Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2002 7:15:03 AM EDT
I've got a problem, even though wrestling was on last night, can you believe it, I turned to CSI (Crime Scene Investigations) and now I'm hooked. I can't get enough. The analytical facts solving a crime are border line realistic but keep's your intrest. Although that Kim Delaney does spark an burning sensation..beautiful woman with a big gun. Does anyone else have this problem??

"The last answer to this question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog???[/qoute]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked it when it first came out, very real (mostly) investigation techniques used with only some Hollywooding.  Watched the new Miami one and didn't really care for it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Sucked when it first came out...
still sucks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Girlfriend and I watch WWE & CSI Miami, we just tape CSI and watch it on Tuesday, then tape NYPD Blue and watch that on Wednesday.
I love CSI Miami, but I also live in South Florida, and like the settings and stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been in love with Marg Helgenberger since the first time I saw her...oop's, I soiled myself...

Both CSI's are great shows. Never miss 'em.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Although that Kim Delaney does spark an burning sensation..beautiful woman with a big gun. Does anyone else have this problem??
View Quote

Kim Delaney is no longer on CSI Miami. You saw a repeat last night. I like her. To bad she left the show.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Delaney's acting was pretty bad in my view. Glad she's gone.

The original series is way better than the Miami one.

Oh yeah, Marg is very pleasant to watch.
View Quote

CSI Miami took the "gorecam" concept pioneered on TV by CSI and pushed it too far. My wife, who likes the story lines and mysteries, is grossed out by ME's and CSI's ramming steel rods through wound tracks on cadavers to acertain the bullet impact angle.  We all know that that is something they actually do, but it is unnecessary to actually show it.

Kim Delany bothers me.  I liked her on NYPD Blue until the whole Rick Schroeder thing blew up.  "Philly" sucked and was canned for good cause.  She never clicked with anyone on CSI Miami, she walked around with a superior and aloof attitude that was annoying on her.  

I like David Caruso's character, but he's a bit too self assured.  The other cast members are fairly diposable though.  

The "Sniper" episode had a pile of terrible information in it.  It glossed over some real-world stuff fairly well, but failed the reality check dramatically  on two or three points.

A. using lasers fired back along the angle of impact to pinpoint the shooter's position.  Unless they figured bullet drop and wind drift into the equation, they would be pointing into the sky well off to the side of where the shots were fired from, especially since the rounds fired were .223 rounds and from over 800 yards, they would be in a pretty steep drop and be getting knocked around by the wind pretty good.

B. .223?  A Marine trained sniper would have used a .308 as a matter of course. That's what he would have trained with and been most comfortable with.  He would have sneered at the thought of using a .223 from that range.

C. Of all the snipers trained by the Marine Corps, the Army, various Special Ops forces, etc. how many have ever gone bad?  Damn few if any.  Sniper training, by its nature, tends to enforce great discipline and control on the individual.  They control themselves totally and that extends to all aspects of their lives, not just shooting.  A sniper, no matter how many kills he has under his belt, is FAR less likely to go rogue than the average member of society.

D.  For a firearms "expert" the blonde girlie flinches fiercely when firing a gun and holds the dang thing too low to be using the sights.

I miss CSI Miami more often than I catch it.  I try pretty hard to watch the original though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I like CSI Las Vegas. Some of the stuff is true, some of its not. Its just TV.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I won't deny the show's ability to entertain, but it drives me [b]nuts[/b] to see these people acting like Detectives and interviewing folks, running interrogations, being present at arrests...sheesh!

Would the show be as much a draw if they stayed in the lab?  Prolly not, but that kind of dramatic license rubs me the wrong way.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

D.  For a firearms "expert" the blonde girlie flinches fiercely when firing a gun and holds the dang thing too low to be using the sights.
View Quote

Who cares how she shoots, she's damn hot, and that accent, even if its fake, is damn hot too.  I'm glad they're following in the NYPD Blue vein of having the female detectives wearing nice tight clothes.  I'm assuming its so they can draw their guns faster.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I won't deny the show's ability to entertain, but it drives me [b]nuts[/b] to see these people acting like Detectives and interviewing folks, running interrogations, being present at arrests...sheesh!

Would the show be as much a draw if they stayed in the lab?  Prolly not, but that kind of dramatic license rubs me the wrong way.
View Quote

I also love DNA screens done right there in their own lab and only taking a few hours to come back.  Any DNA lab in the US is backlogged to hell and gone, and any result that is not an absolute emergency (like a dna screen of new evidence in a case where the convicted person is going to be executed in a day or two) is going to take months to get back. And of course all of the techs in the CSI lab are PhD grade experts in nearly all of the examination fields and experts in operating the various pieces of equipment.

However, it is immensely entertaining TV and compressing roles and time is the only way it would work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I watch the Vegas one, I've been hooked since it came out.

I too always thought it was a bit strange that an ET would be doing interviews and so on.  WHo cares, it's TV.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#13]

iceman hit the nail on the head.

I love the original, but hate Miami.

During the sniper episode, I think I had more to say (bs this.....bs that.....bs, bs, bs...) than the actors did.

800 yd shots in the eye socket from an extremely steep angle in gusts of wind?   gotta love that sniper...

J

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top