Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 7:55:24 PM EDT
I was at the fun store yesterday and saw a CZ 9mm for $415.  It looked pretty sweet.  Any opinions on the quality of CZ and is the price good.....I can't remmeber the exact model though but it looks similar to a Berretta m92
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a CZ 75B. Excellent gun; probably the best value in a current production hicap 9mm. Factory mags can be had for ~$35, aftermarket ProMag or MecGar, both of which work, can be had for 1/2 that.

It can be carried cocked and locked, or hammer down, DA first shot. Ergonomics are excellent. Generally very accurate out of the box.  They can usually be found for less than $400. I bough one a couple of months back for $380 out the door.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the-75 was my first, and last high cap 9X19. I've looked at others..The only one that caused me to waver was the Glock 17, from a sheer functionality standpoint..But I stuck with the CZ, and have'nt been dissatisfied.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it.  I personally think it is best kept secret in the pistol world.  It has an all steel frame, unlike Baretta & Sig's aluminum ones, which should last a lifetime. There are lots of different acessories. I think $415 is a bit steep.  Check around some more.  I have seen some here in South. Calif for around $325 pre-WTC/Pentagon attack 9/11/01.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
absolutely.

the PCR 9mm is my carry choice and second in the collection only to the P228.

Zaz
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
$415 is a little steep, but CZ's are great guns.  I own two of them, a CZ75B and a PreB CZ85.  I would recommend the 85 Combat over the CZ75B.  Their Polymer finish holds up well too and looks good, so dose their Satin Nickel.  I would not recommend their Glossy Blue though; the finish came off almost completely on the strap of the pistol grip on my CZ75 in about 3 months.  There customer service is excellent, they replaced my old CZ75B for another free of charge because of the finish problem.
Go to [url]www.czforum.com[/url] lots of helpful information there.
- Dustin
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Do they offer the same model in .40 or .45?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
yes they have .40 and .45

http://czusa.com/
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
CZ is a great gun, i remember people paying up to 1000 for them back in the 80's.  415 is a bit steep I have to agree.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get it.  I personally think it is best kept secret in the pistol world.  It has an all steel frame, unlike Baretta & Sig's aluminum ones, which should last a lifetime.
View Quote

First of all, I plan to get a CZ 75B.  I would expect the frame on my Beretta to last my lifetime though, at least.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get it.  I personally think it is best kept secret in the pistol world.  It has an all steel frame, unlike Baretta & Sig's aluminum ones, which should last a lifetime.
View Quote

First of all, I plan to get a CZ 75B.  I would expect the frame on my Beretta to last my lifetime though, at least.
View Quote

I have "heard" that some of Sig's alum. frame were cracking under heavy 40 loads. The Barretta have a lock lug breaking problem. My local indoor range used to have a 1 gal mayonaise jar full of cracked locking blocks. The CZs suffer from none of those maladies. Of course if you crack a frame from in non-commercial use the manufacturer will usually replace it with one that is the same serial number.

OT: I really like my CZ75B, but it has a rather tight chamber so I'm unable to shoot my 9mm reloads thru it. Factory works just fine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got to take mine to the range for the first time. What a JOY!

Got mine from The Dealer Warehouse (209 545-2800) for $309.95 plus $10 shipping. Came with case, one hi-cap and one regular mag, loader and cleaning brush. For once I found a deal! I think they may have some left. Phone 'em.

I also bought two hi-cap mags for $35 each from someone on Assultweb.net.

I do love my CZ!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a CZ-75B as well.  I've found it fast becoming my favorite gun.  I own Sigs, HK, yada, yada, yada.  I like it so much because it's similar in handling to the Browning HP.  I like the steel frame.  I like the safety system of cocked-and-locked, or traditional DA/SA.  The controls are all in the right place and all work the right way for me.  The DA pull is quite smooth and reletively light.  The sights are easy to see, and quick to use.  There is very little muzzle flip/felt recoil.  

Back when you couldn't get them, people would pay an arm and a leg for them and be proud to do it.  It's the only DA 9mm that I've heard Jeff Cooper write good things about.  

It's a well made gun, from a well respected firearms company.  I think I payed something like $370 for mine out the door, after all the taxes, etc.

Ross
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Good handgun, $339.00 retail locally.

The .45 CZ is the 97B, I really like mine. A bit more expensive though. Around $475.00-$500.00 before tax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top