Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 6:40:44 AM EDT by Prime]
To ~365,000, most of that through state exchanges.  

In their defense, even they seem to know that sucks.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:07:11 AM EDT
Though the web-site has problems the problem isn't the web-site. It is that the govt is making you buy something because you are alive.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:08:34 AM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1cheapshot:

Though the web-site has problems the problem isn't the web-site. It is that the govt is making you buy something because you are alive.
View Quote

Converting oxygen to carbon dioxide isn't a right.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:09:07 AM EDT
I also see major news networks claiming his approval rating jumped and his disapproval rating declined. I'm the King of England and my penis is eighteen inches long.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:09:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BIKECOP29:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BIKECOP29:

You didn't phosphorylate that.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:11:41 AM EDT
A story from an regime propaganda source and anyone believes it?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:14:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:15:41 AM EDT
Yeah and I'd bet 364,999 are getting fucking subsidies to pay for their healthcare insurance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:20 AM EDT
With the pre-existing conditions bar removed, a large swath of the country is better off paying the fine and signing up for a policy after they get hurt/sick.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:18:28 AM EDT by TheLastResort]
Originally Posted By RDak:
Yeah and I'd bet 364,999 are getting fucking subsidies to pay for their healthcare insurance.
View Quote

Or more like 364,999 are fucking MediCare, even worse...

Nobody with common sense is signing up for this BS, only people getting free shit.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:19:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:

If you like your Krebs cycle, you can keep it.
View Quote

However, ATP is now a taxable commodity
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:19:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheLastResort:

Nobody with common sense is signing up for this BS, only people getting free shit.

View All Quotes

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:21:32 AM EDT
So it went from 1 to 4 ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:21:55 AM EDT
View Quote

Hooker with a cold sore.
Even if they get the website fixed, that just makes the cold sore go away.
It's still a hooker with herpes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:22:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:22:44 AM EDT by Kutu]
I think they are including people signing up for Medicaid - and that's most of that 365,000!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:23:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:35:25 AM EDT by GrandfatherCoyote]
And the majority are medicaid, I'm guessing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:25:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kutu:
I think they are including people signing up for Medicaid - and that's most of that 365,000!
View Quote

I read another article that showed around 1.2 million signed up in addition to this group who were all medicaid qualified.  Remember medicaid expanded as part of Obamacare.  Out of 1.6 million who signed up, this paltry number actually qualified for a real O-care plan instead of medicaid.  Many, if not most, are probably heavily subsidized.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:25:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:26:37 AM EDT by WildApple]

Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

In other news, another 4 million Americans lost the healthcare they were promised by Obama they could keep last month

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:25:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:26:56 AM EDT by AR-10]

Or more like 364,999 are fucking MediCare Medicaid, even worse...

View All Quotes

Or more like 364,999 are fucking MediCare Medicaid, even worse...

Slight correction to fit my impression of what has been reported.
Which is even worse than Medicare.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:25:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BTccw:

View Quote

The website can now handle 50,000 people at a time.  Assuming it takes three hours to complete, that's potentially a few hundred thousand enrollments a day.  The federal exchange has a little over 100,000 right now.   Pretty soon they'll have to admit that the technology isn't the problem.  

I totally believe it.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:26:18 AM EDT
Look, teacher, I finished my homework!

Barry, that homework was due a month ago.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:26:55 AM EDT
I believe the Obamamath itself requires 5,000,000 signed up on exchange plans, not medicaid, by March 1st to be solvent.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:31:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:33:26 AM EDT
I guarantee those enrollment skew heavily Medicaid/subsidized, or consist of people who are already sick (and will represent a net cost to the system).

They were warned about adverse selection, and death-spirals... but did any of the Democrats and their cheerleaders listen?  

Oh no... that was just a bunch of racist Tea Party talking-points.  

How do you like me now?  
View Quote

Without expanding the pool of people with insurance or going single payer how should though people get affordable coverage?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:34:37 AM EDT
Today's prepared remarks for the Hearing.

Testimony-Sebelius-HE-PPACA-Implementation-2013-12-11.pd

Conclusion
The Affordable Care Act is more than a website. In addition to offering uninsured Americans affordable coverage options starting in 2014, the law has already provided new benefits and protections to Americans with health insurance. We are committed to continually improving the experience for consumers using HealthCare.gov so that Americans can easily access the quality, affordable health coverage they need, and that the Affordable Care Act fully delivers on its promise.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:34:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Choking_Hazard:

Without expanding the pool of people with insurance or going single payer how should though people get affordable coverage?
View All Quotes
I guarantee those enrollment skew heavily Medicaid/subsidized, or consist of people who are already sick (and will represent a net cost to the system).

They were warned about adverse selection, and death-spirals... but did any of the Democrats and their cheerleaders listen?  

How do you like me now?  

By paying a shitload more?  It's called insurance for a reason.  People forgot that.  I don't know how people think you can buy into a system for pennies on the dollar and expect that system to stay afloat.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:35:25 AM EDT

View Quote

Yep.  The free gubbment cheese crowd will sign up first.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:35:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
By paying a shitload more?  It's called insurance for a reason.  People forgot that.  I don't know how people think you can buy into a system for pennies on the dollar and expect that system to stay afloat.

View Quote

That's why I said affordable and isn't that the entire premise of insurance?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:36:02 AM EDT

How do you like me now?  
View Quote

Well, OF COURSE, that's how the numbers must be going.

I would imagine even the average dumbfuck libtard would admit that.

Oh wait............they are the one's applying for the subsidies.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:38:57 AM EDT

With the pre-existing conditions bar removed, a large swath of the country is better off paying the fine and signing up for a policy after they get hurt/sick.
View Quote

I thought this Obamacare bullshit was done the same way as Employer-care bullshit, i.e. if you don't sign up within the enrollment window you need to wait a year before you can get insurance.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:40:15 AM EDT

View All Quotes

No.  The entire premise of insurance is paying a rate based on your risk factors for x amount of covereage.  It is to hedge against the unforeseen. Should insurance companies be forced to cover someone who builds a house on a volcano, or provide flood insurance for someone who lives next to the mississppi?  Hint: they won't.  Flood coverage in most places has been under an Obamacare-type regime forever.  It is not based on sound practices or market principles.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:41:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

I thought this Obamacare bullshit was done the same way as Employer-care bullshit, i.e. if you don't sign up within the enrollment window you need to wait a year before you can get insurance.

Am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

Am I wrong?

You are right, but the people using my logic aren't going to care.  They never had insurance before, and they aren't going to now, until the "tax penalty" becomes outrageous for them.  That will depend on income.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:42:27 AM EDT
Here is an article posted in another thread about how most who have signed up have been medicaid sign-ups.
http://nypost.com/2013/12/07/the-medicaid-time-bomb/

Enjoy the assfucking, America.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:43:15 AM EDT
Here is an article posted in another thread about how most who have signed up have been medicaid sign-ups.
http://nypost.com/2013/12/07/the-medicaid-time-bomb/

Enjoy the assfucking, America.
View Quote

What a TOTAL clusterfuck.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:43:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:45:55 AM EDT by WildApple]

View All Quotes

How do you like me now?  

It's modeled after the successful Social Security program

Get out > Pay in

"this is going to save the taxpayers money"

"if you like your insurance you can keep it"

"if you like your doctor you can keep him"

".....fill in the blank"

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:44:30 AM EDT
No.  The entire premise of insurance is paying a rate based on your risk factors for x amount of covereage.  It is to hedge against the unforeseen. Should insurance companies be forced to cover someone who builds a house on a volcano, or provide flood insurance for someone who lives next to the mississppi?  Hint: they won't.  Flood coverage in most places has been under an Obamacare-type regime forever.  It is not based on sound practices or market principles.

View Quote

That's the premise of the law.  Society decided everyone should have access to medical care and the way to do that in the free market is to expand the group of people paying into the system.  Apples to oranges regarding where you build a house.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:18 AM EDT

That's the premise of the law.  Society decided everyone should have access to medical care and the way to do that in the free market is to expand the group of people paying into the system.  Apples to oranges regarding where you build a house.
View All Quotes

You can say whatever you want, but using the term "free market" anywhere near this discussion is laughable.  At least admit that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:23 AM EDT

View Quote

And how many of that number actually picked a plan? They never tell you that part.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:49 AM EDT

No... insurance is supposed to financially shield you from an unlikely, FUTURE calamity, by paying a nominal amount now, and pooling risk with like-minded others.  In essence, it's a bet against yourself.  If you "win" the bet by having bad luck of whatever sort, you can be made whole financially through the paid contributions of others.

View All Quotes

No... insurance is supposed to financially shield you from an unlikely, FUTURE calamity, by paying a nominal amount now, and pooling risk with like-minded others.  In essence, it's a bet against yourself.  If you "win" the bet by having bad luck of whatever sort, you can be made whole financially through the paid contributions of others.

Look at you, getting all smart and shit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:46:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hughjafj:

And how many of that number actually picked a plan? They never tell you that part.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hughjafj:

That is the number that picked (signed up for) a plan.  They need 5,000,000 to sign up by March for their already failed math to have a shot.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:46:48 AM EDT
You can say whatever you want, but using the term "free market" anywhere near this discussion is laughable.  At least admit that.
View Quote

I'll grant you that.  I should have said private insurers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:02 AM EDT
Fox News is reporting Sebelius is going to call for an IG investigation into Heathcare.gov., which means she will be able to say "I can't comment due to an investigation".
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:22 AM EDT

View All Quotes

WUT!!??

Not sure if serious?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:48:15 AM EDT by tesla120]
I'm shopping for insurance right now. I went to my states exchange and it was a cluster fuck.

I couldn't type in my birthdate, I had to copy and paste in each number one at a time. And I had to type the policy start date in backwards because the cursor kept bumping all the way over to the left.

After that I punch in my zip code and hit submit. The computer in the sky then spits out 0 policies that I can choose from.  

How fucking hard is this shit?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:46 AM EDT

I'll grant you that.  I should have said quasi-private insurers.
View All Quotes

I'll grant you that.  I should have said quasi-private insurers.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:48:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BTccw:

View Quote

a LOT of people do. it's thre reason this ship will never be righted.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:49:40 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Nope.  Insurance is risk mitigation.  Higher risk, higher cost.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:51:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rxdawg:
View Quote

So a working class guy, who has a medical condition, and loses his coverage along with his job should just... die?  Can't imagine why people don't support that system.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:52:11 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Not unless we force everyone to buy, then shift the high risk costs on to low risk people..... Hmmmm...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:54:20 AM EDT by Lem]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

If you like your Krebs cycle, you can keep it.

Fuck 'em  They will get my Cyclic AMP when they pry it from my cold dead hands.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top