Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 5:19:37 PM EDT
Got my pics scanned in from that tent I bought.

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent1.jpg[/img]

Here is a good shot that will let you see the size of the thing

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent2.jpg[/img]

Another View of the outside

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent3.jpg[/img]

A view of the inside. On the floor notice the zip-out panel for the stove.

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent4.jpg[/img]

Inside view from the opposite side

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent5.jpg[/img]

Here is a shot of the built in shelves and cup holders. Kind of handy.

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent6.jpg[/img]

The stakes and ropes that come with the thing are pretty good. Not any of those real cheesy stakes that bend easy.

I would reccomend it to anyone who needs a larger tent.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Aviator, how large is it when packed up and what does it weigh ?
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
... How much that sucka weigh? How long to erect?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
imho, those tent stakes that look like long nails are the best for the price (in spite of their origin and low cost)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
According to Cabelas:

Weights: 9.5 x 9.5 - Tent body 21 lbs.; poles 20 lbs.; stakes 13 lbs.
12 x 12 - Tent body 31 lbs.; poles 23 lbs.; stakes 13 lbs.

I have the 12x12 size. When in the bag, its about the size of an army duffel bag, but only half the size around. It will fit fine in the back of my Jeep Wrangler.

When I set it up, it was the first time even seeing it. I was by myself and had it up in about 20-30 minutes. I imagine I could do it in 15 or less now that I am not having to read the directions.

If any of you have any questions about it ask away. Would make a great tent for the BRC  [:D]For more info here is the info on it at Cabelas:
[url]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0005884&navAction=push&navCount=4&indexId=cat20105&parentId=cat20105&parentType=index[/url]

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
imho, those tent stakes that look like long nails are the best for the price (in spite of their origin and low cost)
View Quote

I like those type also, but they dont have enough "ass" to stick in wet ground I have found. The pic does not do these much justice. They are very solid. I'd say at least 1/4 inch thick.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
HMMMM.... Just need TV and satellite dish.

Quoted:
Got my pics scanned in from that tent I bought.

[img]www.milpubs.com/tent1.jpg[/img]

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Where to begin, this guy packs more shit than most of the military.  Does this mean you will need more desks?  I thought I was walking into the forward HQ's when I saw his "esentials" in his tent.  Very neat and orderly but, man where's the fun.  Did you get a trailer to haul it in?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Not yet  [:D]  I am looking for a surplus 1/4 ton military trailer. I am running out of room in, on and around the jeep when I go dredging.
[img]www.milpubs.com/jeepdredge.jpg[/img]
I think with a trailer like that I could even take my cooler!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top