Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 7:34:44 PM EDT
I'm trying to sell a couple of 10 round ban mags and I have a guy from Canada who wants to buy them.
Can I legally ship magazines to Canada??
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont firearms parts require an export permit?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm trying to sell a couple of 10 round ban mags and I have a guy from Canada who wants to buy them.
Can I legally ship magazines to Canada??
Thanks!

The capacity limit in Canada is 5 rounds unless it is .22LR.  Not to mention that you may be breaking U.S. export laws.  You are inviting The Man into your life.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The US has alot of laws regarding exporting of anything military, even something as small as a handgun magazine.   It's not illegal, but you'd have some Export forms to fill out to cover your butt before shipping it.

I'd sit on those mags till a US buyer bites.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  That's what I thought I've heard....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi all,
I'm a Canadian and here is the scoop:

It is not legal to have a magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds, 5 for rifle.  For .22lr the limit is 10 rounds for pistol, no limit for rifle.  However, there is no limit or restriction on parts.

It is completely legal to import full capacity magazine bodies, and have springs, followers and base pads in another package.

I have bought magazines in the equipment exchange and had them shipped disassembled with NO problems.  I pay extra for the second package, but it beats the dealer pricing up here.

Cheers!

Dez

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top