Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2011 10:05:55 AM EDT
I'm up in Boone, NC - anyone know a good place that sells 40' CONEX Containers near me?
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 10:25:11 AM EDT
ebay or google for a quote
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 4:41:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:
I'm up in Boone, NC - anyone know a good place that sells 40' CONEX Containers near me?

Well I see that there are two of us from Boone you need to stop by the Pantry's or other gas station and get your self a equipment trader mag. they are about 2 bucks. There wil be several dealers listed who will deliver last time I check they came in 20 or 40 foot leghts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 5:10:04 PM EDT
If you are up in Boone, you did realize that the US steel buildings factory is up there, right? If you only need a storage building those seem like a good option, they are running sales on certain models all the time. Perhaps saving on shipping from somebody further afield would save you some money.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 8:31:23 PM EDT
If I wanted to build something, I could do it cheap. I'm trying to avoid having any kind of permit involved with having it on the property. Blah. I'm actually going to price out building it vs. the conex route. That's why I want a quote on a conex container.

And cool, I'll check out the equipment trader magazine next time I get a chance.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 5:00:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
If you are up in Boone, you did realize that the US steel buildings factory is up there, right? If you only need a storage building those seem like a good option, they are running sales on certain models all the time. Perhaps saving on shipping from somebody further afield would save you some money.

JUNK JUNK JUNK did I say they were JUNK
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 5:47:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephTurrisi:

Please define 'JUNK' so we know how much credit to assign your assessment.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 2:27:35 PM EDT
there's a conex container place in Gastonia, not far from where 321 intersects I-85, a friend recently priced a 20 ft and they wanted $2500 delivered, I'd say that a 40' would be roughly double. the good thing about this place is that you can go through several of the containers and find the one with the best floor and look for obvious signs of leakage from the roof. check the doors and make sure that the hinges and latches are in decent shape also look for large dents. if the dents are huge they will affect ur ability to line the walls if you decide too.

http://www.321equipment.com/ this is the place.

Jason
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 4:16:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cole2534:

Originally Posted By JosephTurrisi:

Please define 'JUNK' so we know how much credit to assign your assessment.

Not worth having and cost to much My wife work there for as an executive assistant the VP and her boss was able to buy a 40 by 60 pole barn installed cheaper than he could buy the equivalent from his company
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 4:17:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2011 4:18:53 PM EDT by JosephTurrisi]
deleted double post
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 4:30:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:
If I wanted to build something, I could do it cheap. I'm trying to avoid having any kind of permit involved with having it on the property. Blah. I'm actually going to price out building it vs. the conex route. That's why I want a quote on a conex container.

the definitive container building thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/510228_.html

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:25:54 PM EDT
I gave my wife a 20 foot connex for an anniversary present.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 5:04:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Fullpower:
I gave my wife a 20 foot connex for an anniversary present.

That was very kind of you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:21:02 AM EDT
40' boxes are a little bit less then double the price of 20's because they are much more common. I just got a steel of a deal. I was quoted $4200 for a 40' conex. I found one on craigslist for $2500. Had the company drop it for me and shipped it came out to $2875. and thats in Alaska.
Top Top