Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:44:42 PM EDT
What is this gun worth. I know nothing about them. I did a search here and found nothing. I went to surplus rifles.com and found some info on it. Are they just another run of the mill C&R gun. What are they worth. I know that alot of guns are recopied like the MP5 and AR15 for instance. But is there any chance at all that one could have a real orignal CEMTE or is that not possible. A friend of mine at work has 2 of them and was wanting to get rid of them (They were his dads who died recently and he left him 30 something guns and he dont want them all). He is wanting to know how much they are worth. I'm still wating on him to let me know some more details about them like the serial numbers and who manufacored it and the like. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean CETME?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't find anything because there is no such thing. I believe it's a CETME that you're interested in, like mentioned above.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, there are real cetme's but most in the market are century made clone guns. Real ones bring a pretty penny.

Post pics and we can help you determine what they are.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they are a CETME. Sorry I dont know how to post pics even if I did I dont even own a camera. Are there any ways to identify the gun if it is a cen arms it will say something like CAI on the reciver right? Any way assumeing that the gun works and there is not anything worg with the guns how much (ballpark will do) are they worth if it is a real CEMTE or a repo. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
A real MARS imported CETME will bring in big bucks...2-3K a Century gun, assuming it works maybe 300-400.

A real CETME
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you LARM
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
KevinR this article may be helpful.

gunblast.com/RKCampbell_CETME-SAIGA.htm

HK owners & CETME bashers don't read it, you won't like the facts contained in it

I own a CETME.  I like it, it's fun to shoot & makes lots of noise.  It performs just fine.

No it isn't the quality of an HK but it didn't cost $2000 either.  Current value is $350-$500 & some examples a few bucks more.  Look over gunbroker.com & auctionarms.com to see the asking price range compared to selling prices.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#8]
My friend bought one for 300 bucks. It is a little beat but it shoots like a dream and it fires a nice big bullet!!The only prob I've heard of is that the front sight can occasionally be canted. You can get mil-surp ammo cheap and mags for it are ridiculously cheap.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i got one when the century guns were big. 300.00 and mine runs like a top.

that said i would not buy one for 500.00. it's s good gun, mine runs a shoots well, but for the same price you can get a fal, which is a MUCH better gun.

Yup, and some of us spent way more than what was needed for a nice FAL, making the Centruy guns right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i got one when the century guns were big. 300.00 and mine runs like a top.

that said i would not buy one for 500.00. it's s good gun, mine runs a shoots well, but for the same price you can get a fal, which is a MUCH better gun.

Yup, and some of us spent way more than what was needed for a nice FAL, making the Centruy guns right.

to be fair,

in every case i saw of a CAI cetme that had issues CAI did fix them quickly <and yes, i saw more than a few> i was lucky with mine, but i did my research ahead of time a knew what to look for.

Well, if you call grinding the bolts down to "fix" the bolt gap problem on my gun right.   They did fix the canted sights, but I had to buy +4 rollers, install them myself, and buy a new BOLT!!!   That was a bit pricey.

Then there was the time put into new wood, and new finish to cover up the crappy black paint that they covered them with.   I would of rather had the original finish, even if it was mostly gone.

edited to add:

I love my CETME now.   I was not able to look at mine before purchase.  My local dealer oredered it in from SOG.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top