Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:24:11 PM EST
CIA Chief Says Cheney Almost 'Wishing' U.S. Be Attacked Again
CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

Sunday, June 14, 2009

WASHINGTON –– CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

Panetta told The New Yorker for an article in its June 22 issue that Cheney "smells some blood in the water" on the issue of national security.

Cheney has said in several interviews that he thinks Obama is making the U.S. less safe. He has been critical of Obama for ordering the closure of the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, halting enhanced interrogations of suspected terrorists and reversing other Bush administration initiatives he says helped to prevent attacks on the U.S.

Last month the former vice president offered a withering critique of Obama's policies and a defense of the Bush administration on the same day that Obama made a major speech about national security.

Panetta said of Cheney's remarks: "It's almost, a little bit, gallows politics. When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point. I think that's dangerous politics."

Asked if he agreed with Panetta, Vice President Joe Biden told CNN's "State of the Union" that he wouldn't question the motive behind Cheney's criticism.

"I think Dick Cheney's judgment about how to secure America is faulty," Biden said. "I think our judgment is correct."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/14/cia-chief-says-cheney-wishing-attacked/
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:14:23 PM EST
Panetta is a tool. I feel sorry for the CIA guys who have to work for him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:17:03 PM EST
They'll find a way to blame EVERYTHING on republicans....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:18:52 PM EST
What a despicable thing for Panetta to say.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:19:24 PM EST
No, if anyone is WISHING something, it's the administration (and Panetta) with their heads in the sand, hoping that all the ass kissing with the [COC Violation] will keep them from attacking us. Cheney is a realist...he knows it's coming.

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:20:18 PM EST
Fvck Panetta. What a POS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:20:21 PM EST
What fucking moron. So let me get this straight, just because Cheney critisizes Biden and Obama's actions, this mean Cheney wishes america would come under attack to make his point? Talk about putting words in someones mouth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:20:34 PM EST
Who in their right mind would continue to work for the CIA now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:20:38 PM EST
Anyone who doesn't know Panetta is a fucking douche please set yourself on fire so we know who you are.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:21:10 PM EST

so saying he thinks obama is fucking up and needs to get serious about protecting this country means he wants it to get attacked?

fuck obama, every politician in washington, and obama appointees. fuck em' all.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:21:55 PM EST
Consider the source.

I can't name one person in his admin that's worth shit.

HH
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:22:23 PM EST
does his darth vaderness know no bounds ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:24:12 PM EST

Panetta is a tool of the DNC and a lawyer for Clinton. No surprise here that Dems will use the Agency for political gain.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:25:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 12:02:34 PM EST by Zig]
deleted
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:40:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By HoustonHusker:
Consider the source.

I can't name one person in his admin that's worth shit.

HH

Pannetta? I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:43:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By paris-dakar:
What a despicable predictable thing for Panetta to say.

No offense OP, just fixed it for you...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:43:12 PM EST
Panetta

Another sucker of midget dick
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:45:03 PM EST
STFU and do your job, Panetta.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:46:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 3:47:54 PM EST by El-cid]
Shocker that a Clinton retread appointment would be attacking a Republican, color me shocked. Maybe 'ol Leon should check with the previous CIA Director George Tenet another Democrat appointed by Clinton who says the same thing Cheney says.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:48:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By El-cid:
Shocker that a Clinton retread appointment would be attacking a Republican, color me shocked.

Panetta had to do something big to regain some "street cred" with the White House after he publicly confirmed Pelosi had been briefed by the CIA on torture techniques.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:50:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:50:47 PM EST
Wait, I thought Dems wanted that (another attack) to prove that ALL of Bush's policies were "unwise". Of course they would have preferred that it was White Supremacists or the KKK to be the terrorists but...."any crisis can be exploited".......I think the Dems said that.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:53:18 PM EST
CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

In other words, it actually does suggest nothing of the sort. Kind of like how Panetta's creepy appearance almost suggests that he is a baby-raping pedophile. See? It's quite easy to make up accusations when you don't need any evidence for them. I should have become a democrat years ago.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:55:25 PM EST
Panetta is so unqualified for the position he is in every time he opens his mouth people realize what a complete fucktard he is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:58:54 PM EST
"I think Dick Cheney's judgment about how to secure America is faulty," Biden said. "I think our judgment is correct."

Time will tell.

Of course Vice-President Cheney does not want us attacked. He loves this Country and wants what is best for it. What is best for America is not by the way, what Obama and all his people want for us.

Leon Panetta has always been a moron, so I do not give any thought to anything he says.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:01:56 PM EST
Panetta and Co. are just prepping for when we are attacked, they will just point fingers at Cheney and others.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:03:55 PM EST
I can see the logic. If/when we see another attack, Pinheada can blame it on Cheney, because he wanted it so badly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:05:24 PM EST
Panetta needs to shut his hole.

Biden HIMSELF said Obama would be "tested" in the first however many months of the administration.

If that wasn't "wishing" and essentially saying "We'd have handled 9/11/01 better than Bush did and we can't wait to prove it" I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:06:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Steve_in_Washington:

He and Obammy are going to get us hit. Cheney and Bush will have nothing to do with it happening.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:06:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
STFU and do your job, Panetta.

Unfortunately, he IS doing his job - which is to be an Obama fluffer.

He doesn't know the first thing about running an organization like the CIA, so he has no idea how to do THAT job, and probably doesn't care. After all, once Obama is done kissing everyone's ass in the world, all countries and groups will LOVE the U.S., and not ever want to harm us, right? So who really needs the CIA anyway?

Bingo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:13:59 PM EST
Still Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:16:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Merrell:
Fvck Panetta. What a POS.

This. Panetta will let Obama break every law in the land, wont he? Fuck Panetta and fuck Obama!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:18:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Steve_in_Washington:

This.

Cheney has twice the stones that man could ever hope for.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:18:43 PM EST
Since when does a CIA chief make political commentary???
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:17 PM EST
Well there Leon you'd better make sure that DOES NOT HAPPEN

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:25:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 4:26:19 PM EST by Snow-man]
Panetta and Pelosi smoke from the same pole.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:27:31 PM EST
Our country is in the hands of a bunch of EMO cows. They are getting us in some deep trouble.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:28:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By DigDug:
Panetta Obama is so unqualified for the position he is in every time he opens his mouth people realize what a complete fucktard he is.

Funny how that applys the same to him also.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:28:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Since when does a CIA chief make political commentary???

When the admin needs distractions. This admin needs lots of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:30:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 5:06:12 PM EST by Abearir]
Hmmmm..... CIA = An agency with near unlimited resources and highly skilled people trained in making people disappear. I'm betting he won't be a big problem long if it comes to it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:30:44 PM EST
Now that right there is bull shit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:32:33 PM EST
Top Top