Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2010 5:11:56 PM EDT
I am having problems with a small company on the East Coast. The owner will not answer the phone or emails. I got his personal email, to which he replied until I brought up the fact that he owes me and a lot of others some money. After that no response..

Are there any legal problems in placing a classified ad in his local paper calling his ass out? Something like:

Trying to contact:
Ross Roggio  Roggio Arsenal
Need to speak with you about an unpaid
debt you owe us.


I know it won't work, but fuck'em I ain't giving up
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:13:26 PM EDT
if its true its not libel or defamation of character.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:14:53 PM EDT
Might be considered harassment.  

I'd probably send a demand letter via registered mail.  Depending on the nature of the business relationship, your local courts may have jurisdiction over them, enabling you to file in small claims (depending on the amount).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top