Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:36:18 AM EDT
I just filled out every bit of paperwork, photocoppied my birth certificate, and my CCW permit and then I see my affiliated club membership card expired 9 days ago.

DANGIT.  I re-upped, but its gonna take a week or two to get my new memebership card so I can copy it and send it off to the CMP for my first Garand.  I thought about photochopping the date on the card.  But better to be really nice and legal about it.

On question though.  My VA CCW has a different address on it then my current address.  I talked to the Court Clerk and there is no real way to update it except file all the paperwork and stuff again to get a new one.  It is still very much valid even though the address is wrong, but will the CMP have an issue with that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
try cmp's forum, some guru on there will know the answer
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Send them what you have, even the expired card.  Include a two-sentance note as follows:

I have extended my memebership in my CMP-affiliated club buit do not yet have the new card.
The address on the CCW is no longer valid but I do not have a card with the new address.

If they have a problem with that, let them tell you.  You may find that they accept what you send them.  Or not.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a pending order (order took about a month) that went past the expire date on my card.  They would not ship till they had a copy of my new membership card, but would accept a faxed copy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
And here is MORE bad news... if the order process wasnt completed by Friday 10/7/2005 You will be charged the NEW prices which are almost DOUBLE what they were... Sorry... sucks to be you now.
Just kidding....
Actually they are VERY fast in answering questions and getting the paperwork through... This point that you are at was the worst point for me as well... the 'processing' Send it in and the day they get the paperwork they will notify you...

Oh and Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And here is MORE bad news... if the order process wasnt completed by Friday 10/7/2005 You will be charged the NEW prices which are almost DOUBLE what they were... Sorry... sucks to be you now.
Just kidding....
Actually they are VERY fast in answering questions and getting the paperwork through... This point that you are at was the worst point for me as well... the 'processing' Send it in and the day they get the paperwork they will notify you...

Oh and Congratulations!!!

BASTAGE!!!  Had me going there!  I read the first part and my shoulders slumpped and I stared at the screen.  Then I said I hope this was a joke, and it was.  Got me good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I woke up in an obnoxious mood for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh - boo hoo, it'll take you a week or two longer to get your Garand.  Cry me a freakin' river!!  

At least you CAN order one from the CMP, unlilke poor me.  
j/k - hope you get it as soon as possible!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh - boo hoo, it'll take you a week or two longer to get your Garand.  Cry me a freakin' river!!  

Why can't you?

US Citizen?

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Why can't you?

US Citizen?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why can't you?

US Citizen?

Yup.

I'm not complaining  (except in a joking manner).  Obviously the garands BELONGED to the U.S. gvot, and I've got absolutely no "right" to buy one, as a legal resident alien.   I'm just happy that as an alien, I'm even allowed to own firearms here.  

I just wish I could buy direct from the CMP  

(Instead, I end up buying them from guys who get them from the CMP originally - and just pay the markup)  It DOES irritate me a little when guys buy a bunch of Garands from the CMP, and them immediately turn around and sell them at a $200 markup - I don't believe that is the purpose of the CMP.  On the other hand, that is what allows me to get Garands, so I'm not complaining too much.

I should also add that at least one arfcommer HAS offered to pick me an extra CMP garand, something for which I was very grateful (even though I did not take him up on the very generous offer).  Arfcom is great!!  ... and no, that does not qualify as a straw purchase, so relax everyone.

Did I mention I'm not complaining (so please, nobody feel sorry for me):
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top