Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:52:48 AM EDT
Flipped to it just now and they are asking a psychologist if we should be celebrating bin Laden's death because it is so morbid. Typical "for the children" angle.

I'm getting annoyed at news groups pointing out the age of the celebrating college students. I'm a college student. I remember vividly. My parents didn't have to tell me how to feel.

This is just stupid.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:56:20 AM EDT
morbid is considering the thoughts and feelings of anyone that thinks that piece of shit was more than a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:57:21 AM EDT
Pfffft
They are running with that kind of bullshit already?
I was at ground zero for the post-Osama-skull-fuck party.  Some folks were solemn, some folks were nuts, and most of us were just getting our drink on.  It was mostly college-age kids... who the fuck else drops everything to go to a party at 2am?  Yeah, college kids.

And me.

And my buddy.

- BG
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:58:30 AM EDT
"For the children" is exactly why we should be celebrating his death.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:23:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HarryStone:
"For the children" is exactly why we should be celebrating his death.

...and exactly why we're waging these wars now, on their turf, and not ours (children's).
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:30:13 AM EDT
Yeah, CNN has just a slightly slanted take on things in general, but this morning they really took the cake. If you have Dish, you can go to CNN "Enhanced" and get instant news stories without having to wait. Well, I haven't watched anything on CNN in months, but I was desperate to get new info so, as a last resort during commercial breaks I flipped over to the dark side. Well, in the CNN "Enhanced" stories, under the category, "Top News Stories", was this whole write up on how Obama's the man now, this is not just a victory for the U.S., but a victory for Obama...then it went on to talk about his long form birth certificate and that the "blasphemous tyrant" Donald Trump can no longer go on about Obama because he's black and of Kenyan dessent. That's an opinion, not news in any way, shape or form.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:48:26 AM EDT
We lost our Fox feed and I was "forced" to watch BBC and CNN...granted, BBC is world news so they don't really seem to cover anything while covering everything but CNN:  Christiana was following Paul Ryan to town hall meetings and talking about how "upset constituents were with Paul Ryan's and the Republicans' budget proposal" and there was all sorts of footage of angry constituents...BUT, if you listened to what the people were actually saying, they were upset that the Republicans caved on the compromise bill (cut only US$39B or whatever).

It's that insidious subtle, sometimes not so subtle slant to things that pisses me off...it's everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:57:55 AM EDT
Yeah, I wish all the major news sources would limit the editorials. I took journalism and wrote my share of news, opinion pieces and so on. When we did opinion pieces, we usually did it in a VS style. I'd sit down with someone who held the opposite opinion and we'd talk about it for about half an hour, write down our main points and hand it over to the the other person so they could do some research on it. We always did our best to have educated opinions and to allow the other side to present theirs. I figure that is how opinions should be expressed in news.

Instead, we get Glenn Beck. Or whatever the CNN equivalent is. It is just bad form on all sides.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:15:41 AM EDT
At last night's Amon Amarth concert, a little ways in to the second set the lead singer dedicated a song "To all those guys...who fucking killed Osama!"

Everyone in the crowd cheered, no one appeared psychologically damaged...CNN and their pyschologists can go furrow their brows over some other topic because there is nothing unhealthy about celebrating the end of a notorious enemy and terrorist.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:25:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USMS2011:
Flipped to it just now and they are asking a psychologist if we should be celebrating bin Laden's death because it is so morbid. Typical "for the children" angle.

I'm getting annoyed at news groups pointing out the age of the celebrating college students. I'm a college student. I remember vividly. My parents didn't have to tell me how to feel.

This is just stupid.

I did not see the show in question, but I am not very surprised that the news media wants to cast a "somber" light.

I would love to ask a simple question of the psychologist and the media at large.

Do you believe in evil?

The media likes to use the word "unbiased".  In practice it is closer to "relativist" and "unprincipled".

I recall September 11 quite well.  It was amazing to witness the cloud of relativism that saturated the Left (and the media) evaporate.  Well, the cloud blew out to sea for a while at least.  The Left was stunned by what happened and naturally they questioned what we did to "bring this upon ourselves".

What shook the Left to the core was that there was stark evidence of pure evil perpetrated right in front of their faces.  They could not deny it.  So they waited.  Some were converted on that day to realize they had been living with some really dysfunctional operating principles.  Some conservatives were "born" on 9/11.

The Left had to face the fact that there were people in the World that didn't care about their sacred individuality, their level of personal sophistication, or their nuanced understanding of World events as neither being black or white.  There were people in the World who simply wanted to kill you as you were a symbol to them.  

The Left started eventually to whine about "guilt by association."  They failed to see that we were/are in a total war.  In this there are NO civilians.  Only "legitimate targets."  They were immensely relieved when the invasion of Iraq began.  That way they could put their old comfortable relativist loafers on again.  They could protest without guilt.

The Left wants 9/11 to be an historical footnote- as distant in memory as Pearl Harbor.  It is distressing to them to see younger people (college students) celebrate the death of a perpetrator of evil.  They are very frightened that a younger generation may not share their relativist attitudes.

Basically they are saying you are too young to "really understand", as you were "X" age when 9/11 happened.

In my opinion you are right to be insulted.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:29:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USMS2011:

This is just stupid.

Well I guess when you have a story, you really try to play it for ever single minute and every type of viewer.  Nature of the beast I guess.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:29:47 AM EDT
The left is for the children. Except when you're talking abortion. Then they celebrate. Fuck the left!
Top Top