Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:11:29 AM EST
I'm dying for a smoke right now. I've quit but when I'm drinkinging it's a whole new ball game.

I live less than 2 miles from smokes. should I ride my bike? will I catch charge?

I know people will say to BE STRONG but if I'm to drunk to remember what will it matter?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:14:32 AM EST
walk
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:14:38 AM EST
I would say no but who really knows?

In on this one too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:15:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 12:17:12 AM EST by Lazarae]
Yes you can. Walk to the store. Cigarettes ain't worth it. Copenhagen is though.

Editedted four speelllingses.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:19:00 AM EST
don't do it, crashing on a bicycle while drunk is a promise.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:39:01 AM EST
Dont do it. Stay quit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:41:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 12:42:50 AM EST by SINGLE_SHOT]
Well there's always the drunk in public charge. Are you really too drunk to drive? How deep are you. How much food have you had. What do you weigh
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:56:03 AM EST
In most states, yes. If they don't get you for OUI/DWI/DUI you could face public intoxication, and you can't usually bail yourself out for 12-24hrs if at all. (and that's a lot longer without smokes)

Riding a bike while drunk next to a street to get to the store (alongside automobile traffic)... not a good idea even if a block away... Two miles? no damn way. Walking would be safer if you have to.

Keep some clove cigarettes or cigars handy for next time you break.

Have a couple more shots, and put in a movie or play a game.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:04:12 AM EST
Weakling
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:06:05 AM EST
Not in OK. Motor vehicle only.

You could get a PI though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:07:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By SenorTreinteOcho:
I'm dying for a smoke right now. I've quit but when I'm drinkinging it's a whole new ball game.

I live less than 2 miles from smokes. should I ride my bike? will I catch charge?

I know people will say to BE STRONG but if I'm to drunk to remember what will it matter?

Your body and mind will remember, and that ashtray taste will be in your mouth when you wake up.
Just go to bed.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:08:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By sherrick13:

Usually you need the "motor vehicle" prong to be met. There are other charges but DUI "usually" doesn't fly on a bicycle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:30:25 AM EST
Well I just rode my bike right into a fucking storm drain. Yes I'm fucked up . My left elbow is killing me.

Nicotine wins this round.

To any youngsins reading this. DON'T SMOKE CIGARETTES!

Smoke a joint with your pals in the woods before you start this vile shit.

(Obviously don't use any substances but NEVER get hooked on smokes)
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:53:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 1:53:49 AM EST by wganz]
A bicycle is a mechanical device and you can get a DWI/DUI. In Monroe, LA, they gave a guy a DWI for operating an elevator in the hotel he was staying in since it was a 'mechanical conveyance', he failed the field sobriety test, and blew > .1 on breath analyzer.

Please keep smoking since I need the job security.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:10:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 3:10:50 AM EST by sherrick13]
Originally Posted By LE6920:

Usually you need the "motor vehicle" prong to be met. There are other charges but DUI "usually" doesn't fly on a bicycle.

I tried to charge a guy on a golf cart one time, techincally it fits the defination of a motor vehicle in OK, but the prosecutor said no go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:12:06 AM EST

I tried to charge a guy on a golf cart one time, techincally it fits the defination of a motor vehicle in OK, but the prosecutor said no go.

I would actually agree with this one. DUI on bike, not so much.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:18:04 AM EST

Thats what alot of people drive around Lake texoma because they can get away with it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:20:03 AM EST
Yes, you can get a dwi driving a bike. NJ can also give you a ticket for talking on the phone while biking and when walking
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:24:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By agillig:

Why not? You're only going to hurt yourself.

I thought DWI laws are laws because of your high probability of hurting or killing someone else. But a drunk dude crashing into and killing someone on a bicycle?

Please don't subscribe to the liberal stupidity that has invaded our laws/legal system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:25:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 3:26:04 AM EST by sherrick13]
Originally Posted By gregert12:
Yes, you can get a dwi driving a bike. NJ can also give you a ticket for talking on the phone while biking and when walking

Depends on the State.

Check your state law.

Here is OK.
It is unlawful and punishable as provided in this section for any person to drive, operate, or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle within this state, whether upon public roads, highways, streets, turnpikes, other public places or upon any private road, street, alley or lane which provides access to one or more single or multi-family dwellings, who:

1. Has a blood or breath alcohol concentration, as defined in Section 756 of this title, of eight-hundredths (0.08) or more at the time of a test of such person’s blood or breath administered within two (2) hours after the arrest of such person;
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:26:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By GNRNR:

Thats what alot of people drive around Lake texoma because they can get away with it.

It was this guy's 4th or 5th DUI.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:29:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:34:57 AM EST
So you can get charged with a DUI for riding a bike while drunk, but they will not charge you with driving down the wrong side of the road or holding up the flow of traffic, running a red light, or all the other traffic violations a person with an actual vechile can get charged with.

WTF
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:36:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By xaaronx:
Dont do it. Stay quit.

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:37:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gator:
Originally Posted By agillig:

Why not? You're only going to hurt yourself.

I thought DWI laws are laws because of your high probability of hurting or killing someone else. But a drunk dude crashing into and killing someone on a bicycle?

Please don't subscribe to the liberal stupidity that has invaded our laws/legal system.

I think there's a miscommunication here. I DO agree with charging some for DUI for driving the golf cart, not the bicycle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:37:13 AM EST
you could get a bewee ,{bwi}
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:38:25 AM EST
A friend of mine got arrested for it in college.....

That was here in Texas, though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:40:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:00:41 AM EST

What a JBT!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:04:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 6:05:23 AM EST by GNRNR]
Originally Posted By packnru:

What a JBT!

Do you want some drunk goofing around on the road in a golf cart?

eta Maybe that was sarcasm?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:06:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By SenorTreinteOcho:

New Mexican... it HAD to be a New Mexican asking this.
Top Top