Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2001 8:59:34 PM EDT
If so how much dose something like that cost?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely!  The price varys greatly.  From some home-do-it-yourself type refinishing from some place such as Brownells or a professional job which can be from a couple hundred dollars to well over a thousand or two depending on what you want.

Some finishes are for function/durability.  Others are for looks.  From camo patterns to tricked out anodized aluminum in different colors.

Here's a list of refinishers, but I'm sure there's more...

[url]http://www.igun.com/gun.html[/url]

- Robbie
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No, They'll just screw it up! Better just to sell it to me. [:D] New guns always look nicer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You would'nt believe how we refinish the M16s here in Australia.

After a rebuild, using a black primer etch, we spray paint them. Full stop! The whole fucken gun from flash suppressor to butt plate with furniture being done too.

We are famous (or nor so famous)for doing this to all our small arms including the BHP, Steyrs, Minimis, but not the MAG 58 or 12.7mm MGs.

Strange but true!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I sent my stripped PWA preban recievers to DPMS and let me tell you, they re-anodized and teflon coated those things to perfection. Better than new I'm telling you, for under a hundred bucks. I would highly recommend them to anyone, you won't be disappointed!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out Robar, their my fav. #1 job but there not cheap!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out Mac's for a tactical non reflective type finish. We can also apply our Stock-Kote finish to the furniture for a 100% job. Thanks, Mac.
[url]http://www.shootiniron.com[/url]
I hope I did this link right!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Robar. I have had several firearms done up by them, and their work is second to none!

[url]www.robarguns.com[/url]

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top