Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:38:59 PM EDT
I am trying to understand the requirements for purchasing one of these, When they say affiliated clubs or orginizations, does retired military qualify as a club???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
no mil just replaces the shooting competition requirement.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
No it doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Military doesn't, but the following do (and membership is cheap).

Garand Collectors' Association

Revolutionary War Veterans' Association

Go forth, fulfil thy requirements, and purchase to thy soul's content!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Negative - Best deal is to join the Garand Collector's Association - www.garandcollector.org/
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, being retired military does qualify you for the CMP program:
www.odcmp.com/faqs.htm

I belong to a Veteran’s Organization, does that count as an affiliated club?

Yes, starting in 2005 Congressionally chartered veterans’ organizations (VFW, American Legion, etc.) are recognized as CMP special affiliates. Any member of these organizations, who wishes to purchase military surplus items from the CMP and fulfills all other requirements, may purchase those items by submitting proof of membership.

I’m in the U.S. military. Am I still required to belong to an affiliated club?

No. The military services are special affiliates.  A copy of your current/retiree  military ID card serves to prove as membership in a CMP affiliated organization.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
So a copy of a active duty/retired id card will fufill the new requirements, Looks like a garand is in my future soon
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Good for you!
Garands are awesome.  My uncle acquired a Garand through the CMP program, a beautiful 1944 Springfield recovered from the Greek military.  A great firearm and a great piece of history.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I need to get one, but I don't really want to add another caliber to my stash. Also, I have a couple other items on my list that should come first.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey my list is so long and my income so limited

1919, 1911 .45 , 5.56 ak, g3, ps90,  on and on.......
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No comments on the amount of BAD info given out before someone took the time to look up the current answer instead of pulling an answer out of their butts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No comments on the amount of BAD info given out before someone took the time to look up the current answer instead of pulling an answer out of their butts?

Take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Everything you need to know is in this thread

LINK

Here's all you have to do:

Pick out your Garand or Springfield ($350-$1400):

List of Garands

List of Springfields

1. Online CMP purchase form filled out, including credit card info, signed by you, and notarized:CMP Purchase Form

2. Photocopy of passport, birth certificate, proof of naturalization, or any official government document that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S.

3. Photocopy of concealed handgun license card (or proof of firearms competency). See webpage for other options if you don't have CHL.

4. Proof of membership in CMP affiliated organization. Join at Garandcollector.Org online for $25 if you're not already a member of a CMP affiliate range. (Garandcollector.org will notify CMP in about 3 days of receiving your membership app and payment). I mailed my GarandCollector membership app and CMP stuff on the same day. I included a copy of my garandcollector membership application and a copy of the $25 check w/ my CMP forms.

Check here to find a list of affiliated ranges/clubs by state. If you're already a member of a CMP affiliate, just include a copy of your membership card with your CMP order

They ship it directly to your house. No FFL required.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS, CHECK THE CMP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WEPPAGE

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top