Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 9:48:05 AM EDT
You decide if the data was interpreted to generate faked news.  The reason why I suspect it's been faked is that San Francisco is on the list.  Now, if you lived in SF or the bay area, you would know that the delta is the vacuum for rising hot air in the central valley.  The nozzle is SF, and it generates wind constantly.  That wind pushes pollution into the centra valley.  

I definitely belive Bakersfield and Vasalia due to the above, but not SF being in the list. SF does have a pollution problem, but it is not air.  It's polluted with thoughtless liberalism and politics as a result.

It's a good bet the American Lung Association picked California to top the list because Moonbeam and the rest of his ilk in Sacramento are sympathec regardless of them slowly killing Cal's economy.  The American Lung Association is just chasing money.  In this case, state grants through lobbying.

California Again Leads the List with 6 of the 10 Most Polluted Cities
USA Today

California's smoggy reputation appears to be deserved: Six of the USA's 10 cities with the worst air pollution are in the Golden State, according to a new report.Bakersfield, Calif., again holds the dubious distinction of having the USA's most days of highly polluted air, based on data from 2013-2015, the American Lung Association’s annual “State of the Air” report released Wednesday found.

In addition to the worst spikes of short-term pollution — led by Bakersfield — the report also lists the cities with the worst overall year-round pollution — led by Visala/Hanford, Calif.— and the worst ozone pollution, led by the Los Angeles/Long Beach area.California's soaring population and topography allow air pollution to overcome the state's strict environmental laws, said Paul Billings of the American Lung Association.

The boom in people brings with it an increase in cars and trucks on the roads, and many of those people live in valley and basins, right where pollution tends to settle....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it. Their terrain traps smog and such like a bowel as I understand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
San Franciso is not a bowl but a hill on a pennisula right in front of a vacuum nozzle.  The bowl is the central valley and those cities are believeable to be on this list.

But you are right, San Francisco is a bowel.... like in bowel movement!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Trump is right again,

Its their pollution blanketing us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bakersfield, the bowels of California.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it has to do with the sheer number of people in CA. Current estimates put it at 40 million, but I am thinking it to be more like 45-50 million. That is a shit ton of pollution being generated! The amount of cars, planes and ships producing exhaust on a daily basis is mind boggling!

This will just push the Commies that run the CA Legislature to go to a even higher level of full retard. They will push for zero emission auto laws even faster.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
All the smoggy areas are surrounded by a mtn range that prevents the exhaust fumes from being blown out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Lived here my whole life. The air has never been cleaner. Its all about control.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lived here my whole life. The air has never been cleaner. Its all about control.
View Quote
True.   Better than decades ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Current San Francisco air quality is 13 on PM 2.5, which is remarkably good.  It's windy as fuck up here in Alaska, and we're only at 17 on PM 2.5.  Granted, we're in a bowl valley.  I've personally seen upward of 450 one summer during the wildfire season.  Gotta say, the lighting for photography was fantastic.  Super soft with warm tones. 

0-50 is good
51-100 moderate
101-150 unhealthy for sensitive groups
151-200 unhealthy
201-300 very unhealthy
301-500 hazardous
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
The whole story ignores the fact that the bar is moving.  A lot of pollution 20 years ago is a different standard than a lot of pollution this year . . Commonly done with agenda driven stories.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#11]
USA Today?  Fake news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top