Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 8:10:08 PM EST
The game ends with the triumphal hoisting of the commie flag over the Reichstag! That and all the whack Bertrand Russell anti-war quotes between levels. I found myself turning my PPSSH (sic) on my red comrades several times. Then again I routed for Rutger Hauer in Enemy at the Gates... I feel like taking it back!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:13:57 PM EST
I nearyl got it for $20 but I saved my money, havent been playing many games lately. I still got to finsih Doom 3 its been a week since I played it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:14:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By JackBurton:
The game ends with the triumphal hoisting of the commie flag over the Reichstag! That and all the whack Bertrand Russell anti-war quotes between levels. I found myself turning my PPSSH (sic) on my red comrades several times. Then again I routed for Rutger Hauer in Enemy at the Gates... I feel like taking it back!

Rutger Hauer was in Enemy at the Gates?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:14:07 PM EST
Isn`t it supposed to be historically accurate?

Were you expecting the zombies and mutants from Wolfenstein?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:21:27 PM EST
Rutger Hauer was in Enemy at the Gates? What are you talking about. Do you mean Ed Harris? Where was Rutger Hauer in the movie
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:25:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By mpearcex:
Where was Rutger Hauer in the movie

You didnt see him? He was playing one of the dead Russians.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:32:57 PM EST
So? We let the Russians take Berlin. It's historically correct. What's the problem?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:14:17 PM EST
Yep, accurate.

Get COD: United Offensive. Its the SHIT. Hell im making a new post about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:16:16 PM EST
I appreciate your patriotism, Jack Burton. And be safe on your up coming deployment.

Thank you for your service.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:44:04 PM EST
Ok was drinking a few beers when I started this thread. Yes I meant Ed Harris! I also understand that its historically accurate. I guess I just wanted to be AMERICAN all the way through the game. To me the Russians were no better than the Germans. Stalin was certainly worse than Hitler! I agree with Patton, we should have given the Wehrmact a few months to rest, re-tooled them and marched east!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:52:34 PM EST
The ending of Medal of Honor is worse. You end up in a caboose and the game ends.
Top Top