Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/21/2001 10:18:25 PM EST
country and bring it back into the US without breaking the law? Can I ship it back?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:20:44 PM EST
Sure you can, no problem. Do it all the time. That isn't a problem, is it guys? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:29:42 PM EST
You bet - just be sure put it in your carry on luggage so you're the only one who has access to it during the flight home.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:32:27 PM EST
Ratters is correct, I do it every once in a while, I go to Mexico get a Full auto from a corupt cop for about $50 bucks ( got an MP5 for $150 this last weekend) Freedom-=fighter dont let than pesky import ban get in your (or the 86' one either) way... OK OK i just couldnt resict ... the answer is NO... and if you do.. what type of hammer would you prefer when making small rocks from big rocks... just dont do it..
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:08:36 AM EST
Given the similar legalities it would be more cost effective to bring back Heroin instead.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:15:54 AM EST
You could try hiding the heroin INSIDE the "full assualt gun" or in the clip.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:16:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2001 8:10:44 AM EST by mr_wilson]
as Bugs Bunny would say ..."[b]What a maroon[/b]!" Mike
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:26:12 AM EST
You mean this isn't one of those "Gunshow/Internet" loopholes I keep hearing about...?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:36:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2001 8:31:02 AM EST by platform389]
Originally Posted By freedom-fighter: country and bring it back into the US without breaking the law? Can I ship it back?
View Quote
Why sure you can Bunky! Listen to all the neat things that will happen to you when you do! A) Large Men with Guns wearing black will visit your home. Most likely they will burn your home down with you in it. B) Your family will be interviewed by Dan Rather, Dateline, and 20/20 about your "fascination" with guns. They will show your highschool year book photo, so I hope you have a good one. C)If you don't get roasted in your home, then you will get an expense paid trip to a Federal Facility where you can meet such famous people as the Unibomber. Your name will be changed to a number such as 245-19-9485. Low bidder clothing and food will be provided for your enjoyment. Activities such as 1 hour in 24 for exercise can be looked forward to. Did I forget to mention the "social time" during showers? Silly me...[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:39:50 AM EST
You might as well just buy a good ol' "semi-assault" gun here in the US and stay legal. Why would you want a "full assault" gun anyway, they are only used for killing large numbers of people quickly. heh.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:42:09 AM EST
Did I forget to mention the "social time" during showers? Silly me...
View Quote
Just don't drop the soap! [:O] Get a tax stamp and a legal one, Ice
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:42:16 AM EST
Now that everyone had busted your nuts a little bit... If you can afford it you cdan probably set up residencein some South American country where these things can be bought cheap and easy, so can most narcotics. But much like narcotics the problem comes from trying to bring these things back into the "freest country in the world."
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:01 AM EST
Always thought if I ever had a BUNCH of money, I would buy an island outside the three mile line and stack tactical nukes on it till I couldnt walk. Nothing like having your own country. [rocket]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:27:04 AM EST
Another question...and not as humourous as "Full Assault Subgun" Can I get a Half Assault Subgun...no no no If the gun is legal to buy here...say a walther pistol and I am in Britain and I can buy one.... How would you legally bring it back?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:44:40 AM EST
please? anyone?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:14:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By freedom-fighter: country and bring it back into the US without breaking the law? Can I ship it back?
View Quote
Yes you can legally do both. H&K, Walther and many other manufacturers and distributers do it all of the time. Whether it would be worth your trouble, both time and money wise, is a different story. Michael
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:59:29 AM EST
Hound,you can infact buy the gun abroad. I had my parents pick up two Huglu shotguns while they were in Turkey on vacation about 6 months ago. It was a major pain in the butt, but the same guns that go for $1000 on Gunbroker.com I got for $200 each. But, the guns have to be shipped back to an FFL. My parents checked the guns like baggage, but when customs found them, they were detained. Then shipped to a holding wharehouse. All kinds of odd papers had to be done and I thought the guns had "dissappeared." Well, about 3 months later I got the guns. There were storage fees, legal BS fees, etc. The two gun ended up costing me $750. Moral of the story...if you can get the gun here for about the same price, buy it here. Much, much less trouble.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:03:13 AM EST
Check out what happend to a buddy of mine: He was overseas and acquies a number of illegal weapons. The night before he is to leave, he gets blithering drunk. Packs them into a duffel bag. Passes out, wakes up the next morning, rushes off to airport, boards military aircraft, flies home. While standing in line at customs, severily hung over, he remembers what he packed the night before. Starts sweating profusely. Vetern/Customs Agent comes out, sees him standing there in uniform, waves him up to the front. Escorts him through and lets him pass on through. He goes home, still packing severe heat. He is home about a month, when one morning, he awoke to the sounds of someone knocking on his door. He opens it to find a US Marshal standing there. He says, Good Morning, Mr.______. I have a list of illegal firearms you brought back with you into the states. I am going to give you the opportunity to redeem yourself. If you give me every firearm on this list, I will walk away, and nothing more will ever be said. You have to decide what firearms is on my list, if a single firearm is left out and it's on my list, you go to prison for a very loooong time. My buddy and gets them all. EVery single one, hands them to him in the same duffel bag. The USM inventories them, says thank you and walks away. That was over ten years ago. Tell me that wasn't a pucker factor of -30!? [:\]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:24:25 AM EST
the marshall probably kept them all if he was even a real marshall ;) just kiddin, well, least he didnt go to prison wouldnt happen like that nowadays
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:22:45 AM EST
Thanks silver, I travel quite often and while I have never had the change to do this before, I would like to know what to do if it happens. Now I have to fing a FFL holder that will accept international shipments.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:47:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2001 10:44:37 AM EST by SouthernShark]
It depends on what you want to do with it. The USA does NOT have a law against you owning any type of gun overseas. The USA doesn't have jurisdiction over you when you are in another country. You have to play by there rules. If its legal for you to buy a full auto weapon in that country, then of course you can buy one. However, you can NOT bring it back into the USA without the proper permits. And it is worth noting that the USA does not give many permits anymore for civillians to own full auto weapons. I am sure that the Government COULD issue you such a permit if it really wanted to, but, unless you are a licensed firearm dealer or some kind of arms manufacturer, then its probably not going to. -SS
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:16:19 AM EST
Before you smuggle anything "risky" into this country, watch "Midnight Express." ------ got blat?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:14:11 AM EST
If you want to smuggle anything into the US, either hide it in a bale of marijuana, or pay an illegal immigrant to bring it in with them. Both of those methods will have no problem getting your toys into the US. Kharn
Top Top