Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/17/2004 10:48:41 PM EST

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004481067,00.html

Phone rat shows dingaling

By JOHN COLES

STUNNED Rosie Godfrey rang a helpline about her new camera phone — and a customer services man sent four snaps of his WILLY.

The pictures showed the pervert — who also sent a snap of his grinning face — in an aroused state.

Hairdresser Rosie, 21, said last night: “I felt really sick and upset when the pictures came through.

“I did nothing to encourage him. The pictures came out of the blue.”

Rosie phoned the Orange helpline when she could not get her Samsung E700 phone to take pictures.

She was put through to Mark Tomlins in customer services — and he said he would send her a picture of himself to test her phone.

After a snap of his face emerged, Mark rang Rosie, of Calne, Wilts, and said: “It’s your turn to send me a picture — send me something nice.”

Rosie sent a picture of her dog then tried to get off the line — but says Mark stopped her hanging up. She said: “He asked me if I’d sent rude pictures before and said ‘You can tell me, I’m open-minded’.”

Worried Rosie hung up, but later received a text message from Mark saying: “Sending something to go with the other pic u received.”

The four identical obscene photos then flashed up on her phone.

Rosie immediately complained to Orange. The firm later sacked Mark, 31, from their Plymouth call centre.

They alerted police who plan to question him.

An Orange spokeswoman said: “We have apologised unreservedly for the distress.”
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:52:19 PM EST

Kinda like a gun just "going off" on it's own, huh? There isn't any possibility that she opened the pictures all by herself, is there?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:53:24 PM EST
What am asshat, I bet he is going to have a hard time finding a new job.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:54:12 PM EST
I wouldnt do that, when working phone support I had some people who were stupid to the point I wanted to suggest they go do shots of Draino though,

I has one person who would call a few times a week and only want to talk to me, and would raise hell until he could.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:11:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By leelaw:

Kinda like a gun just "going off" on it's own, huh? There isn't any possibility that she opened the pictures all by herself, is there?

Different phone system

'Over there', IIRC, you can send pics similar to a text message -> they just 'pop up' onscreen when recieved...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:20:53 PM EST
Top Top