Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:10:42 AM EDT
WTF ?

Looks like I will be changing TV service providers again....
Any suggestions ? Dish network ? Direct TV ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:13:32 AM EDT
I thought that was what Bravo was........
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:14:01 AM EDT
Channel 69 right?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:14:32 AM EDT
Lifetime
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:15:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:16:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:

Yeah, don't you already have Bravo?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:58 AM EDT
Logo?

Came up on DirecTV a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:19:15 AM EDT
why is this a big deal?

there are plenty of channels I don't care for. solution: don't watch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:19:50 AM EDT
I thought mtv had a gay channel now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:23:59 AM EDT
Adding a gay channel????

I can only think of 3 or 4 that aren't gay...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:25:54 AM EDT
yep.. Just watch any of those buying a home shows.. Always a fag and his "partner"...Buying their 1st home .. I could puke when I see that..
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:36:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:
yep.. Just watch any of those buying a home shows.. Always a fag and his "partner"...Buying their 1st home .. I could puke when I see that..

Obviously, they should live in cardboard boxes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:38:14 AM EDT
Homowners!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:40:01 AM EDT
here's a solution. don't fucking watch it! wow, that was hard.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:45:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ElCamino:

Or we could build some camps for them, maybe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:46:16 AM EDT
Wouldn't not watching that channel be an easier solution?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:50:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By falaholic1:
Homowners!

LMAO!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:02:29 AM EDT
My watch is watching one of the home makeover shows right now on TLC. It seems every other couple on their is gay and half the decorators are gay.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:11:51 AM EDT
Know what I can't stand, they have channels for blacks and hispanics, but if there was a white stars or white HBO or a White Entertainment Television there would be countless lawsuits because of racism.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:13:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FOX-:
Know what I can't stand, they have channels for blacks and hispanics, but if there was a white stars or white HBO or a White Entertainment Television there would be countless lawsuits because of racism.

WET used to be called TNN. That went under.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:16:48 AM EDT
How about the United Honky College Fund?

Hetero TV, the first channel entirely for straight people. (no gays allowed, no feminine hygeine commercials etc....)

The homo shopping channel......

Homo and gayden TV

Markus Stewart homo decorating and cocking channel...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:31 AM EDT

Why exactly would there be a lawsuit? What law would be violated, exactly?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:20:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Discrimination. Period....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PsyWarrior:

Discrimination. Period....

So are you pissed that there's no quality angry white man programming on BET?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:00:18 AM EDT
It could be worse, Stars is showing such B hits on their Midnight Movie series like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" , "Pink Flamingos" () and "Eraserhead"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:05:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art:
WTF ?

Looks like I will be changing TV service providers again....
Any suggestions ? Dish network ? Direct TV ?

NEWS FLASH!!!

That little thing that came with your TV with all the numbers and buttons on it... THAT LETS YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!!1

If you don't want to watch it, don't.

I don't like BET, but I dont switch cable companies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:06:22 AM EDT
I heard the new cooking show on the Gay channel is going to cover the proper way to "toss a salad".
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:10:03 AM EDT
Back in the sixties it was "coming together" and the end of "separate but equal" doctrine.

Now everywhere you look the cry is "diversity".

From where I'm sitting we're damn near full circle. *EVERYONE* demands that they have their own "special place", no one wants to do anything as a whole, but keep sifting through and spotlighting our differences, proclaiming them as somehow making them "special".

God help anyone that suggests that we're all basically the same and should work for common goals affecting everyone for you will be hounded as "insensitive", "sexist", "homophobic", "xenophobic", blah, blah, blah...

We're going to "diversify" ourselves into oblivion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:32:31 AM EDT

I thought that it was mandatory for all shows to have a brilliant successful black businessman, a caustic hilarious white female, a gay, and a totally stupid white male.

That is why I turned the all the shit off. Don't have cable, disk, or even a coat hanger antenna.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:53:40 AM EDT
DirecTV has 2 gay channels now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:09:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wganz:

I thought that it was mandatory for all shows to have a brilliant successful black businessman, a caustic hilarious white female, a gay, and a totally stupid white male.

That is why I turned the all the shit off. Don't have cable, disk, or even a coat hanger antenna.

wganz

Don't forget, the female has to be a whore too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:25:44 AM EDT
I thought it was the Hockey Channel that purchased the gay...nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 11:36:09 AM EDT by thedoctors308]

Originally Posted By mace:

Originally Posted By wganz:

wganz

Don't forget, the female has to be a whore too.

right, but she can't be judged for it.
she's "sexually liberated"
ETA: Don't forget, the white guy can't dance either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:39:50 AM EDT

Not a comparisson of apples to apples, but a few years ago some law enforcement guys tried to form the White Patrolmans Association or Deputies Association (can't remember if they were Houston Police of Harris County Deputies). Anyhow, a big stink broke our and they were ordered to disband.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:34:24 PM EDT
What I want this a weapons channel.......All weapons all the time channel. I know the History channel is pretty close but I would think at there is enough of us to rate a channel . Hell we could even have a reality show based on Arfcom's GD!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:01:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:10:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 4:27:59 PM EDT by PeteCO]
Since gayness is a sexual preference, why not have a channel where everyone on it is required to be into scat and piss? Or maybe just a general anal fetish channel. Don't forget the felchers, they need a channel too.

How in the fuck being gay moved from a mere sexual preference to a bullshit "culture" where their sexual habits are shoved in your face is beyond me.

I've had people introduce themselves to me as a gay person before, as though it were an occupation. This is no different from me introducing myself to someone, and immediately outlining for them the exact way I like to fuck my wife.

I have nothing against gay people. I just don't care to hear about sexual preference/fetish/favorites being some grand differentiation between people. The ONLY thing different between me and some gay dude are what we prefer to do in bed. Why do either of our preferences need to be accentuated?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:53:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:00:21 PM EDT

WET used to be called TNN. That went under.

Besides, we have "Spike" now. the only channel for average everyday straight white men, who work and raise and families, and generally do good for society on a regular bassis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:01:33 PM EDT
I'll be glad when I move and can drop Comcast
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:04:13 PM EDT
If this is the worst thing you have to worry about, I envy you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:07:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
why is this a big deal?

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:09:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
Lifetime

I thought it was the Oxygen network. Bravo... they play some decent stuff on there. If anything E! is the queerest channel. Oh wait... Bravo was the one that started Queer Eye isn't it?

Either way... I could care less. Just another channel I'm paying for that I won't watch. Look on the bright side... most channels seem to be like 30% informercials in a 24 hour period. From about 7-9am they start running regular programming and then at like 12-2am they return to paid advertisements.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:04:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
I thought mtv had a gay channel now?

Yeah, I THINK that's "Logo, there's also another called "here!"

TTWW: Bravo is only 1/3 to 1/2 gay .

Originally Posted By catuela:
Adding a gay channel????

I can only think of 3 or 4 that aren't gay...

Yeah, right, I wish.

Originally Posted By huggybro:
My watch is watching one of the home makeover shows right now on TLC. It seems every other couple on their is gay and half the decorators are gay.

I wasn't aware watches were cognizant... how do you KNOW that the watch is actually WATCHING the home makeover show??? (Just curious).

Originally Posted By PeteCO:
Since gayness is a sexual preference, why not have a channel where everyone on it is required to be into scat and piss? Or maybe just a general anal fetish channel. Don't forget the felchers, they need a channel too.

How in the fuck being gay moved from a mere sexual preference to a bullshit "culture" where their sexual habits are shoved in your face is beyond me.

I've had people introduce themselves to me as a gay person before, as though it were an occupation. This is no different from me introducing myself to someone, and immediately outlining for them the exact way I like to fuck my wife.

I have nothing against gay people. I just don't care to hear about sexual preference/fetish/favorites being some grand differentiation between people. The ONLY thing different between me and some gay dude are what we prefer to do in bed. Why do either of our preferences need to be accentuated?

Because we get REAL tired of day after day, week after week seeing shows where a female and a male are being affectionate, kissing, hugging, hey, even fighting... I tape ANYTHING "queer" that comes on, because 95% of the time I'm fine w/it, but every now and again it just gets on my nerves & I have do drag out the "queer" disks and VHS tapes and have a "gay tv day" where EVERY show I watch has SOMETHING I can relate to.

Of course right NOW I'm having a "Independence Day" Marathon I watched it twice last night and running it for the second time tonight. No queers, just backside kicking
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:27:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
why is this a big deal?

Question: Why pay for what you don't watch?

I think that the technology EXISTS where it would be SIMPLE for the asshats to turn on/off whatever channels YOU (or I) didn't want to pay for. They don't DO that, IMO, because the CHANNELS pay the cable companies to CARRY them AND then WE pay the cable companies to GET the channels...so......I think they make more $$ by "packaging" many together.

IF I COULD pick and choose, I'd pay for:

(Highly prized in BOLD)

2 WSFJ (Local "Religious" Channel)
3 SOAPnet!
4 WCMH (NBC)
5 TVGC
6 WSYX
7 WOSU
8 WTTE (FOX)
9 BULLBD <<Community Bulletin Board >>
10 WBNS (CBS)
11 AZNTV (Asian TV)
12 TLC
13 WWHO
14 CSPAN2
15 WUAB
16 WGN
17 TBS
18 QVC
19 ShpNBC

20 HIST
21 CMTY <<Community Bulletin Board >>
22 CSPAN
23 HALMRK
24 SERV
25 EDUACC <<Educational Access Programming >>
26 WRADAR <<Local Weather Radar >>
27 HN <<Headline News

28 CNN
29 USA
30 TNT

31 ESPN
32 ESPN2
33 FSN
34 GOLF
35 DISNEY Bob the Butler
36 TOON
37 NICK
38 TVLAND

39 ABCFAM
40 DSC
41 A&E
42 LIFE
43 E!
44 FOOD
45 HGTV
46 SPIKE
47 CMT
48 VH1
49 MTV
50 BET
51 CMDY

52 SCI-FI
53 BRAVO
54 AMC
55 TCM
56 CNBC

57 MSNBC
58 TRAVEL
59 TWC

60 ANPL
61 COURT
62 VMKT
63 FNC
64 FX
65 LMN
66 WE
67 OXYGN

68 NGC Explorer
69 ACN
70 OLN

71 BBC
72 DHC
73 MTV2
74 FITTV
75 UNI
100 SCICH
101 MILI
102 D-KIDS
104 DTIMES
105 D-HOME
106 G4
109 TRIO

110 OVATN
111 BETJAZ
112 MTVHIT
113 FUSE
114 GAC
115 CURNT

116 CSPAN3
117 BTV 118 ESPNN
119 ONN
122 ESPNC
123 SPEED
124 OUTDR
125 FSC
127 EWTN
128 TWN

129 LRW
130 style
131 GSN
132 DISNEY
133 TOOND
134 NOG/N
135 VH1CL
136 AS
137 CNBCWO
138 FLN
139 DIY
140 SOAP
141 BIO
142 HIS-I (History, International)
143 ALN
148 NTOON
149 BOOM

150 E-WAM
151 E-LOVE
152 E-WSTN
153 E-MYST
154 E-ACTN
155 E-DRAM
156 ENCRw
157 SUNDe
158 FMC
159 IFC
196 WOSUHD
197 WOSUK
198 WOSUY
199 WOSUP

Then the Showtime channels....

And the "On Demand" Channels:
1131 CTNOD <Cartoon On Demand >
1143 BBCOD <BBC America On Demand >
1145 ANIME <Anime Network on Demand >
1150 CNNOD <CNN Showcase On Demand >
1156 A&EOD <A&E On Demand >
1154 NGCOD <National Geographic Channel On Demand >
1158 OXGNOD <Oxygen On Demand >
1161 DIYOD <DIY On Demand >

But I'm looking around for other providers because TW (Time/Warner) doesn't CARRY any of the queer channels. Gotta look at DISH Network and whatever that other one is ...I don't think Comcast is an option here. :/
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:29:22 PM EDT
here's a crazy idea.....now keep up please, this might confuse you:

DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:30:50 PM EDT

Or we could build some camps for them, maybe.

The obvious, if final, solution, DK!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:36:38 PM EDT
Last I checked gay shit is on every channel nowdays. ABC, MTV, and every other channel I flip through. Every reality show has to have a fag or two as a sideshow attraction. The sad thing is that there's enough gay programming to create an entire network.

May I suggest Spike TV?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:07:17 PM EDT
I think a Gay Channel is a great idea. Remember, half of all gay people are Lesbians. Right now I gotta get back to watching "The L-Word" with the sound off.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:38:39 PM EDT
If my board-fu were stronger I'd insert the Gary Coleman "Who fuckin' cares?" pic. It's just another special interest demographic to cater to with tailored programming. There's channels like OLN, SPEED and the Food channel. If gay stuff isn't your bag, there are plenty of other channels out there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 12:45:49 PM EDT by 89grand]
It could be a lot worse. They could have added BET-Gay.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top