Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:25 PM EDT
I have been a street cop and detective for 20 years. In that time I have arrested 6 CDC prison guards for various crimes including domestic violence, dope, theft, DUI, and bad attitude coupled with warrants.

Thier ID says 'Peace Officer' and they get off on this beleiving they are cops, which they are not. They are prison guards. I see these clowns grocery shopping in uniform, driving POV's in uniform, banking in uniform, and generally strutting around outside prison, off duty, in uniform.

My wife is a CDC Parole Agent and she cannot even stand the CDC guards. She describes many of them as being mirror images of many inmates.

Now I know there are mostly some professional CDC officers, but it is the few of the 6 week academy graduates that ruin the reputation for all of CDC.

CDC guards should know thier place in the LE food chain!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:51:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Digbush:
I have been a street cop and detective for 20 years. In that time I have arrested 6 CDC prison guards for various crimes including domestic violence, dope, theft, DUI, and bad attitude coupled with warrants.

Thier ID says 'Peace Officer' and they get off on this beleiving they are cops, which they are not. They are prison guards. I see these clowns grocery shopping in uniform, driving POV's in uniform, banking in uniform, and generally strutting around outside prison, off duty, in uniform.

My wife is a CDC Parole Agent and she cannot even stand the CDC guards. She describes many of them as being mirror images of many inmates.

Now I know there are mostly some professional CDC officers, but it is the few of the 6 week academy graduates that ruin the reputation for all of CDC.

Get a life
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:47:17 AM EDT
For my edification would you mind explaining your view of "their place in the LE food chain"?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:52:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sink156:
For my edification would you mind explaining your view of "their place in the LE food chain"?

What he said...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:55:19 AM EDT

Thier ID says 'Peace Officer' and they get off on this beleiving they are cops, which they are not. IF THEY WERE, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ARRESTED They are prison guards. I see these clowns grocery shopping in uniform, driving POV's in uniform, banking in uniform, and generally strutting around outside prison, off duty, in uniform.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:08:14 AM EDT
The last thing I would want to do is piss in your cornflakes anymore than someone obviously has, but... I've been a Federal Corrections officer for 16+ years, the US Department of Justice certainly thinks I'm law enforcement, and during this time period, I've seen a LOT more than six "real" cops locked up in this prison. A LOT more. I sincerely hope your punk ass never gets locked up or that you're forced to re-assess the LE food chain. ColtM4 said it nicer than I would have.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:51:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:55:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NorCal_LEO:

That is pretty disrespectful.

I think you are going to be in for a rough ride on this thread.

Considering the context of this thread

Just don't post any picks I see enough assholes at work.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:27:46 AM EDT
YOU are not above everyone else and I'm sure if you were required to enter a prison every c/o would suddenly become your best friend I've said before that corrections is the red headed stepchild of law enforcement this arragant post just proves it. And in five years in corrections I've seen more than five ex police in the prison system for many different offenses.Careful you may someday find yourself there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:21:16 PM EDT
Ok I will give you CO's this, your job is thankless and can be dangerous because of internal threats. But don't tell me your a COP! You don't write search warrants, you don't respond to field calls for service, youi don't do tactical entry, you don't work street gang details, you don't hunt fugitives, you don't remove abused kids from drug houses, you don't make DUI arrests, you don't repell from helicopters, ALL because it is not your job description, yet your unions constantly whine for more money, more than most real cops make!

So stop wearing your rags in the grocery store and in your POV's! Oh! and to the bad ones, stop bringing cell phones and drugs into the prisons for the inmates!

For the good pro's, all the more power to yah! Your surely needed!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:12:49 PM EDT
Im not sure making DUI arrests is the end-all of law enforcement. But they do make tactical entries. They do investigate gangs in prisons.

And how often do you repell from helos? Or any other officer for that matter. I'm betting of all the LEO's in my county, less than 5% have done that as a part of the job.

And you don't do the shitty work they do becuase it's not in your job description.

And don't trip on yourself with that last little bit of backtracking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:28:09 PM EDT
.....I resent Government employees.....as they are all paid much more than I make, earn retirement benefits, and have full medical coverage for themselves.

I make very little money, have no retirement other than a sorry ass 401k/IRA, and have high premiums along with a high deductible for health insurance.

Whether or not, LEO's, and CO's do put up with a lot of crap, and think its all well deserved. That's certainly a career I could not do myself....my hats off to both agencies!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 10:37:51 PM EDT by Dusty_C]

Ok I will give you CO's this, your job is thankless and can be dangerous because of internal threats. But don't tell me your a COP! You don't write search warrants, you don't respond to field calls for service, youi don't do tactical entry, you don't work street gang details, you don't hunt fugitives, you don't remove abused kids from drug houses, you don't make DUI arrests, you don't repell from helicopters, ALL because it is not your job description, yet your unions constantly whine for more money, more than most real cops make!

So stop wearing your rags in the grocery store and in your POV's! Oh! and to the bad ones, stop bringing cell phones and drugs into the prisons for the inmates!

For the good pro's, all the more power to yah! Your surely needed!

I've done all that stuff in red jackass and I'm in fire. Rapelling from helicopters huh? Mr Ranger boy, I did that in ROTC at 17, I've gotten off a few into wildfires over 10k acres. I've been in the stack on several occaisons praying I didn't have to use my gear on any REAL COPS. Let me assure you, with your attitude, your a fucking troll. ANY REAL COP would kick the shit out of your 15 year old wanna be ass in about 12 seconds.

ETA, with your spelling, if you were a real street cop you'd have to pay someone to write all your reports or there'd be no way you'd ever have time to make it to the street.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:28:23 AM EDT
Am I the only one here who is thinking that it is really unprofessional to bash other LE agencies? Dude, if you have a problem, be constructive about it, otherwise keep your bitching to yourself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:42:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 5:42:17 AM EDT by Striker]
this thread is done.
Top Top