Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:21:57 AM EDT
Looking for a sling bag or even a backpack for our upcoming trip to the Great Smoky Mountains. Picked up a Canon 80d to replace my 20d.

Planning on a good bit of hiking, so something that keeps my hands free would be nice vs my old Pelican suitcase style one.

Anything out there in FDE or OD? Not a fan of black, nor the garish colors most seem to be.
Something like my Maxpedition Noatac but with padding.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:24:29 PM EDT
Go here, and on the left side of the page, select the colors you might be interested in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:59:44 PM EDT
Depending on camera/lens size, Maxpedition just put out a camera bag line. I haven't looked into it too much though. A good chunk of the Mindshift and ThinkTank bags are black, dark blue, etc, but not 'tactical.'
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:23:01 PM EDT
I've been using a Tenba BYOB backpack insert. I carry it in medium ALICE ruck when I'm out in the woods, and in a plain black backpack when I'm in a more urban setting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:03:33 AM EDT
Thanks for the input guys.
Ended up getting this Tenba pack, think it'll work out pretty well.

Tenba Messenger
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:59:30 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
I've been using a Tenba BYOB backpack insert. I carry it in medium ALICE ruck when I'm out in the woods, and in a plain black backpack when I'm in a more urban setting.
View Quote
This right here. Except I use a LBT 3-day pack.

I can fit the D500 with lens attached (up to the 70-300) in a BYOB 10, and can fit 3 other lenses in a BYOB 8.

Camera is either in the BYOB or I'm wearing it slung with a Magpul sling. RRS plates have QD swivel receivers machined right in!

D500 + RRS Plate + MS3 Sling by FredMan, on Flickr

D500 + RRS Plate + MS3 Sling by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:11:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FredMan:

This right here. Except I use a LBT 3-day pack.

I can fit the D500 with lens attached (up to the 70-300) in a BYOB 10, and can fit 3 other lenses in a BYOB 8.

Camera is either in the BYOB or I'm wearing it slung with a Magpul sling. RRS plates have QD swivel receivers machined right in!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4576/38754240241_e5bb15a75d_b.jpgD500 + RRS Plate + MS3 Sling by FredMan, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4519/38722941522_a87818ed2c_b.jpgD500 + RRS Plate + MS3 Sling by FredMan, on Flickr
View Quote
That sling setup is pretty sweet.

I almost bought the BYOB 9, but would have needed to get an in between size bag for it. Have really big, or the smallish Noatac.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:21:33 AM EDT
I absolutely LOVE Peak Design gear. I have their messenger bag (NOT what you want), but their backpacks look pretty decent too. I personally HATED my LowePro sling bag. It was heavy/awkward, and I always feared dropping my camera unless I took the bag off my shoulder.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:20:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wintermute76:

That sling setup is pretty sweet.

I almost bought the BYOB 9, but would have needed to get an in between size bag for it. Have really big, or the smallish Noatac.
View Quote
I figure good enough for a $1,500 rifle setup, good enough for a $2,500 camera rig.
Top Top