Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:18:04 PM EDT
Alright guys...I read and stay current on the board enough to know that alot of you in the IT field are taking some big hits right now. Well, my company has the exact opposite problem.

We have placed this ad on Careerbuilder.com  butI also wanted to post for the Arfcommers who may be looking for a change.

IM me for my personal email and check out the ad below.

Thanks

Kurt "good help is hard to find" Austin

Title:  Network Consultant Position

We are seeking a network administrator to work as a consultant. The ideal candidate should have approximately 2 or more years experience in network administration.
Our candidate must be able to work independently at client sites supporting networks, troubleshoot user problems, installing new servers and equipment, and communicating with the staff, managers and owners. The ideal skill set should include Microsoft Windows Server Platforms, Terminal Services, Exchange, Active Directory, VPN, hardware trouble shooting, virus protection, and network design. Our candidate will be provided a senior system administrator mentor to further develop technical and customer care skills. Customer service and reliability are our prime requirements. Microsoft certifications not a requirement but are a huge plus.
Benefits include Salary (based on on experience and qualifications), 401k, health insurance, 2 weeks vacation.
About our company:

Located in the Wausau Area, we are an  IT consulting company  that provides one-stop technology services to our clients. We specialize in developing complete IT solutions for the SMB market.

As an employee you must be passionate about technology, crave responsibility, and be eager to apply your knowledge to develop real solutions for our customers. Our company looks for a special type of individual; someone who is proactive, thrives on challenges, feeds off success, and looks for opportunities. You must enjoy working in a fast paced small company environment. If you are this type of individual, we would like to hear from you.

In your cover letter, we would encourage a brief scenario of a recent network implementation you have lead. Also, include salary history and expectations.

Assessment testing may be required during the hiring process

Send Resume and Cover letters to:
Human Resources
PO Box 41
Rothschild, WI 54474

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd sign up if it wasnt for all that Microsoft stuff..
Actually, I've administered and designed several MS based networks, but haven't fooled around too much with exchange and active directory. :/
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OH you're killin me!!

I know...but right now...Microsoft runs the world and until our indutries applications are ported to some other OS, here we sit.

What can you do?

KA
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys don't have to personally even be in the IT field...but if you know someone who is...pass our info along

Thanks

Kurt Austin
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OH you're killin me!!

I know...but right now...Microsoft runs the world and until our indutries applications are ported to some other OS, here we sit.

What can you do?

KA

WineX / Cedega / Wine etc..

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but you're in Wisconsin.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, but you're in Wisconsin.  

Hey..nothing is perfect...but we don't get Hurricanes

Besides...the hunting is great up here...if you don't mind the cold.

KA
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The ideal skill set should include Microsoft Windows Server Platforms...virus protection...

isn't that a contradiction?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a great job...and right up my alley.

Except that it's in Wisconsin.

Good luck with the hire, hope you can help an Arfcommer find a job!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The ideal skill set should include Microsoft Windows Server Platforms...virus protection...

isn't that a contradiction?

Under "Redundant...see redundant"
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
good luck. looks like a nice gig. I'd definetly be interested but I'm pretty pleased with my job as it stands
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Actually, I've administered and designed several MS based networks, but haven't fooled around too much with exchange and active directory. :/

Exchange isn't hard, it just requires some reading....

AD is just LDAP with some MS-isms.  You can manage it almost entirely via command-line stuff...I took an AD training course and still have the material; it's really not hard if you worked with NDS (welcome to 10 years ago) or LDAP (welcome to 15 years ago).

AD is just MS's spin on ancient enterprise authentication technology...not a big deal

(Oh, well, ok, it's LDAP with a Kerberos wrapper...)

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Kurt,

I'm going to send you my resume.

Currently Assistant Director of Techology responsible for a 1,200 PCs/20 servers/5,000 user network over 10 locations.

Setup and designed 5 locations during a rewiring program. Designed one location during construction. Manage a staff of 3 full time employees, and up to 6 part time employees over the summers.

Setup and mange a Windows Exchange 2003 server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 200 Server, Netware 5 and 6.5 servers.

Since our department is a grand total of 4 full time employees, I not only work on servers, but answer the helpdesk phone providing technical support. I also travel to our locations providing on site service - everything from fixing a network outage to replacing a users CD-ROM drive.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kurt,

I'm going to send you my resume.

Currently Assistant Director of Techology responsible for a 1,200 PCs/20 servers/5,000 user network over 10 locations.

Setup and designed 5 locations during a rewiring program. Designed one location during construction. Manage a staff of 3 full time employees, and up to 6 part time employees over the summers.

Setup and mange a Windows Exchange 2003 server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 200 Server, Netware 5 and 6.5 servers.

Since our department is a grand total of 4 full time employees, I not only work on servers, but answer the helpdesk phone providing technical support. I also travel to our locations providing on site service - everything from fixing a network outage to replacing a users CD-ROM drive.

Av.

You look like you have the right experience...I shot you an IM with my contact email and real name

Thanks

Kurt Austin
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
You're a good man Kurt Austin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#16]
tag for the guys at work right now
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd be interested, but my dream is to flat get-out of the IT business all together. I'm so sick of computers, servers and routers that I could puke. Ya got a blacksmith job available over there?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I have enough stress as it is in KY.   I'm not going to move to another state to amplify the problem.  

If i can't fix it, it gets a bullet to the head.  

<-------------------    avatar anyways
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top