Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 6:33:35 PM EDT
Just beat COD 5- Playing Zombie level.This is awesome! Anyone else played this yet?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:38:16 PM EDT
I will on Monday; a friend got it.

I hear they have the more obscure guns like the SVT-40. Sounds good.

My friend doesn't know shit about WWII guns, so he keeps calling me to ask "hey, I unlocked a new gun; is it any good?"

I told him about the PPSh-41.

"Holy SHIT! It sounds like somebody farting! I love this gun! It rapes Nazis like a motherfucker!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:44:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

My friend doesn't know shit about WWII guns, so he keeps calling me to ask "hey, I unlocked a new gun; is it any good?"

"Holy SHIT! It sounds like somebody farting! I love this gun! It rapes Nazis like a motherfucker!"

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:24:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mmsurber:

1,200 rpm and 71-rnd drum mags. 7.62x25mm is a hot little round too.

They nicknamed it the "burp gun" because it really does go BRAAAAAAP!

The MG-42, with the same rate of fire, was nicknamed "Hitler's zipper".

The French Chauchat LMG was nicknamed the "show-shit" by US troops in WWI.

I forget which Japanese MG we nicknamed the woodpecker because of its low rate of fire.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:25:55 PM EDT
i beat cod5 in 1 day, didnt know it had a zombie level
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:27:57 PM EDT
You can do the zombie level co-op.  It's alot of fun to fight the hordes with your friends.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:31:24 PM EDT
When you hit the upper levels you can get the Ray Gun!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:32:10 PM EDT
its not single player tho?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:37:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rykn0w:
its not single player tho?

It is. You can also play with up to three buddies.

Let me just say the Kar98K is a decent zombie blaster.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:57:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rykn0w:
i beat cod5 in 1 day, didnt know it had a zombie level

On what difficulty, recruit?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:30:03 PM EDT
Nazi Zombies is a fucking blast!!  Can't make it past level 6 though. Even with a BAR & a Thompson the bastards still kick my ass.

The zombies look just like Obama!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 9:51:18 PM EDT by AROptics]
Ripley: These people are here to protect you. They're soldiers.
Newt: It won't make any difference.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:46:44 PM EDT
Explain how the Nazi zombies works, and why the fuck is there a ray gun in a WWII game? Is it just some silly thing you can use in mini-games like the zombie levels, or is it actually in the campaign and multi-player?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 9:57:55 PM EDT by Frost7]
Explain how the Nazi zombies works, and why the fuck is there a ray gun in a WWII game? Is it just some silly thing you can use in mini-games like the zombie levels, or is it actually in the campaign and multi-player?

The ray gun is only a special weapon available from the mystery chest in the zombie minigame. That's the only place you'll see it.

And if you ever play the zombie mini-game, you'll be glad it's there. 1 or 2 people with the ray gun allows you to survive several levels beyond where you otherwise would have.

Come level 16+, two guys sitting on Browning 1919s aren't even enough to hold them off. (furthest I've gotten was level 19)
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:19:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Frost7:

The ray gun is only a special weapon available from the mystery chest in the zombie minigame. That's the only place you'll see it.

And if you ever play the zombie mini-game, you'll be glad it's there. 1 or 2 people with the ray gun allows you to survive several levels beyond where you otherwise would have.

Come level 16+, two guys sitting on Browning 1919s aren't even enough to hold them off. (furthest I've gotten was level 19)

How does zombie mode work though? Just waves of slow, lumbering zombies? Or are they the fast type? Or the type intelligent enough to use weapons (albeit very poorly)?

Do only headshots take them down? Can you dismember them with gunfire?

I need details! I must plan ahead for the inevitable zombie uprising.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:01:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Frost7:

How does zombie mode work though? Just waves of slow, lumbering zombies? Or are they the fast type? Or the type intelligent enough to use weapons (albeit very poorly)?

Do only headshots take them down? Can you dismember them with gunfire?

I need details! I must plan ahead for the inevitable zombie uprising.

You're in an abandoned/ destroyed house with boarded-up windows, kinda like the end of Night of The Living Dead. Zombies are steady ripping the wood off the windows and gaining access to the inside of the house. Your mission is to keep them at bay by shooting intruders and repairing breeched windows. Headshots count almost exclusively, but you can also take them down by dumping an obscene amount of rounds into their body.
Top Top