Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/19/2005 8:39:00 AM EDT
Okay I was wondering if any of you guys could assist me , Yesterday while at walmart I saw the ATI all in Wonder 9200 for a discounted prices of $60.00 and that sounded like a deal to me since it has everything in it

With its Radeon 9200 GPU and 128MB of its own DDR memory, the All-in-Wonder 9200 delivers super high performance for graphics-intensive 3D gaming and business applications. The multimedia capabilities of the All-in-Wonder 9200 will redefine your home entertainment experience. Your PC is converted into a stereo TV tuner with up to 125 channels. The complete package of audio and video tools offered turns your PC into a video production studio. Capture and edit the finest quality images available from your TV , streamed video, DVD’s and Video CD’s to stimulate, create and communicate like never before.

SO anyways I get to connecting it and my freeking computer does not have a AGP port! .. That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of DAMN gateway!

Is there anything I can buy or something other then a mother board?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:45:12 AM EDT
Do you have a really new computer with a PCI-Express slot, or a kinda old computer with only plain PCI slots (white)?

And that practice is somewhat common when manufacturers are looking to cut costs anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:46:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jakezor:
Do you have a really new computer with a PCI-Express slot, or a kinda old computer with only plain PCI slots (white)?

And that practice is somewhat common when manufacturers are looking to cut costs anywhere.

I just bought got it for xmas last year!
The processer is a Celeron 2.6ghz and I have 248 megs of ram
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:55:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dv8xbox:
Okay I was wondering if any of you guys could assist me , Yesterday while at walmart I saw the ATI all in Wonder 9200 for a discounted prices of $60.00 and that sounded like a deal to me since it has everything in it

With its Radeon 9200 GPU and 128MB of its own DDR memory, the All-in-Wonder 9200 delivers super high performance for graphics-intensive 3D gaming and business applications. The multimedia capabilities of the All-in-Wonder 9200 will redefine your home entertainment experience. Your PC is converted into a stereo TV tuner with up to 125 channels. The complete package of audio and video tools offered turns your PC into a video production studio. Capture and edit the finest quality images available from your TV , streamed video, DVD’s and Video CD’s to stimulate, create and communicate like never before.

SO anyways I get to connecting it and my freeking computer does not have a AGP port! .. That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of DAMN gateway!

All manufacturer use el cheapo motherboards on their economy models. Dell , Gateway, HP, they all do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:55:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dv8xbox:

Your motherboard has integrated graphics (graphics chip made onto motherboard as a cost savings) and no AGP slot. There is really nothing you can do. You could use an old PCI graphics card (5 year old technology) but the odds are it would be lower performance than the integrated graphics that you currently have. Changing the motherboard would require upgrading lots of other stuff like the power-supply and memory. You'd be better off just to buy a new box.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:56:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalStrat:

Your motherboard has integrated graphics (graphics chip made onto motherboard as a cost savings) and no AGP slot. There is really nothing you can do. You could use an old PCI graphics card (5 year old technology) but the odds are it would be lower performance than the integrated graphics that you currently have. Changing the motherboard would require upgrading lots of other stuff like the power-supply and memory. You'd be better off just to buy a new box.

He also has a Celeron which blows for any type of gaming.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:59:38 AM EDT
Well you could either build yourself a cheap computer using clearance parts or get rid of the video card on the EE.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:16:45 AM EDT
The best I could find on Newegg.com would be an ATI 9200/9250 (plain, no AiW) or a Geforce FX5500/5700

Neither of which is very current. Faster than stock though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:43:46 AM EDT
Yeah that happens when you buy disposable non-upgradeable off the shelf type computers. I wouldn't even try to swap the motherboard, not worth the trouble and since you didn't even know what your computer has as far as PCI or AGP slots, you're probably lacking the knowledge anyway.

The 9200 is a poor performer for anything graphics intensive (newer games) anyway and the all-in-wonder tv capture blows compared to a dedicated capture board like the Hauppage 250. I'd just take the video card back, get a refund and forget about it. Next time buy a decent upgradeable computer.
Top Top