Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 9:12:03 PM EDT
[url]http://www.gunvictimsmemorial.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems appropriate to submit a memorial for the 2nd Ammendment. I noticed there are no "memorials" available to view. Wouldn't it be funny if the first were for freedom lost? Oh well, I'm sure they would never post that one.

Oh wait - I see, you have to click on the letters...
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just remember, It's for the children.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't understand how so many of them can say things like "I don't have any anger towards the killer". If someone killed a loved one, I would do everything in my power to terminate that bastard. What weapon he used to do the deed is not important. You are just as dead if someone caves your head in with a hammer as you are if they blow it off with a shotgun. I would have nothing BUT anger, and would begin by trying to bail the perp out asap......  In any case, I'd probably end up in prison, but the killer would be toast if there were any way possible.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh for crying the f*ck out loud.

Here's one...

He thought he needed to own a gun to protect himself and his family. Instead he was playing around and the gun went off and took his life.
View Quote

"Playing around" with a loaded gun?  What the hell was he doing, juggling?  What kind of lobotomized dumbsh*t was this guy?  The gun didn't just "go off".  Guns don't fire themselves.  Obviously this moron somehow managed to get the business end pointed at himself and then pulled the trigger.  Idiot.

A lot of these are the results of a criminal act.  Not much to be said there - prosecute the criminal, don't persecute the law abiding gun owner.

On the other hand theres a lot of suicides and stupidity.  See above for a perfect example.  A memorial for these people is nothing more than a monument to their own stupidity.  In fact there is already a memorial to these people...the Darwin Awards.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't they post an e-mail address? Are they not willing to face questions about their motivations??
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I can.

since the Internet is pretty much unregulated on the Privacy issue, scum like this aim to take fulla dvantage of hacking their way inside of your house like the common burglars that they are.

everybody should get protective software/programs to shiled themslves from deviants like this.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Feel like making a few memorials?

"Here lies Nicole Brown Simpson, knifed to death by a psycopath husband who was believed to have shown a history of past pyshical violence.   Perhaps if Nicole had owned a firearm this grave stone would be marked with the name "OJ SIMPSON"

This type of stuff could go on and on.  God wouldn't it be great to see it shut down?

I might have to head out to the college and make submitions using their ISP, don't want to do it with my own.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
To purchase a firearm, I think it should be mandatory to take an intelligence test. Something along the lines of:

1. Never look down the muzzle of a loaded firearm. True/False

2. Never put your finger on the trigger of a loaded firearm unless you intend to _______.
a. Fire it
b. Clean it
c. Inspect the muzzle

Etc...

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I think alot of these so call "accidents" are actually suicides.  Either the family is ashamed and wants to cover it up, or if it was an "accident" then they can collect the insurance money.  I think some of those "accidental" shootings, are really murders by really good liars.

I notice that several of their links were to suicide preventions.  They delude themself into thinking if he didn't have a gun, he would not have jumped in front a train or off of a bridge.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top