Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/26/2003 1:45:26 AM EDT
I know the reg. period for the SB 23 is past over but what if a milatary gun is forced to move there? Is there a clause for them to register them? Or are they forced to sell what that have becuse a state is anti gun?


Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:37:13 PM EDT
This was asked and answered quite a while ago, and fortunately I copied it to my hard drive!
cryotech, I faced the same problem you are. My wife wanted me to get stationed back in California, but I have acquired a few toys that are banned here. I e-mailed the Attorney General of California and believe it or not, they have a Military Assault Weapons permit. They sent me the application and all the instructions. They want $75.00, a list of all assault weapons plus serial numbers, 2 sets of finger prints, and a copy of your orders. The permit gets renewed every year for free as long as you resubmit before the year is up and the weapons that you bring in must leave with you when you get stationed out of California. Most military people must not know about this because my permit number is very, very low! As far as high capacity mags, I'm not sure about them so I...didn't bring any. I probably own the only LEGAL SAR-1, Century Cetme, and Yugo 59/66 in California because they weren't sold until after they were banned in California. The place to write is: Department of Justice Firearms Licensing and Permits Unit-MAWP P.O. Box 820200 Sacremento, CA 94203-0200 or call them at (916) 227- 3274. Make sure you specify that you are active duty military. And just to be safe, a copy of my permit travels with all of my weapons. Good Luck. Scott [ Edited By SCOTTSW1 on 2/2/2003 11:32:52 PM ]
View Quote
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:15:04 PM EDT
What happens when you retire or separate here? Logic and emotion bring separate guesses. Logic says you need to dispose of them iaw the Law like a new resident, emotion says you ought to be able to keep them. Lifelong residence here says they maybe don't worry about it any more than any other naughty guns until you get caught with one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:20:15 AM EDT
I called Cali ATF and sent them a E mail this is my reply back. "Your friend is going to have to first move to California before he can get fingerprinted and wait the few weeks for the application to get approved. He'll have to write the California Department of Justice Firearms Division Sacramento, CA 94244 for an "Application for Permit to Posses and/or Transport Assault Weapons" form FD 4082. He'll list out the weapons by make, model, caliber and serial number, get fingerprinted and pay something like $80. The permit is good for one year and renewals are like $15. Paul Claxton EMCM(SW/AW) AFRTS-BC " so you can register it and when you want to get rid of it or move away you are free and clear. just cant sell to anyone in the Republic. MTHUNTER
Top Top