Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:30:02 PM EDT
MANCHESTER -- The Democrats have invited U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman or his designee to the Democratic town committee meeting Tuesday night where they will discuss a resolution reprimanding Lieberman for his stance on the war in Iraq.

District 7 Chairman Joseph Rafala suggested a resolution on Lieberman's stance at a previous committee meeting, but the issue was tabled.

The resolution says Lieberman "is acting more like a Republican than a Democrat, that he's embracing Bush's war and he's not what the Connecticut voters voted him in for," said Rafala, adding that Lieberman is taking his own path rather than that of his constituents.

"He should stick with his Democratic colleagues," Rafala said.

Lieberman has received a lot of criticism in recent months because he insists the Iraq war can and must be won. Democrats are frustrated that Lieberman counsels bipartisanship on the war issue and the senator says that Democrats who don't trust the president undermine the president's credibility. Lieberman has been the target of angry letters and petition drives because of his statements on the war.

A request for an interview with Lieberman or a representative was not returned.

"In my years of politicking, and you must know I've been at it for some 60 some-odd years, I've never seen a Democrat go so far off field," Rafala said. "...I've seen some people make a comment here or there, but when push came to shove, they were on the same team."

Ted Cummings Sr., Democratic town committee chairman, said he's spoken with a Lieberman representative, but doesn't know if anyone will attend the meeting.

"I think it's one of the still-great things about this country, that such an issue, an issue of such significance, can be discussed and debated openly, especially when it is an issue taken by a U.S. senator from Connecticut," Cummings said.

The Democratic town committee meeting is open to the public and is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the hearing room at Lincoln Center.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Never cared for Him nor Al "BoreMe" Gore really.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
So a town of 30,000 demands that a senator who represents over 3 million people show or they will pass a resolution that doesn't mean anything.

Oh noes!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]

"In my years of politicking, and you must know I've been at it for some 60 some-odd years, I've never seen a Democrat go so far off field," Rafala said. "...I've seen some people make a comment here or there, but when push came to shove, they were on the same team."

That is an incredibly damning statement… and they don’t even have a clue it is.

WTF about putting the America team first and not politics for once you mindless drone POS
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
More proof.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]

The resolution says Lieberman "is acting more like a Republican than a Democrat, that he's embracing Bush's war

That almost sounds like a campaign endorsement.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL...........I think Lieberman is free to feel any way he wants, regardless of their wishes
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh the inhumanity of it all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Lieberman should become a Republican.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop!  Or we will fax another strongly worded letter to your office.

G
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure Sen. Lieberman is in his office right now trying desperately to muster up a give-a-fuck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not with his stance on gun control......
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Exactly  , one of the only Dems that ever makes any sense and they think he's out of step . Pretty much says it all .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are other anti-gun Republicans, particularly in the Senate.  The Northeast is lousy with them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are other anti-gun Republicans, particularly in the Senate.  The Northeast is lousy with them.

Very true. Which is why I don't live or vote in the N.E.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#15]
The irony is that the incumbent Lieberman beat to win his seat was a RINO the Republicans were sick of re-electing, only to see him vote with Democrats in Washington.  So the Republicans, led by CT resident William F. Buckley, found Joe Lieberman and said "Look: Run for senate and you'll see Republicans vote across party lines for you.  We hate your opponent."  Lieberman did, and he won.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about we trade them even for Lincoln Chafee.

Lieberman despite his anti-gun record is a lot more conservative on fiscal issues that a lot of Republicans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I see a comunity that is going to lose out on some highway funds soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top