Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:44:41 PM EDT
Can a military member transferred into California possess weapons that are banned under the CA AWB? I've been told that CA DOJ will grant an exemption to DOD members transferred to California, and I would be very interested if any of the California crowd could offer some factual clarification.

It could be a deal breaker over accepting a particular assignment.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:47:30 PM EDT
Ive heard this rumor myself. I just left my evil guns at Bragg as DLI was only 6 months. Yea it was BS but I got no help from the Arms room at DLI to store my POW's. Said they didnt have the space...............
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:48:28 PM EDT
I'm at Beale AFB and I carry the application packet with me everyday in my dayplanner.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:52:00 PM EDT
A lot of the guys that come out here to the team get the permit... I will call one of them tomorrow and get the contact address and phone number, IM me tomorrow afternoon west coast time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:53:44 PM EDT

what do ya do? what base yah headin to?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:06:30 PM EDT
AFAIK you can ask the DOJ for a permit to bring your weapon into CA. Try it, all they can do is say no. They may cooperate considering the likelihood of your eventually leaving the state..with the gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:57:15 PM EDT
Check out this link:

Kali thread

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:35:19 AM EDT
Yes. I had to call the CA DOJ's firearms division in person, and ask them to send me a form.

Top Top