Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 10:22:22 PM EDT
I was seriously thinking about getting one of these guns. It was either going to be the CZ75B or a Beretta Elite 2. I have a Beretta 92FS, so I kinda wanted something different. I hear that the CZ's are extreamly accurate. Anyone with first hand experience?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
in general the cz-75 is similar to a hi-power, both in reliablity and accuracy. i own both and i like the cz-75 more because of its more comfortable grip and higher capacity mag. i used to own a berrata 92F. my cz-75 shot circles around it. be wary of later military cz's and cz's with the baked on enamel finish. the current cz-75's from CZUSA are pretty nice with a decent finish. CDNN carries high-caps that cost about the same as beretta mags.(35-40 bucks)

[pistol]

CZ loving lib
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to know, check the CZ Forum at:
[url]http://www.unitedforums.com/cgi-bin/czfcgi//Ultimate.cgi[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, most of hype about CZ-75's are generated back in the days when you can't import them. and there are only a few to go around. Ever since the fall of Berlin Wall and the collapse of Soviet Union, the supply has gotten a lot better. Heck, Czech Republic is now a member of NATO, who would imagine that 20 years ago. Back to the gun, if you want a CZ-75, get a Sphinx. The Sphinx is a license produced version of the CZ-75 made in Switzerland, the fit and finish is way superior to the CZ model and you can't go wrong with the Swiss worksmanship.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know about the current crop. Back when they were exotic imports, friend let me shoot one. It was accurate, but not world class. Thing I liked most about it was the glass smooth DA trigger pull, like a well used Smith & Wesson (before that marque became anethma)...
Couldn't believe that a DA semi was that smooth and he swore that it was out of the box...whether he was ferret-legging me or things have changed, well, you'll just have to find out for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
My brother bought a CZ75B a year ago. He is very satisfied with it. It is very reliable, the finish is good and the results on the target are not much worser than the ones I shoot with my Sig. It doesn't have a decocking lever but that is no problem - you can easy decock it with your thumb. And you can wear it cocked and locked! Buy one!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top