Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 9:33:00 AM EDT
I live in Wilmington NC, and I'm trying to work a deal with a guy in Charlotte, NC. Can we just do a face-to-face deal without having to go through a dealer? I seem to have heard we can do this with long guns, but I'm not sure. Anybody know for sure? Thanks in advance for the help!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:47:15 AM EDT
Buyer needs to show proof of residency (NC) to you. DL will do.
I'd write out a bill of sale. Both parties sign.
Thats the end of your legal responsibilty.
Buyer's job to ensure they can legally possess it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:48:16 AM EDT
Federal law allows in-state face-to-face transfers. Long guns or handguns.

But North Carolina may have a state law governing face-to-face transfers. You'll have to check on that part.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:25:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 10:26:17 AM EDT by junebug68]
Thanks for the info fellas. I did some more checking , and it's okay to do it as long as we're both residents, and a bill of sale signed by both parties is done, just like Slacker said. I appreciate the help!
Top Top