Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 6:29:30 PM EDT
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22366

California bill requires microchip for pets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR PAPERS, PLEASE …
'Dog tag' gets whole
new meaning
California bill requires microchip for pets, permits for animal sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Julie Foster
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Pet owners in California will soon be required to place a microchip in every dog and cat they sell, as well as obtain a permit for each animal to be sold, if a bill in the state legislature becomes law.

Senate Bill 236 by Sen. Jack O'Connell, D-Santa Barbara, would require anyone who wants to sell a dog or cat under 1-year-old to obtain a permit for an unspecified fee per animal from the local animal services agency. The permit would need to be obtained before advertising any such sale, and all ads would have to include the permit number.

Additionally, the bill provides that every time a dog or cat is sold in California, regardless of the animal's age, it must be "microchipped" and the owner's identification entered into a local or national registry. And every time ownership of the animal is transferred, the new owner's information must be reported to the registry. Local officials would be charged with maintaining records regarding the number and type of dogs and cats sold, and the records would be open to the public, excluding owner- and former owner-contact information.

The bill is sponsored by Richard McLellan, M.D., of the Animal Legislative Action Network, a political action committee that supports animal-rights proposals.

"When an animal is first sold from a breeder into a new home, there's usually a way of finding out who that original owner was. After that, if becomes much less easy to follow these animals," said McLellan about the microchipping requirement. "We identify all sorts of things in our society for a number of reasons. We put serial numbers on VCRs and toasters," but there is no permanent identification marker for pets. The bill would help create a paper or electronic trail for animals.

While the bill does not specify which manufacturer's microchips are to be used, one of the most recent of such devices to enter the market is Applied Digital Solutions' Digital Angel®. As reported by WorldNetDaily, Digital Angel® isn't just for pets. Unlike its microchip ancestors, which were intended for animal identification and location only, Digital Angel® is intended for human use and can monitor vital physical functions such as heart rate and body temperature. Microchips are implanted under the skin of the person or animal.

According to McLellan, pet microchipping is beneficial for a number of reasons. It would facilitate the finding of lost dogs and cats and can aid in determining whether an animal was involved in a vicious attack. McLellan said he would prefer external identification, such as collars and tags, but "there's very low compliance" with collar and registration requirements, he said. Also, people often lose dogs after giving the pet a bath, for which the collar and tags were removed. If microchipping were to occur when an animal is sold, the identification markers would be permanent.

McLellan asserts the bill is carefully crafted so that it is "not forcing anybody to do anything," He believes the bill is "in the be
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
What a load of crap.
These people obviously have too much time and money on their hands.

[red]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wait till they require "the chip" for all the newborn babies in the state...  It's for the missing children after all.

Can't happen...?  Just watch.

[:(!]

Link Posted: 4/14/2001 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
People next???????
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I always said the politicians are the ones that need damm chips!!!!

Or are they already implanted?
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Kinda gives new meaning to "Big Brother is watching you!" doesn't it? Resist this nonsense at all costs-call your Senators and Representatives and tell them to stop this nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I have a question.

What do you feed a microchip?
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Wonder if you will have to fill out a yellow form and have an 'instant check' if you go to the animal shelter.

It seems that it would be a whole lot easier to nuke California and just start over from scratch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]
California is way past any hint of freedom. How the hell are these people gonna continue with this ignorant line of thinking? Every way you turn the state or local government has their hand in something out there, yet it continues to turn into a shithole more & more every day. They have an agency for everything on earth, private citizens must be paying 2/3 of their gross income to pay for all this hogwash. When they are all working for the government who's gonna pay the taxes? If it's animals w/chips first, you can bet that humans arent 10 years away (or gun owners in 5).
An instant black market for pets will start up overnight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone want to buy some pre-ban black lab puppies?  They're super cute.  [:)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
As I see it the chip means we are entering the end time as prophesied in Revelation. First it will be the pets and next the people. I will never receive this Mark of the Beast because I love my Lord and anyone who would consider receiving  this Chip or Mark had better reconsider because anyone who does receive it will burn in the eternal fires of hell. What we need is to take action now and not wait until it is too late, but I am afraid that none of us have the courage to do what is necessary and this includes myself. As to what action is needed just watch the movie Terminator 2 and see how they solve the problem  by preventing the technology from ever being developed in the first place by going after the scientist. This technology should not be permitted to exist and the company that makes and markets Digital Angle is as evil as the companies that helped the Nazis in their evil work and are in fact doing the work of Satan.  

But even if we did everything we could to stop this from happening we would only fail since it has been prophesied in Revelation that some of the people would receive his mark and so it will be. But at least we will know what is happening so we can make the decision not to receive this chip regardless of the consequences because the consequences of receiving it are far greater.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#12]
People I don't want to get into a big religious argument here but this is predicted in the bible. Not on animals but on humans. It will be people next. It just makes sense to test it on animals to get the public comfortable and before you know it we try it on humans. In the book of revalation it says you wont be able to buy or sell without the number(of the beast/anti christ) on your right hand or forehead. Believe it or not! Read your bibles for the answer. Don't take my word for it. As a christian I see things happening in this world and the time is coming close. The 1 world leader is on his way. The return of christ will be 7 years after the 1 world leader is revealed. Unfortunately we don't know when the leader will be revealed. But it will be soon cause he impliments a number system just like the micro chip in the dog. Something to think about!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Look--even though it finally looks like the "mark of the Beast" is true, most of you are still gonna deny it--cause if it's true, then the things about sin and hell are true and you have to make a decision about those, as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top