Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 7:08:04 AM EDT
It's an original GI Carbine. It doesn't have a bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its illegal because of the detatchable magazine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought a carbine was fine and dandy, one of the few that somehow was PC enough.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but it cannot have any mags that hold more than 10 rds.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:12:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Should be legal with no bayo lug. Just can't sell him the 15 rd. magazine. Only 10 rounders.

M1A and Garands are still legal in the PRK.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
NO...but you can always send it to me.  I have decided to become a welfare recipient and I cannot think of a better 1st welfare check than an M1 Carbine!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes you can if it has no bayo lug. It's just like a Mini14. Detatchable magazine is moot if it doesn't have the other "evil" features (pistol grip, flash hider, collapsable stock). You just can't sell them anything over 10rd mags (which all I ever seem to find is 15rd & 20rd).
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#7]
M-1 carbines are legal with bayonet lugs (lugs are not one of the Commiefornia prohibited AW features). However, it cannot have a folding stock. Also the magazine round max limit is 10, so the 30 rounders and 15 rounders cannot be sent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes  but you shouldn't.
It will just end up torch cut when the confiscations start there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.  Bought one with my C&R.  Bayonet lug doesn't matter.  Don't send him any mags over 10 rds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Put a note for future reference ask serious questions about CA issues in the CA forum, as you can see here most of what you got was answers from idiots proclaiming their idiocy to the world.

As noted a bayo lug is not a disqualifying feature.  If it was a folding stock, that would be.  But standard plain jane carbines are fine.

Along that line though didn't the GI carbines all come with bayonet lugs?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking for a GI carbine but can't find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There's one in my safe but it isn't for sale.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes  but you shouldn't.
It will just end up torch cut when the confiscations start there.hr

I thought that was New Orleans and Houston where they were taking firearms from the people ... yes I did recall that correctly. hr

I'm in Houston. Nobody's come for my guns....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's one in my safe but it isn't for sale.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Put a note for future reference ask serious questions about CA issues in the CA forum, as you can see here most of what you got was answers from idiots proclaiming their idiocy to the world.

As noted a bayo lug is not a disqualifying feature.  If it was a folding stock, that would be.  But standard plain jane carbines are fine.

Along that line though didn't the GI carbines all come with bayonet lugs?

LOL! Damn Pa, don't hold back!

Anyway, to answer your last question, the answer is no, early carbines had no bayo lug, but any that were arsenal reworked were fitted with the update of a bayo lug. And usually the rear flip sight was replaced with adjustable rear sights too.

I think.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't send it. Commiefornians do not deserve to own guns. They are individual soldiers cut off from their unit, and they have zero combat (political in this case) effectiveness. Their vote is worthless in the pro-gun cause.

As long as anybody who buys guns stays in CA, we will all get saddled with the bullshit requirements of the Commie CA gov't. Loaded chamber indicators, magazine disconnects, integral locks. All that crap is foisted on the rest of us by gun owners that remain in CA. F'em I say. Collaborators deserve NOTHING. If there was no gun market in CA the CA gov't would hold no sway with gun manufacturers and these "modifications" would be far less likely.

Commiefornians, sell what real estate you have before the bubble bursts and rejoin pro-gun forces in Free America.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top