User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 8:06:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll get to brush up on your Spanish.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just returned from San Diego----the weather is beautiful and if you do not like the terrain where you are, drive an hour and be in another world. I started out one sunday in La Jolla on
the beach, I drove to Bear Creek mountain and was in the snow. Then I drove out to Joshua Tree
and 29 Palms...high and low desert...what a rush.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#4]
"Si"? We spell it sea but we call it the Pacific ocean but you've probably spent alot of time floating on top of it.

We welcome another patriot to the Peoples' Republic of Kalifornia.

Will you be here by Sept 15th?  If so perhaps you can make it this get together:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=31161#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Be sure to register to vote, and now we just need another 1 million+ voters to take back the state.

3 years of hell
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Riverside, eh? Ah, the Inland Empire. By the way, give my kindest regards to its emperor, whoever that may now be. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Laws to take into consideration:

You will be required to register every handgun with the Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis in Sacramento witin 60 days of moving here.  Cost is $14 per handgun.

Importation (i.e. moving here) of magazines with a capacity of >10 rounds is prohibited.  Can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.  If arrested, each magazine would constitute a single count.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Carne asada burritos.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Our sincere sympathies stop We feel your pain stop Post pics of the babes at earliest opportunity stop
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did I miss any other good things about southern California?
View Quote

Don't forget California is the land of: [b][size=2]Starbucks [/size=2], [size=3]more Starbucks [/size=3], [size=4] even more Starbucks [/size=4], [size=5]Starbucks are [u]EVERYWHERE[/u] in California!!![/size=5] [/b]

BUT too bad if you are like me, I don't even like Starbucks!   [:(]  

And of course, many California people see this as a good thing.     [rolleyes]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Paul,
Welcome back. If you need any help getting settled in, unpacking, ect let me know. We have found some places to shoot since you left. One spot is both closer and free (no adventure pass needed).
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]
as far as California goes, the inland empire is pretty conservative.  Don't fall asleep in your car though with a gun in your lap.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Geeezz Paul, maybe Leavenworth would be a better choice!  Doesn't sound all that different than prison anyway.  If you need a place to store your AR's I'd be happy to do it for free, I will even periodically test them for proper functioning.[;D]
guns762
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#17]
paul -

the best part about riverside aside from
1:  appalling heat and smog that compresses your brain
2:  gang bangers and human/trailer trash trolling the malls
3:  this wind that can almost blow you over at times.
4:  THE SMELL

it comes from near by farms i think - it just smells like SH!T.  cow poo as far as the nose can run.  but not always and you are an hour from palm springs....

not that all of riverside is like that - some parts are nice - but i find i have to hit the recirculate button on my a/c when driving thru!!

steve
ps welcome aside from that! oh the best part truley is that there are a few in'n out burgers in town.  that is v.v. cool
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
if you are going to enjoy the nice weather here you better vote
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]
its not riverside its rivertucky.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]
You will be required to register every handgun with the Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis in Sacramento witin 60 days of moving here. Cost is $14 per handgun.

Importation (i.e. moving here) of magazines with a capacity of >10 rounds is prohibited. Can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. If arrested, each magazine would constitute a single count.
View Quote

I don't know what you're talking about here.  Never heard of any of these laws.  Your pistols were bought out-of-state and are your own property unless they're on "the list".  Ditto the mags.  You can bring them here (you own them) but you cannot sell them to CA residents or buy more in CA.  Rich in CM, you must mean "future" laws.  You'll have to forget the FAL shooting as it's on the list.  Removing the pistol grip won't cut it.  Of course, these laws aren't enforce anyway, and were not meant to be unless "they" want to.  I've visited places in North Jersey that were a lot worse places to live in.  Proceed to your nearest HD dealer, we have a 365-day riding season!  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]
YOu also get to attend the so cal shoots at angeles range if you do ill let you shoot my ar but i have to nearby and sight to be legal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck to you.  My wife has some strange desire to go live in CA but she'll have to divorce me first!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You will be required to register every handgun with the Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis in Sacramento witin 60 days of moving here. Cost is $14 per handgun.

Importation (i.e. moving here) of magazines with a capacity of >10 rounds is prohibited. Can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. If arrested, each magazine would constitute a single count.
View Quote

I don't know what you're talking about here.  Never heard of any of these laws.  Your pistols were bought out-of-state and are your own property unless they're on "the list".  Ditto the mags.  You can bring them here (you own them) but you cannot sell them to CA residents or buy more in CA.  Rich in CM, you must mean "future" laws.  You'll have to forget the FAL shooting as it's on the list.  Removing the pistol grip won't cut it.  Of course, these laws aren't enforce anyway, and were not meant to be unless "they" want to.  I've visited places in North Jersey that were a lot worse places to live in.  Proceed to your nearest HD dealer, we have a 365-day riding season!  
View Quote

Correct me if i'm wrong but if your a RESIDENT (even if temporary) you have to register your handguns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Hope to see you at the 9-15-01 shoot. They`re will be plenty of things to tickle your fancy.
There is some good advice above.
I was thinking along the same lines about accessories and such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top