Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2002 1:47:53 PM EDT
Just got one of these this weekend.

[img]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/00/58/84/p005884hz01.jpg[/img]

From Cabelas. Very nice. Just got done setting it up. Took me about 1/2 hour by myself. Not bad for a first time. With two people it could be up in less than 15 minutes I think. Built well, tons of room inside and lots of neat features. I'll be using it mostly for mining and dredging trips, but for hunting or family camping trips I can't think of anything better. More info on thier website..

[url]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0005884&navAction=push&navCount=2&indexId=cat20105&parentId=cat20105&parentType=index[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool tent. Be sure to get one of these for the tent-warming party: [url] http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jhtml;jsessionid=QKH3CP2UCZRAGCWQNVDSFEYK0BWUKIV0?id=0005934&navAction=jump [/url]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one in a two story version!

CJ

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/stupid.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
will it make its public debute at the BRC ???
View Quote

Yes, I belive it will  [:D]

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
looks great, how many rooms does it come with.
It's bigger than my cracker box. Happy camping.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
About 5 years ago I tried to buy one of their tents.  Since I only live about 120 miles from their headquarters, I called them and ask.  Do you have the tent in stock I am looking to buy?  Yep we got plenty was the reply.   Are you sure?  I don't want to drive 120 miles one way and have it be out of stock. Yep, we got em, no problem.   This by the way was just a couple months before we were leaving for our first elk hunt.    Guess what, I arrived, asked for a tent.  We don't have that in stock.  I was pissed.  Then the manager of the section was advised of my situation.  Well how about  an upgrade to the next larger tent  for a discounted price or the same price since I called ahead.  Nope can't do it.  I was not a happy camper, by the way I let them know it too.  I left the store and didn't buy anything from the SOB's for 3 years.  Of course, now I have forgiven them,( sort of)  I don't drive there for anything special, but I also don't brag on their customer service like I used to.  Their equipment is good, but their size is so big now they don't really care if the piss off a few customers with poor service.  

Sorry for the rant, again, you probably got a darn good tent, but when I start talking camping- "tents" it still pisses me off.  probably shorten my life.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What, no pics of YOUR particular tent?! I keep drooling over that one, myself. If and when I get the money, I'll have me one of those!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It is still up. I am doing some cold weather testing to see what it will take to heat it. I'll get some pics tomorrow or the next day and post em.

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I'm very interested in what it'll take to heat it to a more or less comfortable temp.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, for the hell of it I tried one of those Coleman Black Cat heaters. No dice there. It did OK in my old 14'x9' dome tent, but this thing is just too big. I am thinking a kerosene heater would do just fine, or maybe several of the black cat heaters. That is starting to get pretty expensive though. It is pretty cold here right now. dropped into the 20s after the sun went down. The problem may be that the ventilation is just too good. There are vents on two sides at about 3' and two covered vents up at the very top. I think the heat is all just jetting right out. I'll keep you updated.

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had nothing but good things to say about them and thier products ive never bought a tent from them but I have bought a B-Square roto tilt bi pod an elk cart and a bone sawfrom them and a set of camo sheets all of which have been good. my family has bought lots of other stuuf from them. For a Stove try a Elkhorn Tent stove
they are square and make alot of heat and =hold up well they work best with a roof vent. Don't but one of the cylinder stoves. A friend I hunt with bought one (not through cabelas but its the same) I froze my ass off in that tent for a week the only way to get heat out of it was to have it wide open but it did hold a fire all night and you can stick some reallly long wood in it. Ive only been in traditional wall tents and have never seen those I hope it works for ya
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice. Do they come with that chimney? What kind of stove can you put in it? Maybe a cooking and heating combo.
That tent looks nice enough to make me want to camp again.
Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Stove and pipes are the next purchase I think. Probably going to get this model..

[img]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/00/58/78/p005878hz01.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive never seen those stoves anywhere but in cabelas. they look a little thin to me but maby your going for light weight then maby thats what you want. Ive also heard that water tanks on the sides of stoves like that cause hot spots on the stove. because of  the differnce in temp shortening the life of the stove
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for that info Oregon. I'll check into all that. i got pics of my tenet, just need to scan them now. Will try and do it in the next couple days.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top