Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 11:18:40 AM EDT
i've been wondering about this, and i can't find any legislation or provisions for a citizen to have a legal short barreled rifle in Michigan.  if so, what would it cost to register one if i were to buy or build one?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well your generic select fire MP5's and uzi type SBR's are verboten for us mere mortals in michigan.

But i know for a fact that SBR's and NFA toys  that are on the [b]C&R list[/b] are completely legal in michigan for us peasants.

provided you have a valid C&R FFL [b]and[/b] can get the head flatfoot {chief law enforcement officer}in your area to do a signoff for it. on i think what is known as a   form 4.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
well, i guess i should give that idea up, as i called him a stupid cocksucker when i turned in my equipment and resigned as a marine deputy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
ok, so i get a cr license, no big deal, but there are no ar's on the cr list, what other good guns are on the cr list
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
ok, so i get a cr license, no big deal, but there are no ar's on the cr list, what other good guns are on the cr list
View Quote

its more or less a question of what you can afford.

heres a "LITTLE" generic list,provided ou can find one for sale

M-60's
M2 browning 50 cals
M 1919's
M-14's
thompson subguns
M2 carbine's
riesing's
s&w model 76's
madsen's
soumi's {finland}
ppsh 41's
sten's
armalite ar-18's

or just about ANY WW2 era sub gun,machine gun or belt fed weapon you can think of.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
M-60 and M-14 are not C&R.

M-14 intruduced about 1955 and M-60 about  1960 and not on BATF C&R list by name.

Also, not all Thompsons are C&R. Specifically West-Hurley guns that are NOT "WW II Commorative" models. ALL WH guns were made in the early 1980's.

Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]

DRFCOLT,

some C&R guns are listed by serial number not by their date of manufacture

If I listed [B]exactly[B] what variants of particular guns were on the ATF's C&R listing in verbatum be cutting and pasting till next year.

M-60 and M-14 are not C&R.
View Quote

Some early ones (very very few) actually did make it on the C&R list. "look again"
I've actually seen an unfired M-14 still in the grease for sale and listed as C&R.  

As for the M-60, It was listed on a dealers web
site as "C&R listed". if I run across it again I will post it.

Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.
View Quote

I never said when a military gun turns 50 it automatically goes on the list.
I was saying that "just about ANY"  meaning [red]most[/red] guns that on the c&r list are 50+ years old.

There are exceptions,  like the S&W model 76 as I recall the ones that are c&r listed are done so by serial number.

My intent was to simply give an "idea" what was on the C&R listing Please note I said [b]"an idea"[/b] [red]not[/red] an "exact" listing.

if you want an exact list,
You can mull through the stack of legal jargon that is the updated batf C&R listing  at www.batf.gov
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.[/b]

What I was saying is that you are right. According to the BATF list, any miliary weapon that is 50+ years old is automatically on the C&R.

Also, your right, there are exceptions.

But I know that, no way, any M-60 can qualify as C&R. M-14's, maybe, as prototypes, but I doubt it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top