Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2010 3:59:46 AM EDT
Takes Glock leg to a whole new level.

Roland Haas, 58, died after accidentally shooting himself in the right leg and rupturing his femoral artery, Major James Yarbrough of the Coweta County Sheriff's Office told the Times-Herald.

More at link:

http://www.ajc.com/news/self-described-former-cia-598768.html

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
shoulda used a 1911
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

shoulda used a 1911

Exactly. It would have cauterized the stump where his leg used to be.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
shoulda used a 1911

Exactly. It would have cauterized the stump where his leg used to be.

This is true if it actually fired, chances are a 1911 would not have gone off in his pants.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
That's just a few miles from my house.

ETA:  I can't get the linked article to load.  Here's a blurb from the local paper.

http://www.times-herald.com/local/GBI-crime-lab-rules-Newnan-residents-death-accidental-1264719

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
suicide
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

assisted suicide

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:13:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Obviously it wasn't a Glock 9mm...

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

suicide

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what the "several other things going on" was?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
its Bush's falt
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The CIA took him out.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Assassin? He was definetly "professional enough"
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

safe action suicide

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]
self-described skeptical forum poster is dubious
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The CIA took him out.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Notably, this was his first confirmed kill as a CIA assassin.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Notably, this was his first confirmed kill as a CIA assassin.  

hahahaha  Brilliant

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#19]
CIA made a mistake and put out contract on himself WTF?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]
glock perfection.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Guess he didn't pay his CIA union dues in time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, at least he can honestly say he killed at least one person, now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No kidding. Kind of an odd description to put in an article about the death of a purported CIA assassin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn.

If he was in that kind of shape at 58, then there's hope for me yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#25]
LOLZ. "Self described CIA assasin."  If he really was one, he would not be talking about it today and the government would have had him in prison for violating his non-disclosure the second he opened his mouth if he really was one.  The fact this idiot shot himself is fairly reasonable evidence that he was no "highly trained killer."
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding. Kind of an odd description to put in an article about the death of a purported CIA assassin.

It's just poor, sloppy reporting. It happens a lot.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Shouldn't have been playing with his gun in the car.  

What do you think the chances are that he was not using a holster?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#28]
  sure he was
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

LOLZ. "Self described CIA assasin." If he really was one, he would not be talking about it today and the government would have had him in prison for violating his non-disclosure the second he opened his mouth if he really was one. The fact this idiot shot himself is fairly reasonable evidence that he was no "highly trained killer."

That was my first thought when I read "self described cia assasin". I guess he wasn't proffeshunal enuff.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#30]

A handful of accounts about the Haas controversy, including one by SpyTalk in 2008, have mysteriously vanished from the Internet.

On his Facebook page, Haas described himself as "self-employed”  but listed two previous, unenumerated stints with the "Department of Defense.”

"Based on the Herald-Times article, it would appear as if Haas had
fallen on hard times," Sullivan said today. "May he rest In peace."

Sounds to me like he had a little more legitimacy than the average poseur.  Interesting story.

Regardless, It might still be appropriate to ask "what was his screen name"

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOLZ. "Self described CIA assasin."  If he really was one, he would not be talking about it today and the government would have had him in prison for violating his non-disclosure the second he opened his mouth if he really was one.  The fact this idiot shot himself is fairly reasonable evidence that he was no "highly trained killer."

His fans will be certain this was a "hit" and he will thus live in infamy, like ShaunoftheDead from this board.

First time I ever heard of this guy I was flipping TV channels and saw him on CSPAN "Booknotes."

This guy was like the local neighborhood bar blowhard taking it to the graduate level.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Haas, code name Avocado has been neutralized.

Nobody fucks with the Culinary Institute of America.

Nobody.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Haas, code name Avocado has been neutralized.

Nobody fucks with the Culinary Institute of America.

Nobody.

Awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:41:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Should have aimed higher... but overall, got the job done.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A handful of accounts about the Haas controversy, including one by SpyTalk in 2008, have mysteriously vanished from the Internet.

On his Facebook page, Haas described himself as "self-employed”  but listed two previous, unenumerated stints with the "Department of Defense.”

"Based on the Herald-Times article, it would appear as if Haas had fallen on hard times," Sullivan said today. "May he rest In peace."

Sounds to me like he had a little more legitimacy than the average poseur.  Interesting story.
Regardless, It might still be appropriate to ask "what was his screen name"

No, no legitimacy at all.  He was a government employee, though, and had a clearance.  Nobody could really do anything at first because his fantasy life didn't really happen, so he didn't violate any nondisclosure stuff or do anything to get his clearance revoked - since his book was, for all intents and purposes, a work of fiction.

The obvious mental instability thing, though, no doubt eventually caused him to lose his clearance and his job (as a mid level DoD functionary, if I recall... not a covert "CIA Assassin").
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#36]
He saw Obama with out his helmet and re-breather
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

His fans will be certain this was a "hit" and he will thus live in infamy, like ShaunoftheDead from this board.

First time I ever heard of this guy I was flipping TV channels and saw him on CSPAN "Booknotes."

This guy was like the local neighborhood bar blowhard taking it to the graduate level.

Sometimes I think that I may be the only prior 0311 in existance.  Everytime I run into someone who says he was in the Marines, they always say "sniper".  No motor T, no helo maintenance, no run of the mill grunt, but always a "sniper."  Seems the Marines have more snipers than any other MOS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#39]
The penalty for impersonating a CIA officer has really got out of hand. What happened to just a year or two in jail...
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
suicide

Looks like it to me; Glocked himself in the leg on purpose to make it look like an accident.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide

Looks like it to me; Glocked himself in the leg on purpose to make it look like a hit intended to look like an accident.

He wanted to go, but wanted his legend to live on.  He struck me as a guy who was empowered by those who believed his fairy tales.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide

Looks like it to me; Glocked himself in the leg on purpose to make it look a hit intended to look like an accident.

He wanted to go, but wanted his legend to live on.  He struck me as a guy who as empowered by those who believed his fairy tales.

I believe that you are right and he wanted his "legend" to go on; the ultimate Walter Mitty..
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#43]
He had dirt on Hillary.

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Right, you really believe a former CIA assassin accidentally killed himself. That's why they want you to think.

It's one of those improbable accidents that can't be tied back to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide

Looks like it to me; Glocked himself in the leg on purpose to make it look like a hit intended to look like an accident.

He wanted to go, but wanted his legend to live on.  He struck me as a guy who as empowered by those who believed his fairy tales.

I think you are spot on with that assesment.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Glad he is gone. It ain't the gun that was at fault. His handling of it was the fault.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I think that I may be the only prior 0311 in existance.  Everytime I run into someone who says he was in the Marines, they always say "sniper".  No motor T, no helo maintenance, no run of the mill grunt, but always a "sniper."  Seems the Marines have more snipers than any other MOS.

I guess "every Marine is a rifleman sniper first."

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide

He wanted to go, but wanted his legend to live on.  He struck me as a guy who was empowered by those who believed his fairy tales.

Only a real CIA agent would be that diabolical.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top