Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2003 5:29:48 PM EDT
I have a pre-ban Oly and I would like to put a 14.5" upper on it.  What kind of registration do I need to go through to make it a legal SBR?

I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find any posts on it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2003 5:35:18 PM EDT
Presuming that SBR's are legal in Colorado, just go here: [url]http://www.titleii.com/[/url] and print out a Form 1 and follow the directions.

That and the $200 and 3-6 month wait should do it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 5:42:42 PM EDT
OUTSTANDING..Thanks, I just might do that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 7:33:27 PM EDT
And yes, they're legal in Colorado (just about everything is).  Only problem may be getting CLEO signoff, depending on which city/county you live in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:08:30 AM EDT
Is a preban required to legally make an SBR? If I have a postban receiver, would getting it SBR registered void it's assault weapon status allowing FH,collapsible stocks,etc.?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:33:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:29:43 AM EDT
Is this like the machine gun thing, as in, if the barrel was built after 1989 it can't be done legally? Or can I get a CLEO sign off and cut half the barrel off of my brand new AR, or, [wishful thinking]HK USP[/wishful thinking]?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:20:39 AM EDT
Theres no date provisions on this.  You can do it with a brand new barrel.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top