Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:41:32 AM EDT
Its not a quiz, im curious. A  guy at my work just inherited these 2 pistols and both have no marking on them. The semi has a picture of an Indian Chief on each side of the grips. As for the revolver, I have no clues at all, sorry the pics are kinda shitty, but thats how I got them from him.

http://ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/Picture105.jpg

http://ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/BP.jpg

The revolver is hammerless.

I have very little info regarding the 2, ill find out more today. If you can identify them, any info, or background info would be greatly appreciated

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Savage 32acp pistol us developed weight 625g rifling 6 groovesv in production from 1907-28
and a Webley pocket hammerless in .320 British in production from 1901-36
weight 480g rifling 7 grooves
It will help your weapons training and education to study and memorize Janes Infantry Weapons
and have a NATO course on small arms inspection and the Bosinian deployment course given at Camp Eagle called the NATO and Forign Weapons Course
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Top looks like a Savage. Maybe a .32?

Second maybe an H&R or Iver Johnson?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Savage 32acp pistol us developed weight 625g rifling 6 groovesv in production from 1907-28
It will help your weapons training and education to study and memorize Janes Infantry Weapons
and have a NATO course on small arms inspection and the Bosinian deployment course given at Camp Eagle called the NATO and Forign Weapons Course

Also helps if you go here
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Bro, if your gonna brag...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes the first one is a SAVAGE.  Its the same gun used by the Jude Laws character  to kill Tom Hanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bro, if your gonna brag...

hey I said I knew weapons not how to spell I am typing cooking dinner for my girlfriend and studying for a college statistics exam all at once if somethings got to slip let it be my spelling
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes the first one is a SAVAGE.  Its the same gun used by the Jude Laws character  to kill Tom Hanks.

I cant recall that movie, which one was that?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Road to Perdition.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW, bloodmoon, you really know you guns, impressive
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its not a quiz, im curious. A  guy at my work just inherited these 2 pistols and both have no marking on them. The semi has a picture of an Indian Chief on each side of the grips. As for the revolver, I have no clues at all, sorry the pics are kinda shitty, but thats how I got them from him.

ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/Picture105.jpg

ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/BP.jpg

I have very little info regarding the 2, ill find out more today. If you can identify them, any info, or background info would be greatly appreciated

Top is an Astra 9mm pistol, bottom appears to be a S&W hammerless revolver from way way back
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top is an Astra 9mm pistol, bottom appears to be a S&W hammerless revolver from way way back

Ok, now I have 2 completely different opinions.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually looking at the grips on the revolver, I am thinking S&W as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's one of the reasons I love this place...les than TWO MINUTES to get an accurate answer to an esoteric question.

But is it accurate?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I could be wrong, but I could almost swear Astra made an autopistol like the one in the first picture.

The second is hard, as lots of people copied S&W's revolver designs, (Iver Johnson being the most widely known)  but that does look like a genuine Smith.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's one of the reasons I love this place...les than TWO MINUTES to get an accurate answer to an esoteric question.

But is it accurate?

the only inaccuracy would be if that Webley is a third world clone of some type I dont remember seeing a chrome or nickle plated version of that in any of my text books.  However that design is quite old and was made in a lot of different cartridge versions
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong, but I could almost swear Astra made an autopistol like the one in the first picture.

The second is hard, as lots of people copied S&W's revolver designs, (Iver Johnson being the most widely known)  but that does look like a genuine Smith.

that is not a S&W design it was made and designed by Webley If I was at my apartment I could get you the patent date. The astra version of that pistol is a clone of the savage design
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually looking at the grips on the revolver, I am thinking S&W as well.

the thing that gives it away as a webley design is that stupid hump in front of the cylinder those guns are very rare so it could be a copy of some type
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]
If the picture was of better quality it would be easier to tell because webleys have there screws in wacky places
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Astra does kinda look like the Savage, but the Indian Chief logo on the grips is the most obvious giveaway.  The Astra has a knurled ring around the muzzle (recoil spring retainer IIRC)) & a grip safety.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

listen to me that is not a damn astra pistol you know how I know because the grip has a indian head design that is on all savage pistols of that time frame infact i bet there is a slogan on that pistol that says somthing like savage quality or savage perfection or something of that nature
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Astra does kinda look like the Savage, but the Indian Chief logo on the grips is the most obvious giveaway.  The Astra has a knurled ring around the muzzle (recoil spring retainer IIRC)) & a grip safety.

You are a better man than me if you can see the logo on those grips.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn i was typing as you posted good eye I knew right away that wasnt a astra because my dad has two
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, he just read the original post.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
listen to me that is not a damn astra pistol you know how I know because the grip has a indian head design that is on all savage pistols of that time frame infact i bet there is a slogan on that pistol that says somthing like savage quality or savage perfection or something of that nature

so now you know how he know! So there!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so now you know how he know! So there!

ya actuallly I burned the shit out of myself with some spagatti as I was typing that so I guess no childish remark goes unpunished
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you paste the picture in Photoshop and adjust the brightness, sharpness and zoom in a little, you can see the Indian logo.  But as others mentioned, SBCZILLA also put it in his original post.

Although this pistol does have a similar profile to the Astra pistols, it is not a model 300, 400, 600 or any of the other variations that I can find.  Another giveaway that this is a Savage 1907 is the way the hammer protrudes from the top of the slide instead from behind it.

If it works, here's a picture of a 1907 Savage stolen from another site:

LL
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is 1 more guys, the only markings are "38 special made in italy"

http://ourworld.cs.com/NO%20FBDY%20BS/Picture103.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top