Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 8:34:37 AM EDT
[url]http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/headlines/100901-t1.html[/url]

STEVENS POINT — Peace supporters have moved a camp from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point’s Sundial, an open area between the Fine Arts building and the library, in response to violence against them.

The Peace and Unity Coalition members said homemade bombs made with Drano and aluminum foil exploded near the camp on Thursday and Friday. Passersby also placed firecrackers near the tents, yelled obscenities and threw eggs at campers, they said.

A campus security official confirmed that officers confiscated the bombs but declined to comment further. University and city police arrested a 20-year-old Campbellsport native who admitted throwing eggs early Saturday, reports said.

“It saddens me,” said coalition member Matt Filipiak, a student and a Stevens Point City Council member. “That’s our constitutional right. Obviously everyone doesn’t respect the Constitution and doesn’t respect each other.”

The group Sunday contemplated completely shutting down the camp, which began Oct. 1, but decided to move it inside to the University Center’s basement.

“I’m concerned about the message that would be interpreted if we left today,” said Dana Churness, a senior from Wausau.

A somber group of 15 students gathered in the Sundial on Sunday to discuss what the group should do in response to the U.S. air strikes and the violence directed toward them.

“As a group, I think it’s getting too dangerous,” Filipiak said. “It seems like we’re risking our lives, and our lives are worth more than the movement of peace. We need to be realistic with what we can do with everything else we have in our lives.”

Andrew Bushard of Stevens Point wanted the camp to remain intact to show people that the movement is strong.

“People seeing us out there in the cold get inspired and see that we’re dedicated,” he said.

The group plans to continue to march every Friday at 4 p.m.

------
Dumbasses.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
“It seems like we’re risking our lives, and our lives are worth more than the movement of peace.
View Quote

Their lives are worth more than the movement of peace.... Interesting thing to say.

Notice what they did to, they moved... They got pushed away.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
“It seems like we’re risking our lives, and our lives are worth more than the movement of peace.
View Quote

Their lives are worth more than the movement of peace.... Interesting thing to say.

Notice what they did to, they moved... They got pushed away.
View Quote

Huh?  they were throwing EGGS!  When's the last time eggs and fireworks killed anyone?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting that those that refuse to fight for thier freedom hide behind "thier consitutional rights", while the kids out there in uniform on the front lines are sacrificing all thier "rights" so these folks can lay around singing Kum ba ya and Give Peace a Chance.  Perhaps they could invite Osama & some of his friends over for a group discussion....

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what pisses me off about "pacifists"--they wrongly assume that they can promote their agenda without at least considering their own self-defense.  Had the peaceniks retaliated with their own supply of rotten eggs and tomatoes, I'd be impressed.  After all, it's just juvenile bullshit, so fight fire with fire.

Instead, they run to the campus police for "protection" from the "bad people" who disagree with them.  Reminds me of the kid in elementary school who tattles on everyone!

Funny how the Peace Camp relocated to the basement of the Union--a blast shelter!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#5]
They are not pacifists, they are cowards. If that wasn't obvious before it is even more so now.

As for their constitutional right to express themselves I would point out that the counterdemonstrators are also expressing themselves.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, but I bet the counter-demonstrators had fun...!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In employing violence, the counter-demonstrators were not only morally wrong, but guilty of using BAD TACTICS.  STUPID.  Now the peaceniks are the victims, and morally untouchable.
View Quote

Correct. They SHOULD have disguised themselves as peaceniks, and subverted and sabotaged the effort from within. Causing the real peaceniks to resort to violence when logic and reason could not be overcome by feelings would have been MUCH more satisfying!!!

Airborne!
Don Out
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What 11H1P said.
View Quote

Great book called "Low-Intensity Conflict: A guide for Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures"
by CSM James J. Gallagher USA (Retired)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent.  I think this sums up their cowardice best:

“As a group, I think it’s getting too dangerous,” Filipiak said. “It seems like we’re risking our lives, and our lives are worth more than the movement of peace. We need to be realistic with what we can do with everything else we have in our lives.”
View Quote

Their petty, worthless lives are more important than an ideal.  Luckily, in this case, the ideal is wrong anyway...but still.  Way to show that cowardice guys!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Since eggs and firecrackers are so deadly, we should employ them using SEAL team 6 in an amphibious landing at Kabul, ensuring the use of pig's eggs as insult to their flawless and unblemished version of Islam. Use peaceniks as the diversion, with CNN crew on hand to record events. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Must add eggs and fireworks to my roll out bag.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
What's wrong....couldn't they find any "Mortar" rounds????
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I would probably join in on this raid. Use paintball weapons?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#17]
So how do you make "homemade bombs ... with Drano and aluminum foil"?  I must have missed that one in 'The Anarchist's Cookbook'.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I was a man still like those college students...
Monday we were driving past the courthouse (I wasn't there to lose another case, I saved that for Tue, this was just lunch)
There were 10 pieces of shit marching with signs proclaiming the evil of America and how Amerika was a terrorist state...
I wasn't man enough to spit out the window, I just flicked them off.
I hope another person...a real man...did the right thing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I am outraged that someone was arrested for throwing eggs. What a damn joke.

And these guys did exactly the right thing. When you encounter gross stupidity of this kind you do something to show them how stupid they are.

These guys should get egged every day for a month. If they realized this crap is UNPOPULAR they might reconsider their next round of bullshit.

RIDICULE is a form of free speech too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
The 20 year old was rightly arrested since he committed assault.

I find it so hypocritical that so many "pro-gun" people wanted to pursue the arrest of a HCI woman that hit a TRT member in the face with a clipboard at a gun control rally, yet now don't want someone arrested for throwing eggs at people at a peace rally.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#22]
So,...a member of the City Council is a college student,....and a protestor,........?!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So how do you make "homemade bombs ... with Drano and aluminum foil"?  I must have missed that one in 'The Anarchist's Cookbook'.
View Quote

Well to tell the truth Drano bombs (More likely they used The Work Drano does not work with this.)can really hurt my kill if in a glass bottle the Drano or what have it and the aluminum foil interact and make hi amount of presser in the closed bottle just like how a bullet is pushed out of a gun and then the glass just blows up.

Now I'm sorry but glass flying at a hi speed could kill. Just so you know not taking the side of the camps hippy. No I have never made a Drano bomb.[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I dont condone the killing of protesters, but egging them sure would be fun  [}:D]

Ropes
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#26]
More than likely the Drano concoction wouldn't build up enough pressure to pop a glass bottle...  More likely just the top.

Muriatic acid, close to full strength, with aluminum foil is better though. Still don't know if it would pop a glass bottle.  That top is a weak point. But in a well-sealed plastic jug, like a 2-liter bottle...  Nice pop, nice woosh...  Acid goes everywhere.

You didn't hear that from me, though.

And no, i've never done this.  To a living thing, anyway. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Correct. They SHOULD have disguised themselves as peaceniks, and subverted and sabotaged the effort from within.
View Quote

Plus they could've gotten laid A LOT with those leftist sluts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top