Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
As a preface, I have zero desire to be married to two women.  But there are cultures/religions where polygamy is/was an accepted practice and part of the culture, including some in Africa, the Arab world, the Mormons, etc.

While I've been infatuated with more than one woman, I have never been in love with two women at the same time.

I am not saying that someone could not be, I just don't think I've experienced it.  You can certainly love several people 'equally' such as children loving their parents or vice-versa.  

Has anyone here felt that they were 'romantically' in love with two women?  Is this even possible?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it's possible for me.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
i dont see why not.  exclusive monogamy is a social construct
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in love with 7 women in high school not including linda carter and daisy duke
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. Two minutes at a time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I did it for a couple of hours one night.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As a preface, I have zero desire to be married to two women.  But there are cultures/religions where polygamy is/was an accepted practice and part of the culture, including some in Africa, the Arab world, the Mormons, etc.

While I've been infatuated with more than one woman, I have never been in love with two women at the same time.

I am not saying that someone could not be, I just don't think I've experienced it.  You can certainly love several people 'equally' such as children loving their parents or vice-versa.  

Has anyone here felt that they were 'romantically' in love with two women?  Is this even possible?

the muslims have this right.. 1 wife will make your life mesrable.. two wives will fight all the time and make your life miserable.... 3 wives.. two will always gang up on one.. and make your life miserable.. but four.. four is the perfect number....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Short answer, yes of course. Get both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Absolutely.

Love is additive... you can add love for another person without taking away love from another.  Like children... you don't love your first child less when the second one comes around.

I firmly believe that you COULD love, and keep relationships going, with more than one woman and love them each in their own ways, without lessening the love for any of them.

Of course, getting them to agree with it, and making it work, is another thing all together.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I know you asked for a man's point of view, but i'm going to offer up my opinion as well.  For me, no.  Without getting all girly on you, I will suffice to say that being 'in love' is reserved for one person.

I agree with that. MO is that if you think you are in love with more than one then you are in love with neither.  Sure you can lust after many more, be infatuated with many, etc but love, by definition, is an entirely different matter and excludes others.

Now if I had ever had that experience perhpas I would feel differently but it is my experience that true love is relatively rare and that those who belive they were in love with more than one woamn at the same time don't really know what love is.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, but that does not make it a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the muslims have this right.. 1 wife will make your life mesrable.. two wives will fight all the time and make your life miserable.... 3 wives.. two will always gang up on one.. and make your life miserable.. but four.. four is the perfect number....

Errr, I am pretty certain that they have a little bit different outlook on women....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I know you asked for a man's point of view, but i'm going to offer up my opinion as well.  For me, no.  Without getting all girly on you, I will suffice to say that being 'in love' is reserved for one person.

I feel the same way.  But I was careful in my post not to say that it was not possible.  I can't possibly know what is in someone else's heart (now I'm getting girly/mushy).  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You've only been married for what - a week?
I hope your wife doesn't read this post...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel the same way.  But I was careful in my post not to say that it was not possible.  I can't possibly know what is in someone else's heart (now I'm getting girly/mushy).  

Please IM me for the address you'll need to mail in that man card.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Absolutely.

Love is additive... you can add love for another person without taking away love from another.  Like children... you don't love your first child less when the second one comes around.

I firmly believe that you COULD love, and keep relationships going, with more than one woman and love them each in their own ways, without lessening the love for any of them.

Of course, getting them to agree with it, and making it work, is another thing all together.

+1

There's the rub.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#20]
........in the same bed?

at the same time?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've only been married for what - a week?
I hope your wife doesn't read this post...

well, this is shit i learned in my sociology class (part of my major in college)

and just because i recognize it as a social construct does not mean that i am not bound by it!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
DUDE, your beggin for trouble with a capital "T". I have enough problems with one woman, can't imagine two. That is nuts!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I can be head over heels seriously in love with at least 6 women at one time.  Men are very capable of spreading their love over immense areas.  Hell, I've fallen in love 25 times just on one BOTD thread!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Short answer, yes of course. Get both.

+1

Yep, What he said.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Just to set things right...

Morman's do not do the polygamy thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#26]
sure, except for one thing--why do you have to drag love into the whole thing and ruin it
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Can a man be 'romantically' in love with two women at the same time?

- 23 pages
- a lock
- 2 bannings
- 3 pics posted that violate the BOTD rules

...I'm going to make my popcorn....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Another female view - Yes it is possible.  I didn't think it was possible til I experienced it (2 men).  You are lucky if you find love with one person but it is hell to love two.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Another female view - Yes it is possible.  I didn't think it was possible til I experienced it (2 men).  You are lucky if you find love with one person but it is hell to love two.

worthless with out pics.

sorry, i had to
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, no problem.  Or live with one, love the other.  There are as many possibilities as there are people.

Then there's this old song: "trying to love two women is like a ball and chain", "one has my money, the other has my heart"..........
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]

at the same time?

Actually, that's preferred
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Sure, Why not.. women do it all the time!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just to set things right...

Morman's do not do the polygamy thing.

Mormon's do not practice it, currently.

The rules were explicit in what could be done and what could not be done.

Two women in the same bed was not allowed (sorry, you pervs).

Sisters were not allowed (again, pervs).

Mother and daughter not allowed (sheesh you freakin' pervs!).

Then there was the list of requirements . . . provide for each equally, not have them under the same roof longer than necessary, be told to by the prophet, etc etc.

This was for marriage, but it did not say LOVE.

Love is harder to accomplish than marriage, but many of the Mormons who practiced it succeded in providing love.

The perverts who currently practice it are just that, they sponge off their spousess the .gov and whoever else will support them, then they go find another 13 y/o with gullible parents or a desire to run away and knock her up.  Then they use MY religion to justify their actions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#34]
"The bee goes from flower to flower, and not the flower from bee to bee..." The King of Siam, from Rogers and Hammerstein, The King and I

I do think that a man can have many wimmenz friends without cheating on his spouse. I don't buy the bullshi'ite about "emotional affairs" just because there are some things that you can talk about with your friends and not with your wife. Just because the friend happens to be of the opposite sex doesn't mean that you're having an affair (even though Dear Abbey says so...) I have female friends that I can talk to about things I wouldn't dare talk to my wife about...if I did I'd be fighting with the wife nonstop or divorced.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I might take this opportune time to remind you that being "in love" has been proven to be a mental illness that trips certian parts of the brain closely associated with obsessive compulsive disorder.

Yes, folks, being "in love" is a mental illness.

So yea, so long as your fucked in the head and crazy as a fucking loon with absolutly no connection to reality, its possible to be in love with as many women as you woant.

Only crazy stupid fuckers give in to "being in love" and then do stupid shit like get married to a bitch that takes you for all your worth, fucks you over and takes away all your guns, your kids, and leaves you fucking penniless so she can go fuck sombody else( who just happens to be a mental patient at a state mental institution who is in there for eating himself and lighting his arms on fire) on your dime while you absolutly HAVE to work at least two to three weekends a month of overtime just to make ends meet.

Fucke being "in love".  I'll stick with jerking off in th shower if being in love means that o[ption ever again.

I miss my kids.

Chris(the drunk as hell on rum and coke "love?" doctor)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#36]
TWINS
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yes, you can

+1
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been telling the hubby I'm going to put more men on the job but I don't think that's really the answer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I might take this opportune time to remind you that being "in love" has been proven to be a mental illness that trips certian parts of the brain closely associated with obsessive compulsive disorder.

Yes, folks, being "in love" is a mental illness.

So yea, so long as your fucked in the head and crazy as a fucking loon with absolutly no connection to reality, its possible to be in love with as many women as you woant.

Only crazy stupid fuckers give in to "being in love" and then do stupid shit like get married to a bitch that takes you for all your worth, fucks you over and takes away all your guns, your kids, and leaves you fucking penniless so she can go fuck sombody else( who just happens to be a mental patient at a state mental institution who is in there for eating himself and lighting his arms on fire) on your dime while you absolutly HAVE to work at least two to three weekends a month of overtime just to make ends meet.

Fucke being "in love".  I'll stick with jerking off in th shower if being in love means that o[ption ever again.

I miss my kids.

Chris(the drunk as hell on rum and coke "love?" doctor)

You are so gonna bow before the porcelain God tonite, hun.
Good luck with all that.
And tagging this thread...very interesting read...the above post nonwithstanding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I've been telling the hubby I'm going to put more men on the job but I don't think that's really the answer.

explosive there!!!! just add beer

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#41]
actually there is no limit
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Nope, I don't think men have the attention span to be in love with 2 women at once.  Going out with 1 and interested in another: sure.  married to one and fooling around with another:sure, having sex with 2 or 3: sure.  Being in love with 2: nope.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You are so gonna bow before the porcelain God tonite, hun.
Good luck with all that.
And tagging this thread...very interesting read...the above post nonwithstanding.

Well there missy.  Let me be the first to say that there's not a single bit o' misinformation in that post.  Not one little bit.

While I may be a tad on the inebreated side, it dosn't change the truth of me post.

It IS trues that the being "in love" part that takes place in the early parts of a relationship are in fact closely related to having a severe case of mental disease, and the rest was based on personal ex[perience.  Unfortunatly.

And fer yer information, I am one of the few blessed individuals who, no matter how drunk they get, NEVER gets hung over.  Not once. Never.  I do consider it a blessing and because of that, I will NOT be praying to the porcilin god on this night or any other night.

But I thank ye' fer yer honest opinion of me post......

Chris
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the key here is being "in love" and loving someone like a wife are two totally different things IMO.  I know many married people who love each other, but only a few who are truly truly "in love."

IMO, when you're "in love" with someone, nothing else and no one else in the world matters.  You only want that person and nothing else in the world can compare.  If someone else does compare, then you're not really "in love."

Just my .02, but I know several disagree with that viewpoint.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I would say it is possible to be in love with more than one person at a time.  

Love is a very strong feeling of affection. Love cannot easily be described for it is a mixture of emotions, people can love and be loved in different ways.

Love is the attraction of one person to another person, object or sensation. It is debated whether animals can experience love. Love is created by chemical reactions in the brain. Eating chocolate releases the same chemicals in the brain giving one the feeling of love.

Love is a relative sensation; different people can feel or experience love in different ways. As a result it is something that is difficult to define.

A common belief is that there is a difference between being "in" love and loving someone. Being in-love is something which many people believe is obsessive; people think about the person or thing they are in love with constantly, the person or animal (if that is possible) is consumed by the one he/she is "in love" with. There are many forms of love: self-love, divine love, love for another person (family member, friend, lover), just to name a few. In fact, love does not even have to involve people; for example, love can exist in regard to an object or ideology. Psychology divides love into three basic catergories: brotherly love, romantic love, and physical love. Theoretically, having all three makes true love. Often times love can be confused for another feeling; what was thought to be love may not have even been love, but another feeling. However, as was said earlier, it is hard to tell if the feeling of love was ever present since it is hard to define in the first place. There are other instances when love can be corrupted; love was once present, but another feeling, such as jealousy or anger, has taken over and overshadowed the feeling of love.

The basis for all love is respect, esteem, and admiration. Respect must be present in order for love to germinate and grow. One cannot love someone or something one disrespects, hates, or loathes.

Everyone thinks of love in many different ways. Some people believe in love at first sight, while others believe in a love that takes time to grow and become great. It has the power to drive one to greater deeds, sometimes crazy actions. It is considered the best and highest of all emotions, possibly even the ultimate purpose in life.

Many feel love is the feeling of being addicted to someone, or something in the sense that you feel you couldnt live without them/it. The feeling of knowing that that certain person/thing is indespensable to you.

Love can be well described as chemical chaos, although romantic love is seen to fit this decription the best. Brotherly love, the love for family and people close to one is an innate feeling.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I would say it is possible to be in love with more than one person at a time.  

Love is a very strong feeling of affection. Love cannot easily be described for it is a mixture of emotions, people can love and be loved in different ways.

Love is the attraction of one person to another person, object or sensation. It is debated whether animals can experience love. Love is created by chemical reactions in the brain. Eating chocolate releases the same chemicals in the brain giving one the feeling of love.

Love is a relative sensation; different people can feel or experience love in different ways. As a result it is something that is difficult to define.

A common belief is that there is a difference between being "in" love and loving someone. Being in-love is something which many people believe is obsessive; people think about the person or thing they are in love with constantly, the person or animal (if that is possible) is consumed by the one he/she is "in love" with. There are many forms of love: self-love, divine love, love for another person (family member, friend, lover), just to name a few. In fact, love does not even have to involve people; for example, love can exist in regard to an object or ideology. Psychology divides love into three basic catergories: brotherly love, romantic love, and physical love. Theoretically, having all three makes true love. Often times love can be confused for another feeling; what was thought to be love may not have even been love, but another feeling. However, as was said earlier, it is hard to tell if the feeling of love was ever present since it is hard to define in the first place. There are other instances when love can be corrupted; love was once present, but another feeling, such as jealousy or anger, has taken over and overshadowed the feeling of love.

The basis for all love is respect, esteem, and admiration. Respect must be present in order for love to germinate and grow. One cannot love someone or something one disrespects, hates, or loathes.

Everyone thinks of love in many different ways. Some people believe in love at first sight, while others believe in a love that takes time to grow and become great. It has the power to drive one to greater deeds, sometimes crazy actions. It is considered the best and highest of all emotions, possibly even the ultimate purpose in life.

Many feel love is the feeling of being addicted to someone, or something in the sense that you feel you couldnt live without them/it. The feeling of knowing that that certain person/thing is indespensable to you.

Love can be well described as chemical chaos, although romantic love is seen to fit this decription the best. Brotherly love, the love for family and people close to one is an innate feeling.

Not to piss in yer cheerios, but that was a flowery, female attempt at explaining a mental illness.  They have found out that the state of being "in love" triggers the same receptors in the human brain as obsessive complulsive disorder and the being "in love" is all about obtaining the "prize", nto actually caring for the other person.  Its sort of like when one of us gun nuts starts obsessing about a new gun that we want to get and we spend day and night researching it on the internet and going to play with one at the local gunshop.  It becomes about the "chase" and getting that all too elusive prize.

Being "in love" is a psychotic disease. Period.  Long term love is an entirely different beast though and more of the above flowery rhetoric applies to that.

Chris

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes but its not a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Can a man be 'romantically' in love with two women at the same time?

- 23 pages
- a lock
- 2 bannings
- 3 pics posted that violate the BOTD rules

...I'm going to make my popcorn....

Yes, it's possible for a guy to be in love with more than 1 woman at the same time. I don't believe it has to be a lose/lose situation for anybody either as I also think it's possible for a guy to be able to love each woman equally (IF he geniunally loves them at all). I don't believe it's necessary for any one woman in the relationship (yes, virginia, relationship) to be required to take a backseat to any other woman in the relationship. In a way, think of it (i.e. loving each person equally) like raising children. If a couple has 2 or 3 kids together do they love and care for 1 particular child and ignore the other kids in the family? In healthy families, the obvious answer to that question would be "no". If a parent could love several kids equally then why could a man not also love several women/wives/girlfriends equally as well? If a guy can't (or won't) do that then he doesn't deserve to be in the relationship in the first place.

Okay, now let's get on with the bannings and the locks.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:29:22 AM EDT
[#49]

From my own experience, I say, absolutely.......

Not going to bother with any details, but I will say that I was.    I'll also say, that it was extremely difficult to deal with.  

Ultimately, I ended up with neither..... Not because of the fact, just worked out that way.

Life is certainly strange at times.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:09:17 AM EDT
[#50]
He ate himself?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top