Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 4:03:53 AM EDT
My Baby & I are very much in love.  We're also very interested in becoming active in "church." We have seen too many times the results of a "Godless" marriage. (The question is more hypothetical. We are truely blessed but please remember us in your prayers.)
Discussion?
Prayers?
Good wishes?
Thanks,
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My Baby & I are very much in love.  We're also very interested in becoming active in "church." We have seen too many times the results of a "Godless" marriage. (The question is more hypothetical. We are truely blessed but please remember us in your prayers.)
Discussion?
Prayers?
Good wishes?
Thanks,
Hessian-1

Simple answer, no. Not if you both actually believe in the church to which you belong.
Here is what mormonism says about you, and all Christians:

Mormons claim that to restore the true Church and true gospel to the earth, in 1820 God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in a grove of trees near his home. They told him that all professing Christians on the face of the earth were abominable and corrupt and that the true Church, having died out completely shortly after it began, was to be restored by Smith.

If she really believes in what mormonim teaches then she will teach your potential future children that daddy, because of his Christian faith, is "abominable and corrupt". Not a good prospect for a happy household.

Why Catholics and Methodists consider mormon "baptisms" invalid.
www.apologeticsindex.org/news1/an010723-05.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Happiness is a choice. Choose wisely . . .
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Discussion?
Prayers?
Good wishes?
Thanks,
Hessian-1

Simple answer, no. Not if you both actually believe in the church to which you belong.

Mormons claim that to restore the true Church and true gospel to the earth, in 1820 God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in a grove of trees near his home. They told him that all professing Christians on the face of the earth were abominable and corrupt and that the true Church, having died out completely shortly after it began, was to be restored by Smith.

If she really believes in what mormonim teaches then she will teach your potential future children that daddy, because of his Christian faith, is "abominable and corrupt". Not a good prospect for a happy household.

not entirely true, I would be interested in where you ehard this...
As for Hessian's question, you could be happy, my SIL and her husband are doing alright, though he is not of her faith, like anything else in Marriage it takes work and understanding. Keep in mine there are some rather large doctrinal differences between Bapgtist and LDS teachings, if you do not come to an agreement regarding the teaching of those to future children now, it will cause you difficulties later...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Discussion?
Prayers?
Good wishes?
Thanks,
Hessian-1

not entirely true, I would be interested in where you ehard this...

What part is not "entirely true"?

I do not think it possible for someone who believes Christ is God to have a good marriage, blest by God, with someone who thinks Jesus is the brother of Lucifer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Darn! [tongue in cheek] I guess the wedding is off! [tongue in cheek]
(We'll just continue "living in sin," and praying together every night!)

Well, I asked! And I'll give each and every response the full "consideration" they deserve.
(There seems to be a lot of hostilility amongst "religious practicioners"(I know I can't spell) here!)
(linking to something implys agreement)

BTW, Who said "Who" was the "infidel" in this relationship? To set the record straight, I am the ("Jack") Morman; former Baptist, Church of Christ, Non-Denomenational, etc, etc. I do not wish this thread to become a    for "bashers" of any "flavor." (If that was not your intention, my apoligies.)
My God is a merciful, forgiving, all inclusive God, hence my beliefs. For the record, I do believe that lucifer was Jesus's brother.(God did create the Heavens & the Earth and all that is in them, Didn't He?

I prefer to celibrate the similarities, rather than debate the differences! God (& Jesus) is all about goodness and virtue in my world!

As usual, YMMV & JMHO
Hessian-1

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 For the record, I do believe that lucifer was Jesus's brother.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Discussion?
Prayers?
Good wishes?
Thanks,
Hessian-1

___

There is no "...simple answer...", as remarked earlier.  However, that you both are dedicated to G-dliness, respect for each other, and an ethical relationship seems to indicate you both have discussed this, and have the love and respect for each other you will need.

I am Jewish, and my wife is Christian.  Our love and respect for each other is profound.  Also, we both approach religious and life issues from the standpoint of ethos rather than dogma.

It works for us, and believe me, you won't be the only inter-faith marriage out there!

Best wishes to you both,

Ed
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]
This isn't the thread to argue about the God head but in either religion you should be married before you get to "know" each other ,biblicaly speaking.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#9]
All I know is, the man said, "Be fruitful and multiply."
He did not specifically say, "Be fruitful and multiply only with members of thine own faith."

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Hessian-1,

You ask a question that is relevant for any couple that share differences of religious beliefs.  Here are some things to consider:

1.  The wife is almost always the more influential partner as far as determining the religious upbringing of the children.  You need to ask yourself if you're comfortable with your children being raised in a faith that differs from your own.

2.  Are either or both of you now active in your respective churches?  Are either of you likely to become more active in your respective churches as time goes on?  The difference of religion may be a non-issue now, but could explode into a very big issue if either of you experiences a significant change in religious activity later on in life.

3.  If religios affiliation does become a problem in your marriage, your children are going to be caught in the middle of the storm.

Please note that I haven't taken sides or insisted that either party change religions.  I'm merely presenting some things that you should consider carefully before taking those vows.  I hope the best for you both.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He did not specifically say, "Be fruitful and multiply only with members of thine own faith."

Actually, I remember the Lord having a lot to say on that very subject.  The Lord has been very specific on the matter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes his beliefs are so much less logical than your own

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I remember the Lord having a lot to say on that very subject.  The Lord has been very specific on the matter.

for the love of GOD!
Does NOBODY have any clue???

Ya know what?? It's quite possible the monks transcribing that day were pissed at the Abbott and decided to "play" with the wording.

He's in love. With, evidently a GOOD women. Not some psycho witch offering chickens and toddlers  up as sacrifices!

Some people are their own undoing---then they undo others for sport...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He also said "go and make disciples of all nations."
Why would a person worry about making disciples of all nations if he has so little regard for his own hearth?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes his beliefs are so much less logical than your own

It is so refreshing to see you actually breaking with your past and making sense for once. Thomas Aquinas would be pleased.
Who knew you were a scholar of both mormonism and Catholicism?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

Ya know what?? It's quite possible the monks transcribing that day were pissed at the Abbott and decided to "play" with the wording.

He's in love. With, evidently a GOOD women. Not some psycho witch offering chickens and toddlers  up as sacrifices!

I see, so you actually quote a book in an attempt to make your goofy point, and then entertain us with a minor hissy-fit when you are blasted out of the sky for your pretentious ignorance on the subject.

To recap;
Playmore: "God said this.."
Shane: "Well, yes, but He also said this.."
Playmore: "Who CARES what God said..."

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Darn! [tongue in cheek] I guess the wedding is off! [tongue in cheek]
(We'll just continue "living in sin," and praying together every night!)

Well, I asked! And I'll give each and every response the full "consideration" they deserve.
(There seems to be a lot of hostilility amongst "religious practicioners"(I know I can't spell) here!)
(linking to something implys agreement)

BTW, Who said "Who" was the "infidel" in this relationship? To set the record straight, I am the ("Jack") Morman; former Baptist, Church of Christ, Non-Denomenational, etc, etc. I do not wish this thread to become a    for "bashers" of any "flavor." (If that was not your intention, my apoligies.)
My God is a merciful, forgiving, all inclusive God, hence my beliefs. For the record, I do believe that lucifer was Jesus's brother.(As we all are brothers and sisters if God is our Father)(God did create the Heavens & the Earth and all that is in them, Didn't He?

I prefer to celibrate the similarities, rather than debate the differences! God (& Jesus) are all about goodness and virtue in my world!

For those who care, our respective children are grown; got one serving our country,(25, USMC, just got back from the sandbox), one (19) preparing to serve a full-time misson, one(19) "searching for herself," and one (22, mentally handicapped, autistic) doing the best that she can, living & enjoying life! Not an axe murderor or pedafile amoung them! And we are, (and I know I speak for all "the parents" "step" & "blood") very proud of them!
We talked about having children, but the thought of raising teenagers when we're 60-70 is not pretty!
(Just because you can do a thing don't mean you should!)

As usual, YMMV & JMHO
Hessian-1

Now, Y'all play nice in my thread! Ya'hear?
If you are going to cut & snip  and take things out of context, let me go pop some popcorn!

I have it on good authority that God loves us all.........Even those of us with unpopular opinions!

Hey! That Jew guy, you know, makes some valid points!
(Thanks Ed!)
H1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

I see, so you actually quote a book in an attempt to make your goofy point, and then entertain us with a minor hissy-fit when you are blasted out of the sky for your pretentious ignorance on the subject.

To recap;

___

Another version of the"recap":

"He":  "We love each other, the ethos of our shared tradition says..."
"She":  "Your're right; how may we incorporate this into our lives..."
"He & She":  G-d has made us beautiful and unique, there are issues between man and woman we will continue to confront every day of our lives together...we work as a team!!"

Republican, Democrat, Jew, Gentile, "Let's have 1 child", "Oh, let's have two!", "Who wants to pay the electric bill this month?"....it really is all the same.  Married life is full of challenge and compromise; it's a microcosm of the world we deal with daily.

If you can't see the difference, then indeed, idolatry (any value held higher than the principal of an ethical life as prosribed by G-d), has indeed blinded the eye.

Ed (JustAJew)

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Hessian-1...'sorry you've been through this.  

Really, Love can conqeor all.  It may be trite, though often true...yet those who can't grasp it don't have a clue.

Ed (TheJewishPoet)  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

___

Yup.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

Interesting comment.  I don't recall ever taking any sides or criticizing either partner in the relationship.  I was just pointing out that especially in the Old Testament there were many times the Lord counseled His people to avoid intermarrying with other groups of people.  

For example, King Solomon's downfall was that he intermarried with women who weren't Israelitish.  The result was that his practices of worship became corrupted.

I never intended for my comments to be so incendiary.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

___

Yup.  

scuba-ed,

I'm curious.  What does Judaism have to say about intermarriage with persons of other beliefs?

If the topic author wants to marry a person with a different religious background, that is certainly his decision.  He has asked for a little advice on the subject and much has been given.

However, for you and Playmore to get offended because somebody says that different religious backgrounds could have a very real impact on marrital success is just plain silly.  Especially considering all the counsel the Lord has given to Israel on the matter.  I would expect you, of all people, to show more sense in this matter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#23]
"For example, King Solomon's downfall was that he intermarried with women who weren't Israelitish. The result was that his practices of worship became corrupted."

___

Poor example.  

Why:

1).  Just leave the poster alone....

2)   Biblical references are great...now who do you want to spin these against?  Solomon married many wives to politically support and extend his kingdom.  Do you really believe Hessian-1 or his love have this in mind?

3)   "The result was that his practices of worship became corrupted"...There's more corruption in the minds of such as you such that you shouldn't interpret upon another.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

To recap;

In deference to Hessian, I shall be nice.
I was being a wise-ass in my first comment.
My reply was also wise-assed, but was sprinkled with common sense. As is this sentiment: Anyone who thinks the monks were infallable really have no idea how easily transcription can get screwed up.
Hessian, I think you already know if the religion issue is a deal breaker.
For me it wouldn't be, see, regardless of what the bible quoters want to nitpic about...I DO know the man wants us to love and be loved.
So long as the two of you lay down ground rules, BEFORE ANY NUPTIALS, you'll be good to go.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"For example, King Solomon's downfall was that he intermarried with women who weren't Israelitish. The result was that his practices of worship became corrupted."

___

Poor example.  

Why:

1).  Just leave the poster alone....

2)   Biblical references are great...now who do you want to spin these against?  Solomon married many wives to politically support and extend his kingdom.  Do you really believe Hessian-1 or his love have this in mind?

3)   "The result was that his practices of worship became corrupted"...There's more corruption in the minds of such as you such that you shouldn't interpret upon another.

Interesting.  You just completely dodged my question.  Please tell us what Judaism teaches regarding this matter.  If you can't bring yourself to do that, don't even bother telling me that my mind is somehow corrupted.
-------------------------------
Edited to add:  

First, my example wasn't directed to the original poster.  It was directed to you and Playmore because you challenged what was otherwise a harmless remark.

Second, though it is true that Solomon married many wives, it didn't impact his standing with the Lord until he married outside of Israel.  Again, this wasn't originally directed at Hessian-1, but rather at you for challenging the fact that the scriptures have discusses this subject.

Third, this is a religion forum.  If it isn't appropriate to mention that the scriptures might have something to say about a topic in this forum, where else is it appropriate?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the love of GOD!

___

Yup.  

scuba-ed,

I'm curious.  What does Judaism have to say about intermarriage with persons of other beliefs?

If the topic author wants to marry a person with a different religious background, that is certainly his decision.  He has asked for a little advice on the subject and much has been given.

However, for you and Playmore to get offended because somebody says that different religious backgrounds could have a very real impact on marrital success is just plain silly.  Especially considering all the counsel the Lord has given to Israel on the matter.  I would expect you, of all people, to show more sense in this matter.

___

Re: "What does Judaism have to say about intermarriage with persons of other beliefs?"

__

It's discouraged.   Our numbers have always been so few.   Quote Hebrew text until the post is trashed.  

___

Re: "If the topic author wants to marry a person with a different religious background, that is certainly his decision.  He has asked for a little advice on the subject and much has been given."

__

Yes...and h'e been trashed.  Actually I guess he's being subjected to an intercession (well, when you put yourself out there on this topic is will happen ).  

Just as in every other thread in this forum....if we can't understand that our shared ethics are more important than our dogmas...welll, you perhaps may see how things can simply go horribly wrong.

___

Re:  "However, for you and Playmore to get offended because somebody says that different religious backgrounds could have a very real impact on marrital success is just plain silly.  Especially considering all the counsel the Lord has given to Israel on the matter.  I would expect you, of all people, to show more sense in this matter.

___

Golly....it's all in the reading, isn't it?  I'm amazed at the number of people who will quote from their dogma at the expense of Israel.  My people have survived inter-marriage for millenia.  We're still here.  Jews have suffered at other dogma as well....though I'm not going there.

That's not what this thread is about.

More sense in this matter?  I divorced my Jewish wife of a 17-year marriage 4-years ago.  She was so career-minded and had to keep-up with the Schwartzes that she didn't really ever want a loving relationship...okay...she was just selfish; her career was more important.   Another story, and only mine; simply adding perspective.

Sense?  From Hessian-1, and my contribution?  My Christian wife and I go to synogogue, together, and in love.  The common theme I hope you understand is mutual respect, ethics, and our willingness to understand our differences in faith--yet not be blinded by dogma.

That is idolatry.  

Sense, from what Hessian-1 seeks as a woman of worth to marry?  May they understand the challenges (as they seem younger than myself), and not be blinded by anything else than love for the rest of their lives.

Sure...I could drone on and on....even add some beautiful poetry from the Psalms.

Though it just goes to show...anybody can quote from the Hebrew Bible.

What's more important is to understand it.

B'Shalom,

Ed

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

[hijack]

Um...I respectfully say....Nu huh!!!
Seriously, we celebrate Hunukah and Passover with our neighbors. I have NO CLUE. I sit there, smile and repeat when nodded at! I've declined fasting on Yom Kippur with them---I like food too much!
Too much work being Jewish.
Although, I DO like matzo ball soup [/hijack]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As opposed to what? I would suggest you just give both barrels. I can more readilly handle a persons anger than their ignorance and pretentions.

My reply was also wise-assed, but was sprinkled with common sense.
Not even remotely. But if you really believe this than the Bibles prohibition against murder, stealing, adultery and homosexuality must also fall under question.

As is this sentiment: Anyone who thinks the monks were infallable really have no idea how easily transcription can get screwed up.
And you got your PhD in Medieval Scholastic Transcription from where?

For me it wouldn't be, see, regardless of what the bible quoters
This from someone who quoted the Bible and then turned on it when it was proven that it actually sided against her.

want to nitpic about...
Is this really the type of person whose advice who think it wise to follow? Someone who thinks God's commands are 'nitpicking'?

I DO know the man wants us to love and be loved.
While God wills that we be happy, He is quite clear in every single book of the Canon, that we are not to put happiness above His will.

So long as the two of you lay down ground rules, BEFORE ANY NUPTIALS, you'll be good to go.
This is your best suggestion for raising children in a household that has one parent believeing that Christ is God and the other believing He is the brother of the devil?
Yeah, that's not completely nuts or anything.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[hijack]

Um...I respectfully say....Nu huh!!!
Seriously, we celebrate Hunukah and Passover with our neighbors. I have NO CLUE. I sit there, smile and repeat when nodded at! I've declined fasting on Yom Kippur with them---I like food too much!
Too much work being Jewish.
Although, I DO like matzo ball soup [/hijack]

___

Hey, there, PlaymoreMinds...liking matzo ball soup is a good start!  You can use the chicken broth as a starter for this and that!!

You're sweet!

'Talk w/ you later,

Ed
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I prefer to celibrate the similarities, rather than debate the differences! God (& Jesus) are all about goodness and virtue in my world!

Belloc, What part of:

Do you not understand? I refuse to argue dogma, doctrine, weather the sun is going to rise tomorrow, et al! If you want to argue these things with anyone, Please start your own thread. I appreciate your imput & position but methinks you just like to argue.
(I'm sorry, perhaps I should have IMed you but, this is my thread.)

Mods, If this thread "continues south" feel free to lock it. Your call.

I have it on good authority that God loves us all.........Even those of us with unpopular/different opinions!
Yes, even Jews, Muslums, Atheists, & even Mormans!
(I told you I couldn't spell!)

Hey! That Jew guy, makes some valid points!
(As do playmore & shane) Now Y'all be nice & let's get some other input in here!
(Thanks Ed!)

You guys do know that barring natural disaster, or acts of God, or war, I am going to marry my Baby!
We have both prayed about this. (Just a matter of when!)
H1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have it on good authority that God loves us all.........Even those of us with unpopular/different opinions!

Hey! That Jew guy, makes some valid points!
(As do playmore & shane) Now Y'all be nice & let's get some other input in here!
(Thanks Ed!)

You guys do know that barring natural disaster, or acts of God, or war, I am going to marry my Baby!
We have both prayed about this. (Just a matter of when!)
H1

___

Geepers...I like this guy!

Best wishes, always, Hessian-1...to you and your betrothed.  

I'm outta-here and signing off from the thread.

B'Shalom,

Ed
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to what? I would suggest you just give both barrels. I can more readilly handle a persons anger than their ignorance and pretentions.

Not even remotely. But if you really believe this than the Bibles prohibition against murder, stealing, adultery and homosexuality must also fall under question.

As is this sentiment: Anyone who thinks the monks were infallable really have no idea how easily transcription can get screwed up.

This from someone who quoted the Bible and then turned on it when it was proven that it actually sided against her.

want to nitpic about...
Is this really the type of person whose advice who think it wise to follow? Someone who thinks God's commands are 'nitpicking'?

While God wills that we be happy, He is quite clear in every single book of the Canon, that we are not to put happiness above His will.

This is your best suggestion for raising children in a household that has one parent believeing that Christ is God and the other believing He is the brother of the devil?

How're ya, Pot? My name's Kettle.
Seriously, Belloc...lighten up. You're giving us Italians a bad rep!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

want to nitpic about...

How're ya, Pot? My name's Kettle.
Seriously, Belloc...lighten up. You're giving us Italians a bad rep!

Come on, PlaymoreMinds, you know we all really love you.

Oh yeah, don't tell your husband I just said that.

By the way, did you say that you're Italian?  Do you have dark hair, too?  I must admit that dark haired Italians sure are pretty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

By the way, did you say that you're Italian?  Do you have dark hair, too?  I must admit that dark haired Italians sure are pretty.

Flirting???
<eyes narrowed>
That's not allowed in the Religion forum.

Hessian...Name your first kid Loki...That'll shake everyone up!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flirting???
<eyes narrowed>
That's not allowed in the Religion forum.

Hey, I'm married.  That means no flirting allowed in any forum.
[Mr Potatohead] I'm a married spud.  I'm a married spud....[/Mr Potatohead]

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
As you know, you can be married, but not sealed (I believe that is the term) unless your partner becomes a Mormon too.   Would you be happy in this marriage,  I can't say.  It's up to you two.  The religious differences will definitely bring pressures to bear on you marriage.  Would either of you be willing to set aside some of those beliefs for the good of the marriage?  Raising children will be a big issue.  Will they ever feel confortable in either church surronding?  

I believe any two reasonable people can be happily married if they are commited to the concept of marriage and all that it implies.  Those vows are serious business and I belive that a good marriage is a comitment that actually frees you up rather than ties you down.  Being married relieves you of all the angst that single people go through when looking for a spouse.  It gives you a partner with which to face the world.  It gives you a family to love and be loved by.  Not a bad thing.

Anthing is possible.  Good luck to both of you and I wll keep you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#37]
My take on it....  I think it is possible to have a happy and fruitful marriage under the situation described. Ask yourselves this- you both come from VERY proselytising faiths- one of which calls the other rank heresy. Can you both forget the need to "save" the other? A mormon woman cannot be sealed to a Gentile, nor will the gentile father be preparing a place for ancestors and family, as is the duty of a mormon man and priest. A Baptist cannot be unequally yoked with an unbeliever, it is their duty of love to seek to get them saved and converted from a false religion....
Could you both let all that training and upbringing and thought processing GO.... and still be true to your soul and to your vision of GOD? IF so, then... either you both will become one or the other.. OR you will both become something DIFFERENT. Growth is good...   When the hard times come (and they will) which faith will you run to? Which vision of GOD will br your guide? Will the other agree with your choice? Will "love" conquer all? Frankly if you both or one of you is serious in your beliefs, I see little likelihood of longterm success.
But then they said that behind our backs when I married the hill-billy Indian woman. We're still workin and lovin........   Best wishes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for All the comments & advice. We are a very diverse community here, that is our strength.
We watched a movie last night that sorta deals with this. Robert Farrell Smith(maybe a decendent of old Joseph himself) made it and it is a hoot! "Baptists at our Barbeque."
Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves!
Carry on!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

But when He said that there was only one faith.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Thanks for All the comments & advice. We are a very diverse community here, that is our strength.
We watched a movie last night that sorta deals with this. Robert Farrell Smith(maybe a decendent of old Joseph himself) made it and it is a hoot! "Baptists at our Barbeque."
Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves!
Carry on!
Hessian-1

Fun movie, but the last 20 minutes was a little too hokie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top