Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 11:15:48 AM EDT
I'm surfing the Cabela's online catalogue and was looking at the gun magazines. Whilst bitching to myself about their only having 5 and 10-rnd single-stack AK magazines, I noticed they had CZ-75B magazines listed for sale. I looked and saw two different capacity magazines available- 15-rnd and 30-rnd. Both for $20.

Now this is seriously awesome. I've never heard of 30-rnd magazines for the CZ-75B. Screw Glock, now I am DEFINITELY a CZ man. They feel perfect in my hand (perfectly balanced, excellent grip, everything about these pistols just feels right), they have extremely good reputations as being accurate, reliable, and durable firearms, and they're actually affordable compared to all the other handguns I want. And now they have fricking 30-rnd magazines for sale. So long Glock and the horse you rode in on! If I need HIGH capacity pistols, I'm going with a CZ!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
And yet another reason to kick myself for not buying a CZ-75 when I had the chance.

Time to start stashing a few bucks away.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I just gotta save up for a CZ-75B, a couple of these magazines, and some 9mm ammo. Hopefully I can afford it all once I've got my CZ-52 and Bulgarian Makarov.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
probably promag. I got some promag 32 rounders for my XD9, and while they are cool, I don't think I would bet my life on a Promag.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes me love my SP-01 even more......
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm wonder if one of those would work in my BabyEagle.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If these are MecGear, I'm all over them. If they are ProMag, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Last I checked, Baby Eagle/Jericho magazines and CZ magazines are not interchangable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had good luck with ProMag.  I know lots of people badmouth them and have had bad experience.  I've had good luck with a few magazines I have gotten from them.

I have a 15 round ProMag magazine for my CZ75b right now.  I haven't shot it yet, but it seats and ejects just fine.   I have not test fired with it.  I would DEFINITELY test fire ANY magazine that I were going to TRUST MY LIFE TO.  Regardless of it's manufacture.

As far as the ProMag naysayers, wait until someone posts a review of the new products they are putting out before badmouthing them too much (I'm not saying anyone here has badmouthed them).  Of course, you are always free to choose what brand products you use/don't use.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I checked, Baby Eagle/Jericho magazines and CZ magazines are not interchangable.

Couple guys in other threads said they are using CZ mnags in baby eagles(fullsize guns) with no issues. The BabyEagle is a CZ clone so it might. EAA witness is a clone as well and those mags work great in the baby eagle.... only one way to find out.

Oh and the mags at cabelas are Triple K brand mags, don't know shit about them other then that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Now, Triple K, I have experience with... IIRC... I picked up a 15 rd Beretta 92 mag.  The back of the magazine where it is welded was not lined up correctly, it was probably 1-2mm off!  It fed well, but would not drop free of the pistol.  

I'd probably stay away from Triple K myself.  

Beer, I'm sorry to hear about the 15 rounders you have not working well... the one I have looks great... I just have to go test it to see if it feeds worth a darn!   Do yours have the stepped plastic base?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i have 2 promag 15rnd mags. niether feed worth a shit. both cause stove pipes and multiple feeds in the gun. YMMV.

Wonder if better springs would remedy that?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have had good luck with ProMag.  I know lots of people badmouth them and have had bad experience.  I've had good luck with a few magazines I have gotten from them.

I have a 15 round ProMag magazine for my CZ75b right now.  I haven't shot it yet, but it seats and ejects just fine.   I have not test fired with it.  I would DEFINITELY test fire ANY magazine that I were going to TRUST MY LIFE TO.  Regardless of it's manufacture.

As far as the ProMag naysayers, wait until someone posts a review of the new products they are putting out before badmouthing them too much (I'm not saying anyone here has badmouthed them).  Of course, you are always free to choose what brand products you use/don't use.  

Well to fair have not tried it yet, but heard Promags springs are weak.
Was thinking about trying to fit Glock 32 round mag springs to it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I think mag springs are the culprit of most pro-mag mags. Still, OEM mags are too cheap right now to try to save a buck or three.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I had an old ProMag for my CZ. I took out the follower from my 10 rnder and used it. So far no problems at the range. Though its my range mag only.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Only Glocks high capacity mags can be trusted. Too bad CZs do not use Glock mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Only Glocks high capacity mags can be trusted. Too bad CZs do not use Glock mags.

If they did, they'd probably have to have that funky grip angle...that would mess it all up!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'd probably stay away from Triple K myself.  

Triple K are the worst mags that I have ever had in my possesion.  Just poorly made with cheap materials.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they did, they'd probably have to have that funky grip angle...that would mess it all up!

Yeah, Glocks just feel weird. CZ's, on the other hand, feel like they're made with me in mind. Everything about them just fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Glocks just feel weird. CZ's, on the other hand, feel like they're made with me in mind. Everything about them just fits perfectly.

I feel that way about Sigs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top