Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:58:04 PM EDT
I was called out to run a service call today. I ended up in a VERY nice part of a town right outside of Nashville. 4700 sq ft house, right on the golf course, grand piano in the formal dining room kind of place. ithis and Mac that scattered throughout the home, I could hear the collage age son blasting away on COD
Lady was nice enough, noticed she had the TV on CNN, covering the Gaza turkey shoot. She started in on how wrong it was for Israel to attack those poor refugees, how the UN should punish them, etc. I had to bite my tongue and was actually having a hard time keeping my cool. She was so proud of her son who just got back from help “us” win the election, how now the poor will be taken care of, etc…etc. All while sitting at a huge expensive table in a gated community in a HUGE fucking house listening to this white bread liberal bitch spout her shit. I hope when the shit hits, the FSA find their ass and help themselves to anything they want.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Such Hypocrisy. I hate hearing rich people say they want higher taxes. Why not just give a check to the treasury if you think the government is doing such a great job with your money?

College* not collage
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Such Hypocrisy. I hate hearing rich people say they want higher taxes. Why not just give a check to the treasury if you think the government is doing such a great job with your money?

College* not collage

Big businesses and rich people are crafty at covering their tax bases. They(big business at least) prefer higher taxes because it drivers smaller competitors out of business.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

College* not collage

Big businesses and rich people are crafty at covering their tax bases. They(big business at least) prefer higher taxes because it drivers smaller competitors out of business.

True. Corporatism at its finest. I Read a study the other day that talked about how regulations and higher taxes cost small businesses about 30% more to comply with than big business. And that was a govt study, God knows what the real statistics are like.

Big businesses have the resources and the money to have a compliance division and to handle the taxes, the mom and pops don't.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm trying something new, people like that, fuck em'

What's that line from Fight Club... "the ability to let that which does not matter truly slide"
Yea yea it is bullshit philosophy from a movie but there is something to be said for letting the petty shit of idiots slide.

You can't change them so why bother, karma will unfortunately be the only thing that could possibly show them the error of their ways
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top