Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 6:28:30 PM EDT
OK I have this Pic of our little girl.  I just cant figure out how to fix the skin tones on her face and hands.  Also that weird blue color above her head and on the car seat.

More than welcome to mess with pic(just be nice after all she is our only baby!).  just let me know what you did in "Photo Shop" to fix.

Thanks so much!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Fixed it for you:

[deleted until I fix the picture]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, beaten to it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fixed it for you:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/MagKnightX/baby.jpg

you sonofabitch..

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I was expecting some of this stuff so it doest bother me.

Just hope I get some "Real Help".

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
That's just down right mean!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh crap... I just realized, the healing brush pulled some color from the sheet, making a sort of... let's say drool, and leave it at that... around the baby's mouth...

A similar request, but the site is nowhere near work-safe
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Heh.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh crap... I just realized, the healing brush pulled some color from the sheet, making a sort of... let's say drool, and leave it at that... around the baby's mouth...

I would BEAT YOUR ASS TO DEATH if that was MY Daughter.
You need to edit your post and remove it. Dick!

ETA: I cant belive a person would do that and then point it out?

I tried to fix it for ya mjrowley but my photochop skills arent up to par.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this the original image or have you tinkered with it already?

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
CAN YOU SAY ITS THE X-FILES BABY !
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would BEAT YOUR ASS TO DEATH if that was MY Daughter.
You need to edit your post and remove it. Dick!

Yeah, yeah, removed...

If the person who quoted me could please alter their quote... I took it off of photobucket, but it still shows up through that link.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Not trying to sound sarcastic but my personal advice for this one is to get a new camera. This image has very bad noise and poor color al around. I could fix it but it's not a 5 minute job to do it right, more like half an hour or so.

Basically, to fix this you need to use masks and adjust certain areas differently. The bluish shadow can be corrected but then it will turn the baby red so use a mask to correct that area, then another mask for the baby, then another for the blanket. You might also want to do a very light gausian blur to smooth out the skin tones (use a mask and opacity for this so you get good blends and don't loose much detail). The healing brush won't  do too much here as the noise is pretty evenly distributed & the healing brush uses texture pulled from other parts of the image, you would be replacing noise with noise.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Who me?

If so I did crop it, do you need the un-cropped version?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes, he did tinker with it, a lot.  The one I posted is the original picture.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not trying to sound sarcastic but my personal advice for this one is to get a new camera. This image has very bad noise and poor color al around. I could fix it but it's not a 5 minute job to do it right, more like half an hour or so.

Basically, to fix this you need to use masks and adjust certain areas differently. The bluish shadow can be corrected but then it will turn the baby red so use a mask to correct that area, then another mask for the baby, then another for the blanket. You might also want to do a very light gausian blur to smooth out the skin tones (use a mask and opacity for this so you get good blends and don't loose much detail). The healing brush won't  do too much here as the noise is pretty evenly distributed & the healing brush uses texture pulled from other parts of the image, you would be replacing noise with noise.

Its all good.  the finished Pic will be on a 4x 6 card.  If its to much work don't worry about it.  The camera is one that was given to us.  So I have no excuses there.

TIA
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who me?

Yes, you the proud daddy.

I was hoping that you'd tinkered with brightness and contrast, and had caused some of the noise and artifacts in the process, but evidently you didn't.

My quick fix(otherwise it's a time consuming project)

It has style!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
What are you planning to do with the photo?  Email smaller-sized version or print out a larger version?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
OK I have this Pic of our little girl.  I just cant figure out how to fix the skin tones on her face and hands.  Also that weird blue color above her head and on the car seat.

More than welcome to mess with pic(just be nice after all she is our only baby!).  just let me know what you did in "Photo Shop" to fix.

Thanks so much!

Mike
members.cox.net/joannavrowley/Lexi/mikes%20%20lexi.jpg

1st things 1st:

Image --> Adjust --> Auto Levels

This will fix ALOT of the discoloration.
Then Try:

Image --> Adjust --> Hue/Saturation
Then Drop the Blue and Cyan values down... That should take care of most of it.

The Simple 1min Fix.

ETA:
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who me?

Yes, you the proud daddy.

I was hoping that you'd tinkered with brightness and contrast, and had caused some of the noise and artifacts in the process, but evidently you didn't.

My quick fix(otherwise it's a time consuming project)

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/5228703/70954805.jpg

It has style!

I like it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What are you planning to do with the photo?  Email smaller-sized version or print out a larger version?

We will use it as a 4 X 6  Birth announcement.  I'll up load one that my wife has been messing with.

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]
You might want to do some cropping to eliminate some of the car seat.  I would be tempted to get rid of the warning tag too...

I use Fred Miranda's Digital Velvia action or his new Velvia Vision for saturation adjustments.  Might try that?  I am not very good at Photoshop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Oops...see you already did
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Here you go. Helps owning an ad agency.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a quick fix for it:

Crap, my photo hosting resized it, IM me your email & I'll send it to you if you want it full sized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top