Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:01:51 PM EDT
If anyone here has example cadet command STX lanes OPORDs available and can email them to me or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  I am working to help develop some MSIIIs tomorrow and the binders of this stuff have been 'disappeared' in the past week.  
Of particular value would be squad attack, recon, and KO a bunker.

...ya know...the 'Caquetan Army 81st rifle regiment' ones.

Thanks much,

Lokt

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
How can you have an OPORD before you've received the mission?
I mean you can have a template prepared with all 5 paragraphs ready to be filled in as information comes in.  Then when you've gotten the mission, done your backward time planning  given out your WARNO, you can start fleshing out the missing paragraphs(following the 1/3-2/3 rule of time management).
As far as the specific missions, most of them would be covered in FM 7-8, and hopefully your guys have been doing those basic drills and established unit SOPs so that you don't have to waste time teaching them, but you can still conduct quick rehearsals so everyone knows exactly what they're doing and when.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
llanero - these are the prewritten, standardized OPORDs that I deliver to the cadet who is being evaluated on that lane.  He prepares his own OPORD for his squad from what I issue to him by the same method that you listed.

Edit to add: these missions are simply slight variations on the basic battle drills from the 7-8.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How can you have an OPORD before you've received the mission?
I mean you can have a template prepared with all 5 paragraphs ready to be filled in as information comes in.  Then when you've gotten the mission, done your backward time planning  given out your WARNO, you can start fleshing out the missing paragraphs(following the 1/3-2/3 rule of time management).
As far as the specific missions, most of them would be covered in FM 7-8, and hopefully your guys have been doing those basic drills and established unit SOPs so that you don't have to waste time teaching them, but you can still conduct quick rehearsals so everyone knows exactly what they're doing and when.

That's what he's talking about.  He needs something already premade that has the mission and situation already there.  Plus stuff for attachments and detachments.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what he's talking about.  He needs something already premade that has the mission and situation already there.  Plus stuff for attachments and detachments.

I need the pre-made OPORD in order to deliver it to the cadet who is being evaluated.  All STX OPORDs are standardized so that each cadet receives an order from the T/E that is in a similar format.  The only changes are the mission and the resulting variation on the situation and execution paragraphs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it.
It's been a looooong day!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
a bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yeah...yeah...  you seaman types wouldn't understand.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#11]
MS IV checking in, I can probably dig some up somewhere.  When do you need it by?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#12]
NLT 1500...

preferably squad attack, mvmt to contact, KO a bunker type missions.

Thanks much
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah...yeah...  you seaman types wouldn't understand.  

Pet peeve of mine: In Star Trek, the students at the Academy are cadets.

They're MIDSHIPMEN, damn it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea, just the lowly S4, but i'll give their CO a call and see what if we have anything thats digitized
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]
WELL,

Did you get them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#17]

yes.  between the stuff i got emailed and the stuff I wrote, i got them.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

yes.  between the stuff i got emailed and the stuff I wrote, i got them.

?

Was that directed at me or is that what happened during the evaluation?

Cadet 3 lokt

Edit.  Don't use iron sights to shoot a scoped Garand right handed from sitting.
I looked like this for a minute: then it turned to this  Now it's getting better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top