BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess he didn't pay his union dues.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I read the article and I still don't know why they took his guns.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I read the article and I still don't know why they took his guns.

Me too. But hey, it's Cleveland, Oh.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
So WTF?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the comments on the article sortof made sense. Perhaps the man was having serious issues. The fact that this made the news makes me , but perhaps the police thought that, at the time, it would be best to hold his guns. We're still in the wake of a guy who was stopped by police with mental health issues and then went on to shoot a whole bunch of people in AZ. I'm not saying that taking the man's firearm collection was right or wrong, but we simply don't know what the officers experienced when they met him. If I were an officer, I would not want to find myself in the position where I had to make a mental-health call in this political environment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
What the fuck? They confiscated his guns because he shelters homeless people? AND they made him go thru a psychiatric evaluation? Why has someone not re-confiscated his guns from the police before they "lose" them? Assbags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Note to self : lock guns away and pretend they don't exist.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Good thing somebody actually counted all 874 boxes of ammunition.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of the comments on the article sortof made sense. Perhaps the man was having serious issues. The fact that this made the news makes me , but perhaps the police thought that, at the time, it would be best to hold his guns. We're still in the wake of a guy who was stopped by police with mental health issues and then went on to shoot a whole bunch of people in AZ. I'm not saying that taking the man's firearm collection was right or wrong, but we simply don't know what the officers experienced when they met him. If I were an officer, I would not want to find myself in the position where I had to make a mental-health call in this political environment.

I'd be more worried about the police with mental health issues.

That sounds like a liability.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But doesn't this "Fox 8 News is not identifying the clergyman because he was not arrested or charged with any crime." kinda make your point moot?  If he wasn't dangerous enough to arrest, why was he dangerous enough to have his property seized?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
It's always best to have a safe with the contents locked up. If they don't have a warrant they can't open it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]
In addition to the guns, police also confiscated 874 boxes of various ammunition from the man's apartment.

Fox 8 News is not identifying the clergyman because he was not arrested or charged with any crime.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Hardshell: Don't ever open a monastery.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Weird.  The only thing I could think of is if the firearms were readily accessible by the guests at his place.  Even then, I would think some sort of crime would have to occur before seizure.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Fox 8 News is not identifying the clergyman because he was not arrested or charged with any crime.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
is subnet still here
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

is subnet still here

I do doubt he is a man of the cloth.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#19]

They're not saying it, but this is all pretty much SOP for an attempted suicide.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top