Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 5:35:35 PM EDT
I thought CNN was scheduled to have a special entitled "Urban Combat" on last Sunday night.  IIRC it was following an Airborne unit through training, preparations and deployment.  It looked really interesting.

I believe that CNN superceded the airing of this special with "Breaking News" from Afghanistan.  Needless to say, the only "urban combat" that I saw were reporters and "experts" jockeying for air time.

Anyone else hear about this?  Has CNN rescheduled it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
thank goodness, i was afraid it was a picture of the klintons running over leo's to get to the airport.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
No, this is CNN we're talking about.  They're much too busy covering the "real" news to talk about the crap liberals get away with in this country.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
speaking of which, CNN counts this as "news"
[url]http://fyi.cnn.com/2001/fyi/teachers.ednews/11/28/perfect.sat.ap/index.html[/url]

It's laughable, they're really lowering the standards of journalism. If anyone here have watched the Simpson's episode when Bart got to be a news anchor, that's such an accurate satire of our media.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw it a couple days ago.  I think it was sunday night at 9 or 10pm central time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Then I hope it wasn't worth watching 'cause I missed it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top