Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 11:00:36 AM EDT
Well, she made it folks.  Now an official LEO after 1600 today.  I am sad my best friend is moving on, but oh, so very proud of her.  It is not what I wanted for her, but it is what she wanted.  Through BS defensive tactics, my dogs eating her boots, school, and frustration with a fear of failure, she has come to fruition.

What pees me off is that out of everyone she invited, all of her family had something better to do.  Every single one of them had another place to be.  She was in tears last night, half of relief, and half of remorse that, yet once again, our willingness to help others means nothing to them.  

Well, as much as I should be working...  By God, I will be there.  Her (get this) brother's ex-girlfriend, my mom, and myself are the only ones who seem to have the time to celebrate this day with her.  Normally I am a shallow person when it comes to such things, but the look of disappointment in her eyes was too much.  I will be there.  

So, hating change as I do, I will say goodbye to an old part of my life and welcome, as much as possible, a new aspect.  If you can make it, I will be the guy in the black T-shirt in the front row, with plenty of room for you.  If not, I ask for your prayers and well-wishes - this is my best friend, and I love her.  

I will post pictures tonight for any who are interested.

I'd like to ask a favor, please?

No matter if you are TBO, txleapd, partspin, OITW, Pontificator, etc...  Will you send her an email of congratulations?  Please?  She has so little support, and yet such a heart, and what dedication!  Even if you don't agree with her chosen career, she made her goals come true.  Surely that is worth a few characters of text?

Just a little email saying congratulations, thank you, been following your progress, wanted to let you know I care, etc, anything.  Her family gave up on her this time (a redundancy in her life) so I am asking for my friends here in ARFCOM to type a short note.  It would be the best present ever for her.

Her email is [email protected]

Here is a chance for us all to support someone trying to do good in this world.  Whether we like cops or not, I would be in debt to you if you could just type her a small mail - tell me here, of course, as we might foster encouragement of others to do the same.  But the more she recieves...  Well, I can't think of a better present.  Will you join me in this, please?

Richard
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Richard I would be glad to send an e-mail, from one woman in LE to another.  I will do it posthaste.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
GG 26, you always were one hell of a class act, if you'll excuse the language, ma'am.  I love you for it - just the smile I imagine on her face getting flooded with emails brings a tear to my eye.

God Bless You my darling, and thank you.  I ask few favors, but this one is important to me.

You have never failed to be a lady.  That's as high a compliment as comes from me.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent camy a short email congratulating her.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent her a congratulatory message.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Richard, I will gladly send her a e-mail.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations sent. Good for her on her accomplishment.

Richard you have been a true friend to her.  Good for you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont' know your or her, but I've sent a congratulatory email.  I'm always happy when I see others giving of themselves to help others and make this country a safer place for those who live in it.  It is a thankless job, but one that can be very rewarding if your heart is in the right place.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I am really sorry about the poor quality.  I went out and bought a 5 mega pixel camera, but either I can't use it right or I got a bad one or something.

Entering the training facility

The breifing screen

The breifing room

The Honor Guard

Guess who taught her the position of attention?  She is the one in the middle of the picture, the little squirt

Getting her degree from Sheriff Arpaio

The celebratory cake

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I really need to learn how to use that camera.

I have everything on video, too, and that is crystal clear.

What I really need is someone who I can send a copy of this DVD to and can put it in a format people here can see.  It is a short, 10 minute or so movie of the training, and ol Camy got herself a snoot full of OC!  Funnier than hell, and we were all laughing like crazy.

Can anyone help me out taking bits and pieces of the DVD and editing them so I can post it here?  I'll gladly pay you for your efforts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Good for her.  Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Email Sent with some words of wisdom from my short 7.5 years in.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#12]
IT's INSIDE!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
GG 26, you always were one hell of a class act, if you'll excuse the language, ma'am.  I love you for it - just the smile I imagine on her face getting flooded with emails brings a tear to my eye.

God Bless You my darling, and thank you.  I ask few favors, but this one is important to me.

You have never failed to be a lady.  That's as high a compliment as comes from me.  

Awww, gee Richard, you're making me blush (again).  Thanks for the compliment!

I hope she got my message.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What I really need is someone who I can send a copy of this DVD to and can put it in a format people here can see.  It is a short, 10 minute or so movie of the training, and ol Camy got herself a snoot full of OC!  Funnier than hell, and we were all laughing like crazy.

Can anyone help me out taking bits and pieces of the DVD and editing them so I can post it here?  I'll gladly pay you for your efforts.

Rich, where in the valley are you? I can rip your DVD and host it for you if youd like.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rich, where in the valley are you? I can rip your DVD and host it for you if youd like.

Rob

I'm in Phoenix (north) bro.  I'll gladly mail it to you, or maybe we can go over it together?  Like I said, I'll pay you for your time.

I have GOT to get her snot-filled face after OC on the Net, though  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats and a cartoon from my website sent.

NorCal

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Email sent!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Email sent with a copy to you.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Email Sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
EMail sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top