Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 7:21:17 AM EDT

If you are a christian, or claim to be you need to know this

Church of God research shows that 85% of christians failed to vote in the last election, they stayed home, this is horrible

Get out and vote, it is imperative, as a church we cannot tell people who to vote for, but we can say the issues are abortion, and gay marriage, we can tell people what the bible's perspective/God's view of these important issues are, and tell the people which candidate supports which issues

If all who are called the children of Christ would get off of their pews and go vote, the best candidate would be in office in a huge landslide

All christians need to urge their congregation to vote, and to become ducated on the issues

Any christian who votes for kerry will be giving the nod to abortion, and gay marriage, and to do so would put the believer in a tough spot, if we as christians agree with someones sin, we will be guilty of that sin
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If you are a christian, or claim to be you need to know this

Church of God research shows that 85% of christians failed to vote in the last election, they stayed home, this is horrible

Get out and vote, it is imperative, as a church we cannot tell people who to vote for, but we can say the issues are abortion, and gay marriage, we can tell people what the bible's perspective/God's view of these important issues are, and tell the people which candidate supports which issues

If all who are called the children of Christ would get off of their pews and go vote, the best candidate would be in office in a huge landslide

All christians need to urge their congregation to vote, and to become ducated on the issues

Any christian who votes for kerry will be giving the nod to abortion, and gay marriage, and to do so would put the believer in a tough spot, if we as christians agree with someones sin, we will be guilty of that sin

I find this research to be suspect.......I don't think 85% of ANY group failed to vote last time.

I'd like to see their definition of "Christian" used in that statistic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a Christian and I'm voting. My family is all Christian and all of them are voting too....for Bush of course. God knows WI can use our votes, so we're going to do our part.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
We discussed this at church a little Sunday, and it's more like 60 some odd percent that did NOT vote.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I voted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Church of God?  Never heard of it.  "Assemby of God" maybe?  

Yes, that statistic has to be BS.  Then again, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I voted and so does the wife.

But I agree with your post, the % are high.

But I am not sure if that is a bad thing.   You would be surprised at how many pro-KErry stickers I see at Catholic Churches, and Kerry is Pro-murder!

Go figure huh?  So, I don't neccessarily want more of these type of people.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I am Christian, but I don't really want to elect someone who is going to turn us into a christian state.  I would rather keep the gov. out of my religion.  I mean they screw up everything else.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a christian and I'm voting.
My wife and daughter will be voting in thier first presidential election ever!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
And here I thought this was about that long overdue LION-TAMING Class......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I voted.  My faith is with Christ.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#11]
my definition of a christian was anyone who was a member of a church and claims to be born again

85% did not vote at all
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#12]
unfortunately, you'd be surprised to see the amount of liberal, democrat Christians. Take for example that Baptist church Clinton went and spoke at and they gave him a standing ovation. However, the polls I saw a while back on FOXNews went something like this:

practicing Christians:
85% Bush
15% Kerry

non-practicing Christians:
85% Kerry
15% Bush

now those numbers may not be exact, but it was something along those lines. But I agree, all devout Christians need to get out and vote, and we could win the election by a large majority.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh man, I thought someone had a Hungry Lion  

Quoted:
And here I thought this was about that long overdue LION-TAMING Class......

Mike

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't missed a single election since I was 18.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
my definition of a christian was anyone who was a member of a church and claims to be born again

85% did not vote at all

1) Where'd you get that statistic? I don't buy it.

2) I don't buy your definition of 'Christian' either. I believe that Christ was the son of God, sent to pay for our sinful nature and therefore bridge the gap between a sinless God and sinful human being. But I don't go around claiming to be "born again". I don't divide myself from those "Born-Again" Chrisitans by saying they're not Christian. If you believe that Christ is THE ONLY way back to God, then you are a Christian. Not that complicated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top