Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 6:07:57 PM EDT
I recently moved into a new to me house that has a water softener.  The previous owners didn't leave a manual for it though and I've never had one.  The brand says "Aquaseme" and when I do a search on it, the web page comes up in French.  Also, the stickers on the side of the tank are in French.  The web page does show the unit in my basement though so I know I'm close.
Does anyone know where I could get a manual for this thing?  Do I just go to Home Depot and get the salt tablets and throw them in??
There is no installers sticker on the unit for me to call either...
Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The only time I would think you need instructions would be to help you set the hardness settings.  Otherwise, fill it up with tank with salt when it gets low.  About once a year or so, at a time when the salt is very low, take the salt tank apart (that should be very easy to do) and clean it out. I've had a culligan for about 12 years and filling the salt tank once every 5 or 6 months is about all I have to do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure it is plugged in as this provides power to the timer and valves used to flush the treatment tank.    The timer should be settable to flush the tank at a time of low use.  Fill the correct tank with water softener pellets.  I used plain old rock salt.  The only thing to watch is keep the salt level above the water level in that tank for maximum concentration.  Because of the rock salt, I suppose, I kept an old mop handle to poke down through the salt as it would 'bridge' up occasionally.  I really liked having a water softener, less soap with more lather, less wear and tear on clothes, and getting clean without stripping all the natural skin oils off.  Enjoy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top